GDT - Nov 22 - Columbus @ VCR - 7:00 SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT - Nov 22 - Columbus @ VCR - 7:00 SNET

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
It's hilarious all the hate for Booth when he's been a more productive player than Burrows for less money.
LMAO
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

$lacker wrote:
Only saw the third tonight but Kassian just really doesn't impress me. I know he scored tonight but he's such a floater out there. When he's engaged he can be a force, otherwise a massive liability.
A lot of folks in denial regarding Kassian, sort of how they were in denial with Ballard and Booth, still holding out hope. The kid is a massive project, has a long way to go, if he ever gets there. I like him, but man he's frustrating. Funny, his shift right after his goal, that um, the BJ's shite goalie should have had, Kassian gave the puck away twice in his own zone. Even Shorty made a snide comment about it. Kassian is a real lazy player, plain and simple, it's kind of sad really cause the tools are there, just not the heart.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

The Brown Knight wrote: P.s.____________Regarding your stance on Burrows - give him some time dude. He just came off a substantial injury. He's getting good scoring chances and he's creating a lot of those chances on his own. His two-way game is still very solid even if his offense isn't there right now. Booth on the other hand, is completely fucking useless right now.
Sure, and the injury thing can be said for Booth also. He's been injured with varying degrees of seriousness for years. No wonder he can't get it going...

In another thread, you were suggesting that the Canucks are another top-6 player away from being a "contender". Well Burrows CAN be that top-6 player, but he certainly hasn't been this season. He's the worst +/- forward on the team at -5. He's being outscored by Dale Weise. At more than 18 minutes per night, Burrows HAS to be better if we want to succeed. FFS sakes we've been critical of Kassian's consistency, and he has more goals than Burrows has points.

Hopefully he can bust the slump vs. Chicago tonight, because we're going to need to give the Sedins some support in that one.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Hopefully he can bust the slump vs. Chicago tonight, because we're going to need to give the Sedins some support in that one.
I'll give you this Isle Knuck.

I was pretty happy with Booth's effort last night against the Kings.

More efforts like that from him and he's good in my book. 8-)
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises