GDT: Nov 30 - Canucks @ Rangers 11:00PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Nov 30 - Canucks @ Rangers 11:00PST

Post by Cornuck »

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

RoyalDude wrote:Little Dorsett beats up a giant

Little Bieksa beats up a giant

Wake up call time for Kassian, send him to Utica. Bring up Archibald.
What a stupid post. Sestito didn't lose that fight and Kassian is not worse that 11 forwards on this team. Your sheets must be covered in piss
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Art Vandelay wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Little Dorsett beats up a giant

Little Bieksa beats up a giant

Wake up call time for Kassian, send him to Utica. Bring up Archibald.
What a stupid post. Sestito didn't lose that fight and Kassian is not worse that 11 forwards on this team. Your sheets must be covered in piss
So sad, blinded by homerism. Dorsett landed some nice bombs on your boi sestitos face who is twice the size of Dorsett. Man up jabronee, call a spade a spade, it's ok.

Hey Vandalay, a little insight, the more you chase me around these boards and not offer up any intelligible hockey opinions is all the more proof that I'm under your skin and winning, otherwise you wouldn't give two shits about me, but that's ok in my books, you wear your heart on your sleeve. In the mean time thicken your skin
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Call me insane, but I wonder what Bieksa would look like as a winger.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sestito didn't totally blast dorsett, but he took care of him, more importantly Sestito is 2nd in hits for this team even with his paltry 6 min. per game. :thumbs:

Plus some of his bodychecks are bone crunching, he's playing well for his $750K 4th line salary.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I have no complaints about Sestito. Dorsett got the better of him today Rypien style
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

There goes my 7 pt prediction... Also I don't think sestito lost..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rats19 wrote:There goes my 7 pt prediction... Also I don't think sestito lost..
sestito didn't lose the fight. Dude is being a troll similar to his claim that Roussel beat up Kassian which is also bullshit.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
rats19 wrote:There goes my 7 pt prediction... Also I don't think sestito lost..
sestito didn't lose the fight. Dude is being a troll similar to his claim that Roussel beat up Kassian which is also bullshit.
Today's games are the games that trolls live for.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Oh this is painful, the homerism here and how it blinds thee. NHL Hockeyfights has voted 60% in favour of Dorsett as the winner, but Chef Boi RD is a troll for stating the mere truth!

All that being said, along with the Sedins, I have no qualms with Sestito, the guy is inspirational, Bieksa as well and Burrows too, as he is trying, just snake bit. The rest of the fucking team can go. I don't mind Tanev and Hamhius but that is it, fire the lot
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Of coarse we are homers, I personal am probably the worst. I just keep hoping until a change is made and the I hope some more.. I would not enjoy the team if I went all negative about everything. That's just me though, make no mistake about it I read your posts sometimes I agree sometimes I don't... But I am a Homer that is a fact
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

^ The difference IMO is some of us can be less than thrilled with how the team is performing without bitching and moaning about nearly every single player numerous times in every GDT (only for games the team loses though).

Didn't watch this game after the first. Had shit to do and wasn't going to sit around and watch them lose. If Kesler would have scored when he got behind the defense and if Burrows had buried his 89234143 glorious opportunity of the season the game would have ended up differently. Earlier on I would have said well that's the way the puck bounces, but I am now officially concerned about us out shooting nearly every opponent and not coming away with enough W's.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

Missed HNIC, but did Healy mention the Canuck's game time in relation to Örnsköldsvik?

John Garratt, it is one thing to be an idiot, quite another to advertise. If Luongo was beaten by tips/deflections from 6", 12" and 18", it is due to poor positioning. Deflections from that close should not get by a goaltender.

Torts was out coached by AV taking advantage of last change. Too often the Canucks fourth line was matched up against the Rags top line. Two of the Rags even strength goals were score in this scenario.

Did the Rags play ever look familiar. They are playing AV hockey to a T.
Last edited by Topper on Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

vic wrote:Call me insane, but I wonder what Bieksa would look like as a winger.
I think a few years ago, our D was really stacked and Bieksa was struggling a bit because of injuries and what not (that year he got a skate cut on his leg?), so it looked like he was going to be the odd man out for a time there. AV had him on wing for a few games, but it was mostly 4th line, so he couldn't really do much. Bieksa came back with a good year and reclaimed a spot as one of our top d-man.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

I was obviously disappointed in our blow out loss yesterday, but a few positives:

1) Booth is playing better
2) Power Play has a goal 4 games in a row (5 now with the Canes game).
3) I'm loving the emotion from Bieksa, and like the fact that Bieksa and Sestito are "answering the bell" so to speak. Hopefully, this is a sign of things to come......especially from Bieksa.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises