GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

Postby Meds » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:11 pm

The team had better put their shit together tonight. Ottawa has a worse home record than we do, if you can believe that, and so far this year we have been fairly good on the road.....at least that is where we seem to get most of our "bounces".

I think we can count on 60 minutes of effort at this point, but some finish would be nice tonight.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3524
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

Postby Hockey Widow » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:25 pm

I love these must wins in November. :mrgreen:

At least I don't care if it is a three pointer, as long as we get two of them.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4440
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

Postby SKYO » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:34 pm

Waiting for that: Hey guys chill the fuck out, its only November!
I be like: ya said that 2 years ago!
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

Postby Reefer2 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:35 pm

A must win.
User avatar
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1123
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Woot, Dan, Boothy and G-Bomb! Nice to see Booth and Garrison get one, both have been struggling. Especially Boothy. Hopefully he can remain healthy and push like 15-20 goals again; it'd be really nice for him.
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1308
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

Postby rats19 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:55 pm

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Woot, Dan, Boothy and G-Bomb! Nice to see Booth and Garrison get one, both have been struggling. Especially Boothy. Hopefully he can remain healthy and push like 15-20 goals again; it'd be really nice for him.

And us...
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4969
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

Postby SKYO » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:57 pm

Due for some puck luck!
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

Postby rats19 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Way better than 4-3. Big goal
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4969
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

Postby dbr » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:50 pm

I missed the first half of the game, has Lehner been handling the puck like this all night?
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2595
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

Postby rats19 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:52 pm

Anderson started..pulled after 4th goal I think.. Yah no one is yelling to him..
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4969
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

Postby Zamboni Driver » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:05 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:I love these must wins in November. :mrgreen:



I love these Eastern Conference games! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

Postby Hockey Widow » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:32 pm

Funny thing it wasn't one of their dominant performances but they scored still will. Got a PP goal too, three games in a row with a PP goal. Bad goaltending by Anderson tonight makes are players look like 50 goal scorers but I'll take it.

Gotta love Torts giving the business to Hansen after the first Ottawa goal. Really chewed him out. Only reason he saw the ice again was the score I think. Love how Torts makes players accountable no matter who they are and treats the the same. If you don't want to work you will sit.

Good game for Booth, he looked much more confident tonight. Liked his line,mSantorelli, Richardson and Booth. They played well together.

Great start to the road trip. Sure would be nice to get all four.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4440
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

Postby Zamboni Driver » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Hockey Widow wrote: Funny thing it wasn't one of their dominant performances but they scored still will. Got a PP goal too, three games in a row with a PP goal. Bad goaltending by Anderson tonight makes are players look like 50 goal scorers but I'll take it.

Gotta love Torts giving the business to Hansen after the first Ottawa goal. Really chewed him out. Only reason he saw the ice again was the score I think.


I missed that - bad giveway or lazy defence?

Hockey Widow wrote:Good game for Booth, he looked much more confident tonight. Liked his line,mSantorelli, Richardson and Booth. They played well together.


Let's hope they can keep that up, looked like a decent 3rd line tonight.
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

Postby Benjo » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:47 pm

Zamboni Driver wrote:
I missed that - bad giveway or lazy defence?



I don't think it was THAT lazy of Hansen and I believe Torts used it as a springboard to get the other guys to wake the hell up. It was a 3 on 3 and Hansen was the 4th guy coming back. Yes he could have skated harder back to make it a 3 on 4 but the points would have been exposed. It was a beauty shot off the wing by the Sens player.

Quote of the day:

"I found the back of the net in pre-game skate too, it's been a good day" - David Booth #Canucks

----------------------------

Game winning goal by Shinkaruk in the Super Series tonight, it's a good day!
Last edited by Benjo on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: GDT: Nov 28 - Canucks @ Senators 16:30PST SNETVAN

Postby Strangelove » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:48 pm

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Funny thing it wasn't one of their dominant performances but they scored still will. Got a PP goal too, three games in a row with a PP goal. Bad goaltending by Anderson tonight makes are players look like 50 goal scorers but I'll take it.

Gotta love Torts giving the business to Hansen after the first Ottawa goal. Really chewed him out. Only reason he saw the ice again was the score I think.


I missed that - bad giveway or lazy defence?


Lazt defense.

Image

Hardly played after that.

I've thought Hansen hasn't looked the same coming back from injury.

Booth may have gotten a coupla points tonight but he's still a dummy.

Hits Kesler in the back with a clearing attempt and it ends up in our net.

Am I the only one who noticed Kesler was hurting badly that shift, needing to get off.

But no, it turns into a looong shift hemmed in their own zone.

Then Kassian has a great chance to finally clear and fucks it up.

Then Booth. Image

I thought all-told Booth and Kassian were a lot more sloppy than Hansen tonight.

That's what she said. :mrgreen:

Canucks have been playing good hockey over the "bad" stretch of late.

They were just not getting any bounces.

Until tonight. :mex:
Last edited by Strangelove on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7702
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Next

Return to Game Day Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rats19, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests