Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby BurningBeard » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:18 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Some people probably find mimes and ventriloquists hilarious too.

I also liked Scott Rintoul's morning show. :lol: Haven't listened to him since he moved to evenings.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Strangelove » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:23 pm

BurningBeard wrote:I'll probably be flamed for saying it, but I like Taylor.

pssst... your beard is on fire.
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby BurningBeard » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:47 pm

Strangelove wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:I'll probably be flamed for saying it, but I like Taylor.
pssst... your beard is on fire.

I know... eating out Anne of Green Gables was definitely a mistake.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby mathonwy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:33 am

Reefer2 wrote:Hey 1040 - Jake still sucks and I still aint listening longer than 5 minutes with him on in the morning.

How bad is it when traffic all the time is better than your morning crew.

I agree. I don't listen to 1040 anymore cuz its typically shite.

Pretty sad sports station representing such a large sports market.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby KeyserSoze » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:05 pm

I chose 103.5 Christmas music over 1040 the other day...
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Aaronp18 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:15 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:I chose 103.5 Christmas music over 1040 the other day...

Get Sirius!
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Mondi » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:19 pm

Black Price may have the single most irritating and smarmy twitter account on the whole of twitter.
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby mathonwy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:43 pm

Mondi wrote:Black Price may have the single most irritating and smarmy twitter account on the whole of twitter.

That's racist.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Hockey Widow » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:53 pm

What, Price is black. I thought that was PK?
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Mondi » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:45 am

Jeff Paterson is a close second.

I can't find three more gleeful guys than Paterson, Price, and Botchford that the Canucks aren't having a good season.

What's more, the whole of the hockey writers in this town infuse their works this "I told you so" attitude that is so pathetic. Anyone can say something during a tailspin or at the beginning of the season to the effect of "this team isn't good enough" only to then say, "I told you so" at some point when the team either misses the playoffs or gets eliminated. After all, only one team wins the cup per season. I've seen so many references to 2011 this year and how good the team was, but I certainly recall a ton of criticism by those same writers back then of a team some 30 games above .500.

Rather than windbag columns lamenting the team's down fall, or pointing out all the dismal stats....how about a column about where things when went wrong. Or, what could be done? Or whether there is truth to rumours that Aquilini is involved in the day-to-day, or the trade decisions...etc. Or whether Kesler actually wants out...

I mean today I read something about buying out Garisson and keeping Booth (because you, know, he's had 5 decent games in a row). Then there was something about how Torts will use injuries as an excuse at some point when the season is over...a predict about excuse that will be made at some point in the next 2 weeks?

If its not Blake gleefully calling people "mircalists" and slamming the team he is the in-house pre and post-game host for (while throwing bouquets at the Giants after they got booted from the playoffs)...it's Botchford getting into flame wars on twitter with other media and private citizens-alike. Or its Gallagher saying Kassian should ask for a trade...

Heck, didn't Willie Mitchell come out and say these guys contribute to the team's struggles?!

Makes me miss Robson, Powell, Byod, Mason, and Larschied. Ah, the good ol' days.
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Island Nucklehead » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:37 am

Mondi wrote:If its not Blake gleefully calling people "mircalists" and slamming the team he is the in-house pre and post-game host for (while throwing bouquets at the Giants after they got booted from the playoffs)...it's Botchford getting into flame wars on twitter with other media and private citizens-alike. Or its Gallagher saying Kassian should ask for a trade...

Perhaps the Canucks should look into hiring some of Stephen Harper's media relations people. Write something negative about the coach, get held up by Rogers arena security for a period and a half. Question Dear Leader, no interviews for your entire organization until after the Draft. Criticize the Franchise, every player will answer every question, regardless of context,with "Let me be clear, we are a world leader in hockey."
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend

Postby dbr » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:00 am

Island Nucklehead wrote:Perhaps the Canucks should look into hiring some of Stephen Harper's media relations people. Write something negative about the coach, get held up by Rogers arena security for a period and a half. Question Dear Leader, no interviews for your entire organization until after the Draft. Criticize the Franchise, every player will answer every question, regardless of context,with "Let me be clear, we are a world leader in hockey."

OMG, can this be an option in Arachnid's poll?
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Arachnid » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:11 am

dbr wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Perhaps the Canucks should look into hiring some of Stephen Harper's media relations people. Write something negative about the coach, get held up by Rogers arena security for a period and a half. Question Dear Leader, no interviews for your entire organization until after the Draft. Criticize the Franchise, every player will answer every question, regardless of context,with "Let me be clear, we are a world leader in hockey."

OMG, can this be an option in Arachnid's poll?

Hey! I can only cram so much crap in the poll...you want to vent....create your own gad dang poll! (rumour has it you like poles :P

Pretty funny idea though...Media security....
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby ClamRussel » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:14 pm

BladesofSteel wrote:B-Mac/Taylor: I enjoy their Ferarro segments, but without a guest on, they enjoy themselves a little too much.

You're forgetting the gut-splitting hilarious "Twitter Guy" segment where their systematic ribbing & ROFL isn't the least bit contrived. This is can't-miss-non-stop-action!!
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Postby Lancer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:56 am

Dude, having dealt with those clowns more than I would care to admit it wouldn't be quite so comical and more depressing. It would be nothing but press briefs where either Gillis or Torts would read a statement, and then leave before questions get asked. No player interviews allowed under any circumstances. Any coverage of Utica would have to get GMMG's pre-authorization before anybody says anything on- or off-record. Anybody straying off message will become an un-canuck.

I don't really read much beyond the Province online, and I don't get the local broadcast shows - which seems like not such a bad thing judging by the comments around here. I can handle Botch - opinion, ego and all. I barely read whatever Gollum puts out, and Willes just seems a little too smarmy but otherwise don't mind him.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat