LA Kings at Canucks. 7PM SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: LA Kings at Canucks. 7PM SNET

Post by Lancer »

Kings get the equalizer and the Canucks look like the Canucks of the funk again.

Jesus jumped-up Christ, will this team grow and keep its nuts for a whole game??? :evil:

Where the hell is a sports psychologist when this team needs one? I thought for once they'd turned a mental corner and then they cough it up again!

FFS this team is killing me.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

No offense to Bourdon, but I always thought we should have picked Kopitar when we had the chance! :evil:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

I haven't felt like this about this team... ever.

Two consecutive games where a hated playoff rival ties it in the 3rd and takes it in OT/shootout.

Absolutely ridiculous. It's only November but wow am I ever pissed off.
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

Huge mistakes by Bieksa and Edler on the tying and go ahead goals - Lu played OK, but got out played again. Same shit different day. Team played well enough to win, just can't seem to put it all together. Very very frustrating. It will be interesting to see how much patience Gillis actually has.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

$lacker wrote:Huge mistakes by Bieksa and Edler on the tying and go ahead goals - Lu played OK, but got out played again. Same shit different day. Team played well enough to win, just can't seem to put it all together. Very very frustrating. It will be interesting to see how much patience Gillis actually has.
Thing is, right up until Edler's brain-fart the team was playing like it was going to carry this one through. One act of stupidity and they can't make a play to save themselves.

No confidence whatsoever.

...and to think of the money I shelled out for the family to see them come to the Canadian Tire Centre on Thursday.... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hate the League.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

TRADES IDGAF!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

mathonwy wrote: It's only November

True... It kind of puts things into perspective. We could have easily won the last few games but just can't catch a f-ing break. It's frustrating for sure, but with any luck we will be laughing about the shitty November in February and March.

I blame it on Lou's Movember mask. Not Luo, the mask. :)
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

On a positive note, I thought Wiese, Booth, and Kassian all had better games tonight.

Fact of the matter is that if you have 8 power plays and still lose the game, you don't deserve to win.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Not enough horses in this team for the tough games that matter. I don't expect this to change if we are lucky enough to get into the playoffs. The playoff teams in the West are better than us plain and simple. Too big of a drop off from core group to secondary group. Need more top end talent. This is all on the GM
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

$lacker wrote:On a positive note, I thought Wiese, Booth, and Kassian all had better games tonight.

Fact of the matter is that if you have 8 power plays and still lose the game, you don't deserve to win.
On another positive note, I gleefully read Bob Mckenzie's tweet that CBC and Rogers have sewn up an exclusive Anglo rights deal with the NHL. So much for the NHL on the Toronto Sports Network :mrgreen: . Guess Dreger will have to make an honest living for once in a number of years. ;)

Still have to put up with the tard farm at HNIC, though... :?

Hate the League.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Lancer wrote:
$lacker wrote:On a positive note, I thought Wiese, Booth, and Kassian all had better games tonight.

On another positive note, I gleefully read Bob Mckenzie's tweet that CBC and Rogers have sewn up an exclusive Anglo rights deal with the NHL. So much for the NHL on the Toronto Sports Network :mrgreen: . Guess Dreger will have to make an honest living for once in a number of years. ;)

Still have to put up with the tard farm at HNIC, though... :?
Time for Sportsnet to pluck the good ones from TSN asap.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

RoyalDude wrote: The playoff teams in the West are better than us plain and simple.
The question however, is by how much?

You saw what I saw right?

Did Chicago and LA really dominate the crap out of us? Did Pitsburgh? Anaheim? Phoenix?

How about our last two contests against the San Jose Sharks? Did they dominate us?

Yes - the Canucks are losing to these teams for the most part, but we've been right there with them neck and neck.

Maybe it's just or two minor things that the Canucks need to do to make the World's difference?

If the Canucks were getting blown out by these teams, then I'd be having a different conversation with you..........,but the Canucks aren't being blown out. From what I see, we're almost their equals.......almost.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Thanks Dude you fucking tard
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

herb wrote:They have been broken up for two games there Todd...
Really? every time I watch them, Kes is with the Sedins. But, I have been only been able to watch bits of the games here and there.

Anyways, the lost tonite really blowed. Once again, we have a 1 goal lead on a good team late in the 3rd, only to watch them score in the last few minutes and win it in OT. Boy, I think we really missed a guy like Manny in those situations. A big strong defensive shut down guy who's great on the draws.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Anyone don't make any mistakes, this game was cancering like lava from the beginning, then became a butchery express and lost when we all thought it's a win. I can say nothing about the effort, it was there, but theY're not good enough at least not now...i think i had scored on one of the good occasions.
Last edited by Cookie La Rue on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'