Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trades and rumours 2013-14

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Rightly or wrongly Kane is getting a reputation in Winterpeg as not very coachable.

I'd still like to land him though.
Rightly or wrongly Kane is getting a reputation in Winterpeg as not very honourable (off-ice).

I'd still like to land him though.

I figure the Jets are gonna hafta move him eventually due to said rep, Canucks should be all over dat dere.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Knucklehead wrote: Call me crazy but maybe we can reaquire Barker (?) was it who was drafted 3rd overall and flip him for Schenn, but since Schenn was only drafted 5th overall perhaps Philly would throw in a 2nd to even it out.
Did I mention Luke Schenn led the Flyers in icetime last season at age 22-23? :scowl:

... and had more hits than any 3 of the Canuck top-4 dee combined (and almost as many fights).

You're crazy.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So what's the deal with Kane off the ice/behind the scenes? Is he a Justin Beiber/Kanye West prima-donna?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

RoyalDude wrote:So what's the deal with Kane off the ice/behind the scenes? Is he a Justin Beiber/Kanye West prima-donna?
I've met a couple ppl who knew him when he was a kid growing up in Van-city. They tell me he's a good kid; however, I think like any 22 year old kid who makes the NHL and earns the phat millions of dollars contract, he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder and will do some dumb things at times (ie - showing off a stack of cash while in Vegas). He's still a kid and will act as such at times, he'll be fine once he matures a bit.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:So what's the deal with Kane off the ice/behind the scenes? Is he a Justin Beiber/Kanye West prima-donna?
I've met a couple ppl who knew him when he was a kid growing up in Van-city. They tell me he's a good kid; however, I think like any 22 year old kid who makes the NHL and earns the phat millions of dollars contract, he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder and will do some dumb things at times (ie - showing off a stack of cash while in Vegas). He's still a kid and will act as such at times, he'll be fine once he matures a bit.
phew :sly:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
Knucklehead wrote: Call me crazy but maybe we can reaquire Barker (?) was it who was drafted 3rd overall and flip him for Schenn, but since Schenn was only drafted 5th overall perhaps Philly would throw in a 2nd to even it out.
Did I mention Luke Schenn led the Flyers in icetime last season at age 22-23? :scowl:

... and had more hits than any 3 of the Canuck top-4 dee combined (and almost as many fights).

You're crazy.
I was on here a year ago wanting to trade for Luke and was RDed right away. It takes a few years to develop 18 year-old defencemen. If the Laughs would have let him finish out his junior career he would be even more valuable. Fucking Laughs what a joke.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I get the feeling Doc would trade for Pelle Lindburg because he was a Flyer.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
If he can't grow up in a dressing room with the likes of the Sedins, Higgins, Kesler and with a coach like Torts, then he can't do it anywhere. If Gillis is convinced the kid can be moulded into something productive all-around, then by all means do the trade - even if it means paying a stiffer fee for it.

Something's gotta give. :mad:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Lancer wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
If he can't grow up in a dressing room with the likes of the Sedins, Higgins, Kesler and with a coach like Torts, then he can't do it anywhere. If Gillis is convinced the kid can be moulded into something productive all-around, then by all means do the trade - even if it means paying a stiffer fee for it.

Edler + for Kane.
Booth+ for defenseman.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian (if Kas can earn it)
Burrows-Kesler-Hansen (shutdown central)
Higgins-Santorelli-Kane (scoring off the rush and using speed and going to the net)
Sestito-Richardson-Welsh
Weise

Lately Sestito has been more useful than Weise. He's playing meaner and crashing harder.....even if he is slower.

All of the 2nd and 3rd line guys can rotate thru with the Sedins if Kas shits the bed or when he's gassed in the third. :P

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Garrison-Tanev
Stanton-Defenseman
Corrado
Alberta
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Lancer wrote:If he can't grow up in a dressing room with the likes of the Sedins, Higgins, Kesler and with a coach like Torts, then he can't do it anywhere. If Gillis is convinced the kid can be moulded into something productive all-around, then by all means do the trade - even if it means paying a stiffer fee for it.

The thing is, I get the impression that E.Kane would luv to play here (kind of like Hamhuis, Cliffy Ronning, Courts, Garrison and even Magic Mike). Kane's a hometime boy, he grew up rooting for the Nucks, I think his fave player was Bure. I think playing where u want to be has a big impact on your attitude on and off the ice. I doubt he really likes being in Winterpeg, but he's doing his best for a young player. I get the feeling that Lucic would like to play here too, but he's treated well in boston, they win and it's a good place to play. I never got that feeling with Burnaby Joe though, I don't think he was really ever interested in leaving the Colorado franchise. Maybe if we could of got him early in his career before he developed roots there.

A change in scenery would probably be very good for Evander, but it's going to be a tough deal to make. The Jets will ask for alot to give up their franchise player and not sure Gillis has or is willing to pay that price.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

As a hockey trade I think Edler straight up for Kane is enough. I think some undervalue his worth and the fact he is locked up for five years at a good cap hit. But seldom do we see one for one deals like that. Usually they involve a number of players as both teams try to fill the hole left by the big name they trade. So I could see Edler ++ for Kane ++ type of deal. And in this day and age the cap must work for both teams.

But it is all probably mute, I doubt Winterpeg will shop Kane yet and I doubt MG would ask Edler to waiver of even consider it at this point. The time to trade Edler was before his NTC kicked in but unfortunately, or fortunately, coming off the shortened season and lowering of the cap had a lot of teams not willing to look at the type of trade it would have to be to get a player like Edler.

I wonder if a team like the Flyers would like a do over with hindsight when it comes to trading to get, say, a Luongo and Edler from Vancouver? :mrgreen:

My main point I guess is that Edler alone should be enough to garner a top six. I mean what would you trade to land a top four d'man cause that is what Edler is.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Need to trade Hansen so Kassian can slot in on the 3rd line permanently.

Edler won't be traded this season, maybe in the offseason if the team goes to the shitter.

Booth should be packaged with Hansen + pick for a scorer.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: So what's the deal with Kane off the ice/behind the scenes? Is he a Justin Beiber/Kanye West prima-donna?
Like I say, rightly or wrongly:

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu ... 10484.html

Like I say, I'd still like to land him.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: I get the feeling Doc would trade for Pelle Lindburg because he was a Flyer.
Hmmm I wonder if RD and the Urine Crew would prefer Clarkie to Mikey at this point. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'd sacrifice Hansen and or Kassian/Tanev and a 2014 1st for Kane. We need top 6 help. Hansen I like but lacks finish. Kassian will have to be the sacrificial lamb to try and land top 6 talent or Tanev but I'd rather lose Kassian than Tanev. I'd make one of Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Schroeder and Corrado available to try and land Kane if need be
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau