GDT: Nov 30 - Canucks @ Rangers 11:00PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: GDT: Nov 30 - Canucks @ Rangers 11:00PST

Post by Cornuck »

I've never been happier to put up Christmas lights.... Good game to miss.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Gotta wonder how the sedins can be such no-shows? We looked absolutely impotent (scary word for a 51 year old man to suggest).
One thing for sure, big let down for all concerned. Was all excited about starting my Saturday with a feel-good canucks experience; those type of experiences seem to be trending to the less side.
Last edited by nuckster on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cc oldtimer
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Garrison and Higgins - leaders of the meh club. They have no edge
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is Nukster blaming the Sedins? LOL

They ain't the problem. Remove them from the team and we are worst team in the league by a long shot. Remove any other pair, take your pick, and you wouldn't notice a thing
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Go Bieksa!

At least we went down swinging.

Rags outclassed us everywhere on the ice.

This could have been a good game. Sucks that our execution was shitty.
Last edited by mathonwy on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

RoyalDude wrote:Is Nukster blaming the Sedins? LOL

They ain't the problem. Remove them from the team and we are worst team in the league by a long shot. Remove any other pair, take your pick, and you wouldn't notice a thing
Nope, blaming the whole team. Fact is though. the Sedins are our leaders and as they go, it pretty much dictates how it all goes.

I guess I had an unrealistic expectation that the the players would be pumped for this game.
cc oldtimer
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

unless they turn the season around soon the Canucks for the first time in almost a decade will be sellers at trade deadline.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Little Dorsett beats up a giant

Little Bieksa beats up a giant

Wake up call time for Kassian, send him to Utica. Bring up Archibald.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:unless they turn the season around soon the Canucks for the first time in almost a decade will be sellers at trade deadline.
Certainly hope we ain't buyers, do not want to see another Roy or Pahlsson at expense of draft picks. Sellers are the only winners at the trade deadline, you're buying fools gold if you're a buyer, you hear that Mike Gillis?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Kesler, Burrows, Edler and some how Luongo should be traded for young players, prospects to kick start the rebuild with the Sedins staying to help maintain a decent level of competitiveness and leadership for the kids
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Trade Higgins, Kassian and Hansen as well

Buyout Booth

Bye Richardson
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:Kesler, Burrows, Edler and some how Luongo should be traded for young players, prospects to kick start the rebuild with the Sedins staying to help maintain a decent level of competitiveness and leadership for the kids
Kesler isn't going anywhere.

Burrows' value has to be pretty low at this point. Fucks sakes he might be trying but he's producing at the rate of a 4th liner. 3 Assists, -5 in 15 games while getting 18 minutes per night and 2+ PP mins per game. His miserable production is costing us games.

I'm not sure Edler will ever flourish under Tortorella (or any coach for that matter). It seems like he's always going to be that guy just below a premier d-man. Like a Dion Phaneuf, with less offensive instincts and glimpses of better defensive play. He's just never going to be a franchise d-man.

You're not going to get a buyer for Luongo. Get used to it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The one you say ain't going anywhere - Kesler will probably be the big name that gets moved. The others I agree. Not concerned about Burrows game, he'll come around.

Luongo for Miller
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:Kesler, Burrows, Edler and some how Luongo should be traded for young players, prospects to kick start the rebuild with the Sedins staying to help maintain a decent level of competitiveness and leadership for the kids
Gotta keep Lui, I highly doubt we'd be lucky to land a Crawford, Howard etc type goalie in the near future.
And I don't want to go through another 10-15 years of a horrid goalie graveyard again, like how it was prior to Luongo being here.

Luongo is the least of our worries, he's a stabilizing factor for this team and a consistent top 10 NHL goalie every year.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
angel
AHL Prospect

Post by angel »

mathonwy wrote:Go Bieksa!

At least we went down swinging.

Rags outclassed us everywhere on the ice.

This could have been a good game. Sucks that our execution was shitty.
@kbieksa3 turned 6'7" and 244lbs into a rag doll #impressed