Gillis. Who is He?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Gillis. Who is He?

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Arachnid wrote: Am I too negative?
No, you're just fat fuck with massive mammary glands who is a fair-weather Canuck fan who for some reason posts here.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:I agree it is hard to prove. But listen to the reports. They all say Luongo was told by someone in the Florida organization to be patient. I'm just saying if it is true he nixed a deal MG should act and make waves. Let the truth come out.
Are you trying to have Buttman use a castrated Cox to Greek Nick?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Gillis.Who is he?

he is a players agent...not a G.M...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Am I too negative?
No, you're just fat fuck with massive mammary glands who is a fair-weather Canuck fan who for some reason posts here.
:cry:

Butt I am straight right?

:D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gillis is fucked
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:Gillis is fucked

I think you may have missed a thread or two there Dude.
The only HW the Canucks need
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

So the fiasco that was is finally over and it sure seems that Gillis is getting the NDP treatment across the board for his handling of the drama. From media Columnists to armchair pundits alike he's taking the blame for the conditions of the NHL CBA and aparamtly the state of global economics. Though thankfully around here its much more level headed.

Gillis seems to be taking it in the rear over the length of time it's taken to resolve things but really I don't see how he could have handled things differently.

Other than not offering the contract in the first place of course
And maybe firing AV in 2010 before he could start Schneider in game three when he was not the starter and the team was not losing due to goaltending.

(There is a reason that you always stick with your starter and it was luongo's net and team until that point. )

However the die was cast with the cap dodge and it seems it was only a matter if time before buttplug was going to screw over Vancouver and make an example of Gillis and by extension NYI and Tampa for their own cap evasions.

The timing of the CBA And the pressure created by the optics of having Schneider usurp luongo in LA combined to squeeze Gillis into a corner to make sure no other GM was going to ride to the rescue unless Gillis was. Willing to give the farm away.

So what's a poor Irishman to do?

I guess the moral of the story for GMs and owners alike is dont fuck with Gary

Der fuhrer is watching
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Boo..urns :crazy:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What's he doing?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:What's he doing?
Can't remember why I said that..lofl
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Royaldude,

You're the man and everything and as much as I rib you on here, you know there's much man love behind those ribs.

Having said that, I seriously hope you're not this negative in real life.......and that much of what you say on here is trolling for trolling sake.

I don't remember you being this negative on Canuckscentral, or even the rival.com days.

Even in the game day threads, the only time you ever post on there is when the Canucks lose, or are losing.

What gives?

I dunno......
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Knight wrote: Even in the game day threads, the only time you ever post on there is when the Canucks lose, or are losing.

What gives?

I dunno......
RD has devolved into a "drama queen" imesho.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Brown Knight wrote:Royaldude,

You're the man and everything and as much as I rib you on here, you know there's much man love behind those ribs.
There is something Boothian Biblical, genetic, birth defect about that statement that even I can quite grasp. But then the statement came from the jaw bone of an ass.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Strangelove wrote: RD has devolved into a "drama queen" imesho.
It's too bad.

Him and I used to take turns whizzing on Dump's grave waaay back in the day on Calpuck.

##IComeFromALongLineOfSuccessfulLitigators.

RD's troll handle on there, 'Jethro Bodine', was the funniest shit ever. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

by the Dogsalmon » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:41 am

Gillis.Who is he?

he is a players agent...not a G.M...Gillis.

A post on the previous page speaks about the lack of goal production... sooo...here we are, facing the exact same shite. Me thinks that Dogsalmon summed Gillis up last year. I really don't beleive Gillis has the insight about the 'mechanics' of hockey as much as people tend to give him credit for.
cc oldtimer