OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by mathonwy »

Oh the shame. *paperbag*
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Doc will love this one. leaves up 5-3 against the Pens at the end of the second. At one point they were up 4-1. leaves manage two shots from the end of the second until the end of the game. Both shots were in the SO :mrgreen: which don't really count as shots :mrgreen:

leaves lose 6-5 in the SO.

Out shot 17-0 in the third and 2-0 in the OT.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Winnipeg and Nashville win tonight, they are both one point behind us. Nashville has a game in hand. Dallas is 3 points behind us but they have 3 games in hand. We are 5 points out of a playoff spot.

Go Canucks Go!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:Winnipeg and Nashville win tonight, they are both one point behind us. Nashville has a game in hand. Dallas is 3 points behind us but they have 3 games in hand. We are 5 points out of a playoff spot.

Go Canucks Go!
keep an eye on the roadtrip...I am feeling good things will come from it...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Doc will love this one. leaves up 5-3 against the Pens at the end of the second. At one point they were up 4-1. leaves manage two shots from the end of the second until the end of the game. Both shots were in the SO :mrgreen: which don't really count as shots :mrgreen:

... and suddenly the Leaves are clinging to the final playoff spot in the east. :mrgreen:

They are an injury-prone 3-line team with perhaps the worst group of dee in the league.

Twas just a matter of time until their young unproven goaltenders broke under the stress.

A team cannot be continually outshot like that and honestly expect to make the playoffs.

Ahhh it's a great life ain't it H-dub. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: Doc will love this one. leaves up 5-3 against the Pens at the end of the second. At one point they were up 4-1. leaves manage two shots from the end of the second until the end of the game. Both shots were in the SO :mrgreen: which don't really count as shots :mrgreen:

... and suddenly the Leaves are clinging to the final playoff spot in the east. :mrgreen:

They are an injury-prone 3-line team with perhaps the worst group of dee in the league.

Twas just a matter of time until their young unproven goaltenders broke under the stress.

A team cannot be continually outshot like that and honestly expect to make the playoffs.

Ahhh it's a great life ain't it H-dub. :mrgreen:
It is kind fun watching them implode. For sure injuries have hurt them but don't good teams find a way to overcome that? At least that's the shit we got after the Boston series.

But you are correct, they have a horrible defence and simply could not keep getting out shot the way they were. How did they go the third and all of OT without a single shot? I mean they chased MAF after he surrender three quick goals and had some newbie and they don't get any shots.

Could be quite a year if all the Canadian teams miss the playoffs! :wow:
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

that would be a sad day in the NHL if all Canadian teams missed the playoffs.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

There are 5.2 billion reasons for it not to happen.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Reefer2 wrote:that would be a sad day in the NHL if all Canadian teams missed the playoffs.
It'd be even worst if only Toronto made it. :D
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What's the deal with Claude Giroux? Not too long ago they were calling him one of the best players in the game. Now? Well, he pretty much sucks.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

LOFL the leaves lose to the lowly Sabres.

AGAIN :lol:

Here's to my Flyers soon knocking the leaves out of that last playoff spot!

raises wine glass

hic
____
Try to focus on someday.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Strangelove wrote:LOFL the leaves lose to the lowly Sabres.

Hodgson was on the ice longer than anyone with the exception of Tyler Myers, and still didn't get a point... Cheers.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

RoyalDude wrote:What's the deal with Claude Giroux? Not too long ago they were calling him one of the best players in the game. Now? Well, he pretty much sucks.
10 points in the last 10 games....THINK ABOUT IT
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

BurningBeard wrote:
Strangelove wrote:LOFL the leaves lose to the lowly Sabres.

Hodgson was on the ice longer than anyone with the exception of Tyler Myers, and still didn't get a point... Cheers.
Kesler gets more ice time than but 2 or 3 forwards in the league and has the same number of points(17) in the same number of games (27) as Hodgson

THINK ABOUT IT
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Vader wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:Hodgson was on the ice longer than anyone with the exception of Tyler Myers, and still didn't get a point... Cheers.
Kesler gets more ice time than but 2 or 3 forwards in the league and has the same number of points(17) in the same number of games (27) as Hodgson

THINK ABOUT IT
In the Karate Kid, it's clearly stated during the tournament that kicks to the face are illegal, yet Daniel wins using a crane kick to the face.

THINK ABOUT IT

Also, apologies to Mr. Miyagi.