GDT: Nov 19 Thomas @ Luongo's | Fla/Van - 7PM - SNET-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Nov 19 Thomas @ Luongo's | Fla/Van - 7PM - SNET-P

Post by Meds »

BLOW UP THE CORE!!!!!

:lol:

Seriously though, this team is performing like it's experiencing an arrhythmia. I think it's time to hit it with the paddles. That means a major trade. A core player should be shipped out. And the top six needs to be addressed so that they can finally stop thinking it will come together for them.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:BLOW UP THE CORE!!!!!

Seriously though, this team is performing like it's experiencing an arrhythmia. I think it's time to hit it with the paddles. That means a major trade. A core player should be shipped out. And the top six needs to be addressed so that they can finally stop thinking it will come together for them.
That would be Bold
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

This should of happened 3 years ago but it didnt happen then and it will not happen now.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Reefer2 wrote:

This should of happened 3 years ago but it didnt happen then and it will not happen now.
Three years ago..........

You mean in 2010?...........before our cup run?

Give your head a shake Reefer. (unless of course, you are referring to the 2011/2012 season?).

If you are infact, referring to the 2011/2012 season, then you probably are right..........but again, hindsight is 20/20.

At the end of 2011/2012 season, the Canucks were a team that had just won 2 back-to-back Presidents trophies, and lost to an LA Kings team that were absolutely SIZZLING at the time.

Hence, why Gillis gave this core another kick at the can after the lock-out.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

If we're talking a MAJOR trade of sorts however, I'd be open to moving Ryan Kesler and a draft pick for a young potential franchise player.

St. Louis for instance, has a plethora of young defenseman that can potentially be franchise guys (Kevin Shattenkirk).

Kesler had good chemistry with David Backes at the Olympics in 2010 if I recall correctly.

If we're talking rebuild (and for the record, I am NOT), then Kesler would be a good guy to move. Shattenkirk could be a blue chip defenseman.

I have him on my team on NHL 14' for PS3 and he's been terrific for me.

The Dark Indian Rises
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

The Brown Knight wrote: I have him on my team on NHL 14' for PS3 and he's been terrific for me.
See... if you wanna build credibility here, it's probably best not to reference the fact that so-and-so is on a video game and based on your experience with the video game game, we should do X.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Less Canucks embarrassment please.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

mathonwy wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote: I have him on my team on NHL 14' for PS3 and he's been terrific for me.
See... if you wanna build credibility here, it's probably best not to reference the fact that so-and-so is on a video game and based on your experience with the video game game, we should do X.
Lollllllllll.

Thanks for the tip kid.

I'll keep your advice in mind.

:D

The Dark Indian Rises
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Sooooooo ... not tipsy this time?
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

Canucks should have done what the Sharks did. They should have gotten some younger players to play and maybe make a bold move or two (getting Burns, getting rid of Heatley). Even though that's exactly what Mike "The Human sweatshop" Gillis said he was gunna do....
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

The Brown Knight wrote:
mathonwy wrote:
Lollllllllll.

Thanks for the tip kid.

I'll keep your advice in mind.

:D
No problems pops. Time to change your diaper!