Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Meds »

The Brown Knight wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:You build your teams at the draft and in the UFA market. During the season if you are struggling, you are fucked. It's a league where you can't re-tool on the fly.
Colorado Avalanche acquired Patrick Roy in 1996 during the season and won the cup that year

Sharks acquired Joe Thornton during the regular season in 2005 and went on to become one of the most consistently successful regular season teams in the NHL.

Oilers acquired Dwayne Roloson at the trade deadline in 2006 and went on a Cinderella cup run.
You forgot a few.....

LA acquires Carter and Richards and a new coach.....one of the fastest runs to the Cup ever. 5-4-5-6.....they lost 4 games all playoffs.

Calgary acquires Kiprusoff, runs to the finals with glass slippers and is suddenly the heavy favorites to win it all for the next couple of seasons.....even though they only had two noteworthy players in Kipper and Iginla, and a decent but slow as shit defender in Regehr.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Thanks HW.

That now reeks of a guy who has given up on making the team and playing the way his coach demands. Let him rehab his game shovelling snow in Dease Lake.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:
You forgot a few.....

LA acquires Carter and Richards and a new coach.....one of the fastest runs to the Cup ever. 5-4-5-6.....they lost 4 games all playoffs.

Calgary acquires Kiprusoff, runs to the finals with glass slippers and is suddenly the heavy favorites to win it all for the next couple of seasons.....even though they only had two noteworthy players in Kipper and Iginla, and a decent but slow as shit defender in Regehr.
Carter and Richards - Those are what we call BOLD MOVES, do you honestly thing Gillis has it in him? The Kings moved some heavy pieces to get them. Your good buddy Gillis is gonna have to remove himself from the Derek Roy, Sami Pahlsson type deals my good friend.

The Flames - LMAO, they never even got within sniffing distance of the Stanley Cup after that run. Kind of like your Vancouver Canucks. Sorry dude, this same core group has shone a disgusting tendency to fold like a cheap tent went pushed back. There is too much chicken shit in that locker room to get past the grit of the elite teams in our conference.

What needs to happen - Gillis needs to get fired. Thats where the AQ's should start.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

$lacker wrote:

Trading Booth as part of a package is only going to diminish the trade value of whatever we are sending over
Post of the year.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

When was it that Chef Boi RD started calling Booth out and all of you's got your panties bunched up because of my calling Booth out.

When was it that Chef Boi RD started calling Ballard out and all of you's got your panties bunched up because of my calling Ballard out.

Kassian is next on my list.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:When was it that Chef Boi RD started calling Booth out and all of you's got your panties bunched up because of my calling Booth out.

When was it that Chef Boi RD started calling Ballard out and all of you's got your panties bunched up because of my calling Ballard out.

I've never seen a Canucks fan enjoy watching Canucks fail as much as you do.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:When was it that Chef Boi RD started calling Booth out and all of you's got your panties bunched up because of my calling Booth out.

Well maybe when you called out other players for not panning out and then they became successful you lost all credibility.

I freely admit that I don't care or know much about so called corporate professional hockey so I don't talk out of my ass like you do.

You, my friend, are like chicken-shit little and think the sky is falling.

YOU DO NO POST ANYTHING WHEN THE CANUCKS WIN OR ON A WINNING STREAK

You typify the Canucks Fan...fickle to the max :D

Do I have to remind you just how much we sucked for so long before we became a challenger, an Elite team or even a playoff contender?

Everything happens in cycles, we are a mid-tier team right now, deal with it as we recharge.
You are not the GM, you are just a fan. Choose to watch or not.

Do us all a favour though, don't act like you know or knew something we don't.

I played 6 games of a ball hockey tourney yesterday. We came in 3rd. I was the leading scorer on our team and captain. I hurt a lot of young punks and had a lot of fun. Drank some good beers afterwards with the other teams.
I may not be a 'hockey guy' but I do know one thing......

You definitely have the smallest dick on here :P
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

About the same time you flip flopped on CoHo and he became your Savior.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Nucks Misconduct summarized the situation.
This Canucks Team Just Isn't Good Enough ... Deal with it, Mike Gillis.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Topper wrote:

Shortly prior to this, Connauton was a Calder candidate.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

RoyalDude wrote:Carter and Richards - Those are what we call BOLD MOVES, do you honestly thing Gillis has it in him? The Kings moved some heavy pieces to get them. Your good buddy Gillis is gonna have to remove himself from the Derek Roy, Sami Pahlsson type deals my good friend.
Say what you will about some of the bad trades he's made, trading Schneider was a BOLD move. The thing about BOLD moves is they normally turn out one of two ways, as your buddy Holmgren is well aware.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

The stopped clock bragging about how all of a sudden everyone agrees with him about the time..
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BurningBeard wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Carter and Richards - Those are what we call BOLD MOVES, do you honestly thing Gillis has it in him? The Kings moved some heavy pieces to get them. Your good buddy Gillis is gonna have to remove himself from the Derek Roy, Sami Pahlsson type deals my good friend.
Say what you will about some of the bad trades he's made, trading Schneider was a BOLD move. The thing about BOLD moves is they normally turn out one of two ways, as your buddy Holmgren is well aware.
Stay within the topic, or are you just a habitual skim reader. Who the fuck is talking about Holmgren? Mëds brought up Carter and Richards to weakly support the argument about trades that benefitted a teams cup run.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dbr wrote:

The stopped clock bragging about how all of a sudden everyone agrees with him about the time..
dbr is devastated seeing the fall from grace of his boi Booth. Vent your frustrations at RD over it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BladesofSteel wrote:
Topper wrote:

Shortly prior to this, Connauton was a Calder candidate.
Connauton let me down