Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by ClamRussel »

RoyalDude wrote:
Mr.Miyagi wrote:
ClamRussel wrote: Looks like alot of this season is going to come down to whether Booth can get it together & be that secondary threat we desperately need. Asking Higgins to be a 2nd line winger is too much. If not Kassian, it has to be Booth. Wild card or albatross?
I am still waiting to see Kassian with the twins. I remember reading a quote from Torts saying that is what he wanted to try this season. After his suspension he never got the chance. Lately he has picked up his game IMO so maybe he'll get a shot?
Kassian needs to earn playing time with the Sedins, he certainly hasn't earned that to this point. The kid is at a crossroads with his career, step up to the plate Zack
Perhaps. Sometimes you just need a shot. Did Buffalo wait for Hodgson to earn it when they acquired him? He was immediately slotted between Pominville & Vanek. They gave him every opportunity to succeed. Perhaps they didn't have many other options but there's still something to it. I think back of how Neely was treated here as Tom Watt waited for him to earn it and "step up to the plate". He goes to Boston and is immediately paired with Rick Middleton on the top line. With 5 goals in 7 games to start the season w/ the Sedins last year (and them only assisting on a couple of them) I think he showed alot before being demoted. No doubt that suspension this year railroaded his chances w/ the Twins. If nothing else he's a guy who can protect them and create space. I'd love to see him develop working with them, he's proven he's got the hands to score & is an underrated playmaker. No doubt he needs work but it comes w/ the territory. It also reunites Kesler w/ Burrows who is pretty much the only player he really gels w/ on the team.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Higgins - Kesler - Burrows
Booth - Santorelli - Hansen
Sestito - Richardson - Welsh

It certainly balances things out a bit more.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

SKYO wrote:"Eddie Lack's two-year contract extension has an AAV of $1.15M, $1M in first year, $1.3M in second year."
Nice to see Lack Attack staying with us for a few years. I like him alot, he's big for a goalie and covers alot of the net. I also like his happy go lucky attitude, which I think will serve him well in a high pressure position like goaltending. The only thing I don't like is he seems a bit clumsy at times and flops around a bit, I hope Rollie the Goalie can help him clean it up in the near future.

I hope he'll learn alot under the wings of Lou and hopefully in a couple years, we'll have another goaltending controversy again with 2 top dawgs who are capable of being #1 goalies. Cory Schneids 2.0 :P
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: I hope he'll learn alot under the wings of Lou and hopefully in a couple years, we'll have another goaltending controversy again with 2 top dawgs who are capable of being #1 goalies. Cory Schneids 2.0 :P
Lack is certainly capable. I don't think Luongo will be able to handle another challenge. Schneider stole the starting job, and Lou resigned himself to go back East. Lou wants to win, but it seems he wants to win the easy way... without competition.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Art Vandelay wrote:Crossroads of his career at 22 with 100 NHL games under his belt. :roll:
Well duh. What a bust he should have at least 20 points in 16 games , 75 hits , 60 pim and should have had a dozen fights and won every single one of them .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:Where's okcanuck and his thoughts regarding the standings and where the Canucks are currently placed.

I see the 11th placed Jets are closing in on us.

Don't be so negative RD.
Check the GDT RD or do you need help finding that too.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Saw that ok, thanks.

Big game tonight between two teams battling for 9th placed royalty, a 4 point game, should be a doozy!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:
Topper wrote:........waiting for the inevitable reefer complaint of too much line juggling/players unable to develop chemistry......
and the follow up to that, The Split up the Sedins suggestions.
a) they need line juggling, once you get pass Sedins and Kelser there is no consistent offence so they need to shake it up
b) I have rarely said anything about splitting them up
c) I really don't care how the team does right now, this team is in the middle of the league and may or may not win the cup should they make the playoffs. They could if the team clicks at the right time or they could go out in 4 again.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Today's practice lines:

Sedins-Burrows
Higgins-Santorelli-Kesler
Kassian-Richardson-Hansen
A mix of Sestito-Booth-Welsh-Dalpe-Weise

Not hard to read between those lines.

PS - The Canucks put Weber on waivers today.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

sagebrush wrote:Today's practice lines:

Sedins-Burrows

I'm starting to think David Booth may not score 30 goals for the Canucks this year. :(

...maybe he's not praying hard enough?
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I dont think Booth will score 30 goals in all his seasons combined playing for Vancouver.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

He may be an inexcusable waste of $4 million, but at least Samuelsson isn't out playing him. :D
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BurningBeard wrote:He may be an inexcusable waste of $4 million, but at least Samuelsson isn't out playing him. :D
Which is why letting Samuelsson walk at the end of his contract, instead of trading him for the big useless Jesus boy, bear baiter and his 4.25 million dollar contract which doesn't end til after next season. Tallon has got the last laugh over this one, the only hope for Gillis redeeming himself is that Cole Cassels actually turns into a stud as he was the 3rd pick Florida gave us in that deal.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BurningBeard wrote:
sagebrush wrote:Today's practice lines:

Sedins-Burrows

I'm starting to think David Booth may not score 30 goals for the Canucks this year. :(

Damn are you slow
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

RoyalDude wrote:
BurningBeard wrote: I'm starting to think David Booth may not score 30 goals for the Canucks this year. :(
Damn are you slow
You don't think he's going to get 30 either?!
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

RoyalDude wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:He may be an inexcusable waste of $4 million, but at least Samuelsson isn't out playing him. :D
Which is why letting Samuelsson walk at the end of his contract, instead of trading him for the big useless Jesus boy, bear baiter and his 4.25 million dollar contract which doesn't end til after next season. Tallon has got the last laugh over this one, the only hope for Gillis redeeming himself is that Cole Cassels actually turns into a stud as he was the 3rd pick Florida gave us in that deal.
You didn't think trading Samuelsson (and getting rid of Sturm) for Booth wasn't an upgrade? And a really good shot at getting a 30 goal scorer that had chemistry with Kesler? I'm not talking about right now, I'm talking about Oct 2011, like 10 games into the season.