Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Postby RoyalDude » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:26 pm

Richardson is like the new Ryan Johnson. All looking busy skating hard n stuff but not really accomplishing anything.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby The Brown Knight » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:32 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Richardson is like the new Ryan Johnson. All looking busy skating hard n stuff but not really accomplishing anything.

It's just another example of how Gillis has driven this team into the ground and is simply riding the coattails of Dave Nonis and Brian Burke. The Canucks could have had Wayne Simmonds and Brayden Schenn, but Gillis decided to go after Richardson and David "Bimbo" Booth instead.

:THUMBS DOWN:
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi - NOV 2, 2011 wrote:The questionable pickups right now would be Booth and Baltard; for Booth, it's still early and Ballard has played quite a bit better this year, but their contracts might handcup the team for a long time.

- I meant handcuff* :D

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8821

.... and yet you said "handcup" in what some might call a "Freudian slip"... Todd. :hmmm:

Anyhoo...

Yeah, pretty much everyone knew the Booth trade was a gamble

(so you're no genius).

And obviously said gamble was: Will Booth live up to his contract?

True that if a GM makes this kind of gamble... and loses... he deserves criticism.

As for the Ballard trade... it’s true you were against it from the beginning (I checked).

But then you, like your pal the Dude, are a Grabner-lover from way back

... and thusly took out your frustrations on poor old "Baltard" from the get-go.

Not that there's anything wrong with it. :mex:
____
Big Dog
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby The Brown Knight » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:43 pm

Hey Strangelove,

Do you agree with Canuckscorner.com poster Royaldude that the Canucks should trade for Wayne Simmonds and Brayden Schenn?

Also - piggybacking on what Royaldude is saying, I think Gillis is a sub-par GM that has simple ridden the coattails of Dave Nonis and Brian Burke. I also HATE David Booth.

Fuck David Booth! :mad:

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby JonT21 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:49 pm

The Brown Knight wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Richardson is like the new Ryan Johnson. All looking busy skating hard n stuff but not really accomplishing anything.

It's just another example of how Gillis has driven this team into the ground and is simply riding the coattails of Dave Nonis and Brian Burke. The Canucks could have had Wayne Simmonds and Brayden Schenn, but Gillis decided to go after Richardson and David "Bimbo" Booth instead.

These 2 accounts must be the same guy. I can sense the hidden sadness and cry for help through all of their posts.
JonT21
CC Veteran

Postby Strangelove » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:57 pm

JonT21 wrote:These 2 accounts must be the same guy. I can sense the hidden sadness and cry for help through all of their posts.

At the very least, it's fair to assume they were separated at birth.

Although, I must add that everyone hates David Booth these days.

Even yours truly. :shock:
____
Big Dog
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby The Brown Knight » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:05 pm

JonT21 wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:

These 2 accounts must be the same guy. I can sense the hidden sadness and cry for help through all of their posts.

Royaldude is the best poster on here brah.

I bet if Royaldude was GM of the Canucks, we'd be where the Hawks and Blues are at current.

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Knucklehead » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:26 pm

The Brown Knight wrote:

I bet if Royaldude was GM of the Canucks, we'd be where the Hawks and Blues are at current.

Is that you Robby, please step away from the crack pipe and get yourself some help! Toronto already has one gonge show with the Laffs, they don't need another in the Mayors chair.
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Postby Topper » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:06 am

I have already compared him to Andrew Ebbet
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:09 am

I like Richardson. Overall, he has been pretty good for the 3rd-4th line, hard-working guy, decent defensively, plays PK, popped in some points early on, but bit on the small side though. He did have a bad game vs panthers, standing around on 1st goal and came in late on the 2nd goal. I think he'll bounce back.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:35 am

Strangelove wrote:.... and yet you said "handcup" in what some might call a "Freudian slip"... Todd. :hmmm:

As for the Ballard trade... it’s true you were against it from the beginning (I checked).

But then you, like your pal the Dude, are a Grabner-lover from way back

... and thusly took out your frustrations on poor old "Baltard" from the get-go.

Not that there's anything wrong with it. :mex:

"And Bersnoozi does a Freudian spino-rama around Strangelove, the crowd goes WILD!"

*RAAAWWWRRRR* :lol:

Yup, I always had a bad feeling with the Baltard and Boothy trades, but honestly with the Baltard trade specifically, I didn't like giving up a first pick over giving up Machine Gun Grabner. I had my doubts about Grabner and I thought MayRay would be the better player in the end. Well, Grabner had one monster year so far and MayRay had a serious injury, but really struggled the last couple years, so the Nucks let him walk. I'm glad MayRay is having a nice start in TO, but he has been known to disappear down the stretch. Hopefully, he'll remain healthy and I think he knows if he doesn't play consistently, this could be his last stint in the NHL. That should keep him motivated and hungry to play hard every night.

Anyways, Grabner is having a slow start, but he still has lots of time to turn it around. He seems to be a very streaky guy. The 1st pick turned out to be Quinton Howden and he's looking like a prospect that's far from the NHL right now; kind of like our Nick Jensen unfortunately. The pick turned out to be a bit of a bust (as of now) and Grabner is looking like a good NHLer.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby BurningBeard » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:22 am

Strangelove wrote:Although, I must add that everyone hates David Booth these days.

Even yours truly. :shock:

This is the way I feel about Booth... It's like footprints in the sand. Right now Booth is going through a rough spot, and is being carried.

The unfortunate thing about this is Jesus obviously fucking sucks at hockey. :lol:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Topper » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:26 am

“No one holds me to a higher expectation than myself,” said Booth, who turns 29 on Sunday. “To whom much is given, much is required and that's a biblical principle and one that's always stuck with me. I understand that I've been given much and obviously much is expected. I know that I could be better. I know that I have to score.

Luke 12:48
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby BurningBeard » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:32 am

Hallelujah, brother! Preach on!

I knew we'd get you converted. :D
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby BingoTough » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:54 pm

The Brown Knight wrote:Hey Strangelove,

Do you agree with Canuckscorner.com poster Royaldude that the Canucks should trade for Wayne Simmonds and Brayden Schenn?

We should trade for Crosby too!
I wonder if they'll disallow the whole game because of the distinct ass-kicking motion the Canucks used on the Kings? - Brian CC

Congratulations on the new job dave, try not to fuck it up this time eh? - UKCanuck
BingoTough
CC 2nd Team All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat