LA Kings at Canucks. 7PM SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

LA Kings at Canucks. 7PM SNET

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Is tonight the night the Canucks turn it around?

LA: 15-06-03 33pts 3rd in the division
VAN: 12-09-04 28pts 5th in the division

These two points just may be the most important of the year so far. It's time to "flip the switch." (for you RD) :lol:

It's a huge match up against a divisional opponent and rival. There is no need for extra motivation tonight. This team needs a win badly and it's time to deliver. The team has played well enough, but with no finish.

I really believe that the game on Saturday was the lowest of the low point of the season. The team isn't playing awful. As a matter of fact, they out worked the Hawks for the better part of the game and probably deserved to win, despite all of the odd-man rushes against.

Expect a completely different game from the Kings tonight. They are big and like to hit and hurt. If the Canucks can keep pace with the physical game of the Kings, I like our chances.

I really want to see Booth back in. Hopefully the father, son, and holy spirit have lit a fire under his ass and he can contribute. It is an absolute shame what has happened to the guy and if he has any respect for himself and the game he plays he will work his way back in and be the player the team needs him to be. WWJD Dave?

Miyagi's keys to the game: Score goals, put the puck in the King's net, and score more than the kings.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: LA Kings at Canucks. 7PM SNET

Post by SKYO »

Score goals is all this team needs to do!

I think the team has shown and proven to MG what the obvious weakness is by now, in that by scoring 1 goal per game just ain't gonna cut it!

Need a 2nd liner who can help put up points to help out Kesler or whoever is slotted on the 2nd line.

Having said that, I think the team fresh off a loss vs their hated rivals will have them rejuvenated for a tough win tonight.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Kings are going to obliterate us with their superior skill and grit.

Wish we had honest, principled players like Dustin Brown and Drew Doughty.

Shoulda drafted Kopitar.

Shoulda dismantled the team while our useless core players actually had some value.

Woe is us.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Not feeling good about this one lads.

Los Angeles 4
Vancouver 0

Royaldude and Calgarypuck.com are going to have a field day on this one unfortunately.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Gotta agree with ya Myiagi, even a step further and gonna say that this is the first MUST WIN of the season for the Canucks. They have a chance to burn on of LA's games and also grab 2 points to pull to within 3. Lose and they are 7 points back and the hole gets deeper. Tonight is a prime opportunity that is being presented to them, and it is even better because Quick is out and the Kings don't have the reliable backup that they've been able to count on for the last few years. If the Canucks can't seize this opportunity then Gillis might as well start breaking his own rule and start asking which guys will be willing to waive their NTC.

I really don't think this is an effort level thing either. It's purely bounces and a lack of finishers.

I think some of it is still the VIgneault system hanging on.....shoot for rebounds. Torts wants shots from everywhere, but the guys still aren't shooting "to score", they are just shooting to get the puck on net. Nobody even looks like they are trying to pick a corner or a make the goaltender stretch to make a save. That's just the impression I get.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

SKYO wrote:Score goals is all this team needs to do!
It all sounds so simple, when you say it like that.

Look out Tony Robbins.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

dbr wrote:Kings are going to obliterate us with their superior skill and grit.

Wish we had honest, principled players like Dustin Brown and Drew Doughty.

Shoulda drafted Kopitar.

Shoulda dismantled the team while our useless core players actually had some value.

Woe is us.
The end is nigh.

Que sera sera.

Just have to put our best foot forward.

Keep a stiff upper lip & look ahead. That's it.

In Gillis we trust.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

My head tells me there's no way the Canucks can pull out a win, which usually means they shock the hell out of me by winning and looking good doing it.

Edit - I personally think the Kesler at wing experiment has to end tonight, or at least be put on hold. If this team is going to go down in flames, let's at least have it be on the backs of Hank and Kes. We have enough wingers who cannot score FFS.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

herb wrote:My head tells me there's no way the Canucks can pull out a win, which usually means they shock the hell out of me by winning and looking good doing it.

Edit - I personally think the Kesler at wing experiment has to end tonight, or at least be put on hold. If this team is going to go down in flames, let's at least have it be on the backs of Hank and Kes. We have enough wingers who cannot score FFS.
+1
Maybe time for Torts to make a "Bold Move"? Kesler between the "doghouse twins" Booth and Kassian.. to play against the big line of LA.. A chance for Booth and Kassian to redeem themselves ? At least it gives us 1 tough line.. If it doesn't work demote either or both Booth and Kassian to 4th line and use Kesler to center Higgins, Hansen. Burrows playing with the twins will be effective..
I thought the Canucks played a strong game against Chitown.. so am predicting a win 3-2 against LA..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Tiger wrote:
herb wrote:My head tells me there's no way the Canucks can pull out a win, which usually means they shock the hell out of me by winning and looking good doing it.

+1
Maybe time for Torts to make a "Bold Move"? Kesler between the "doghouse twins" Booth and Kassian.. to play against the big line of LA.. A chance for Booth and Kassian to redeem themselves ? At least it gives us 1 tough line.. If it doesn't work demote either or both Booth and Kassian to 4th line and use Kesler to center Higgins, Hansen. Burrows playing with the twins will be effective..
I thought the Canucks played a strong game against Chitown.. so am predicting a win 3-2 against LA..
I'm not even sure how Kassian ended up in the doghouse. He scored a goal and was on the ice for another against Columbus, and it's not like that first goal was totally his fault, by that I mean he didn't just mail it in.

Against Chicago I didn't even see him out there after the first period.....what landed him on the bench with a staple in his ass?
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

^ He ended up there due to a handful of cutesy, high risk/low reward passes that resulted in quality scoring chances (and one goal) against in the last two games.

Kassian and Booth were two players I noted in the pre-season as being absolutely critical players due to their potential to provide that secondary scoring we desperately need. Unfortunately, they have been mediocre and a no-show. Sigh.

I will give Kassian this - at least he tries shit out there. Yes he makes some stupid passes, but at least he attempts to make shit happen unlike most of this team who seem content to shoot the puck into the goalie's logo.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I think it's time to break up the Sedin-Kesler line for a stretch. It works great against weaker teams, but for stronger teams like Hawks, Ducks and Kings, it's too easy for them to shut us down. I would like Torts change things up a bit with something like this tonite.

1) Dank-Hank-Kassassian
2) Higgins-Kesler-Burr
3) Booth-Magic Mike-Hansen
4) Sestito-Richardson-Weise
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:
.....what landed him on the bench with a staple in his ass?
Just watch him play, or should I say - coast
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Win win situation for Royaldude here.

If the Canucks win, Royaldude gets to privately celebrate and then BREAK WIND in his daughter's face.

If the Canucks lose, Royaldude gets to troll Canuckscorner.com, and then BREAK WIND in his daughter's face.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises