Muzac For Munsters

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:Songs: Ohia Magnolia Electric just got it's 10 year anniversary re-issue, just picked up my vinyl copy, one of the best albums of the new millennium, well one of my faves. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=malJUMz ... D866F6EFF2

Pitchforkmedia's recent reivew of the re-issue - http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/187 ... =search-ac

Band of Horses covering 'Riding With the Ghosts' in tribute to Jason Molina after his passing last March https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fA92YHx81U
Phucking aging hipSters :evil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

RoyalDude wrote:Songs: Ohia Magnolia Electric just got it's 10 year anniversary re-issue, just picked up my vinyl copy, one of the best albums of the new millennium, well one of my faves. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=malJUMz ... D866F6EFF2

Pitchforkmedia's recent reivew of the re-issue - http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/187 ... =search-ac

Band of Horses covering 'Riding With the Ghosts' in tribute to Jason Molina after his passing last March https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fA92YHx81U
Lol. You got some interesting taste in music Dudester. 8-) To each their own though.

Speaking of Ohio Magnolia Electric however, it's funny that you mention them. An old lesbian friend of mine that did Graduate studies with me and is originally from San Jose, was into that band if I recall correctly.

The reason why I bring her up is because she was actually really hot, but was openly lesbian. However, this one douchebag in our graduate program was unaware that she was a lesbo and kept trying to hit on her. :lol: eventually, he found out, but we all had a good time laughing at him. :D

As far as Ohio Magnolia is concerned, I'm not overly familiar with them (only listened to a few of their songs), but they have a bit of a Black Sabbath vibe to them if I recall correctly. Decent band nonetheless.
Last edited by The Brown Knight on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:Songs: Ohia Magnolia Electric just got it's 10 year anniversary re-issue
Just a s boring as it was 10 years ago I imagine.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I know, I know Topper, it doesn't compare to your favourites like the Starbucks peddled flavours of the day, chick music - Mumford and Sons, lumineers etc ., and their Hey Ho'ing. You're in that nice sounding music area, the sugar coated dad folk pop area with a hint if Celtic folk, sipping your merlot while cooking your fancy dinners thinking your hip oldsters.

Carry on with that and your geology'ing
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

LOL

Lately been getting back to my punk roots, Roxie Music (the 1st disc, when Eno still held sway), T. Rex, NY Dolls, MC5, Stooges, mixed in with X, The Clash, Rev Horton Heat, and The Raconteurs.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

That's not a bad musical pallet to get into, but what about new muzak, what's on the Topper Menu?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Topper wrote:Lately been getting back to my punk roots, Roxie Music (the 1st disc, when Eno still held sway), T. Rex, NY Dolls, MC5, Stooges, mixed in with X, The Clash, Rev Horton Heat, and The Raconteurs.
Very close to my iPod mix I call 'Comfort Food' and includes all of the local classics.

I really don't care that I'm not into the latest and newest bands. I've got 30 years of music to draw from and add about 10 new albums a year - mostly blues. I think the last new band I enjoyed was Alabama Shakes.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:LOL

Lately been getting back to my punk roots, Roxie Music (the 1st disc, when Eno still held sway), T. Rex, NY Dolls, MC5, Stooges, mixed in with X, The Clash, Rev Horton Heat, and The Raconteurs.
A bit before my time but I was there visiting in the Summer to see the likes of Teenage Head...they just screened this http://vimeo.com/72787764 at an indie film house recently and a lot of the burnt out acts featured in it were there meet and greet to talk about when Tyranna had some culture...it's on DVD and well worth it there Big Bopper :wink:

I knew a guy from Coquitlam that was a part of the early 80's punk scene there but then got into a successful New Cuntry carer :eh:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

This years releases, I'm liking the National, Kurt Vile, Son Volt, Junip, Califone, Small Sur, Hiss Golden Messenger, Richard Buckner, Phosphorescent, the deep dark woods, local natives, Neko Case, Night Beds. It's the acoustic old man phase I'm in now, sold all my electric gear and bought two nice acoustics with the dough, ears can't seem to take anything new in the LOUD department. The new Pearl Jam is disappointing, the new Queens of the Stone Age is hit and miss for me, the new My Bloody Valentine is alright. The Pixies put out an awful album this year. Not much going on in that department new wise.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:This years releases, I'm liking the National, Kurt Vile, Son Volt, Junip, Califone, Small Sur, Hiss Golden Messenger, Richard Buckner, Phosphorescent, the deep dark woods, local natives, Neko Case, Night Beds. It's the acoustic old man phase I'm in now, sold all my electric gear and bought two nice acoustics with the dough, ears can't seem to take anything new in the LOUD department. The new Pearl Jam is disappointing, the new Queens of the Stone Age is hit and miss for me, the new My Bloody Valentine is alright. The Pixies put out an awful album this year. Not much going on in that department new wise.
Caught The National last Summer and like the new album waaaay better than the previous one..Great live band! :thumbs:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Really dig'n the Alabama Shakes. You can see the heavy Stones/Blues influence there. Young enough yet has a lot of heart.
Did a lot of listening to the album over the Christmas break and read up on the dynamic duo. Love that they were the High School freaks. Lead singer is a dead ringer for a poster on here....I know because I have seen him wear those exact glasses :lol:

Can't stand BD's Trannie Folk more than once a month. Makes me wanna hide in the bathroom and drink White Russians all night and cry....

I'm writing a script for an original contemporary Rock Opera right now from a local Canadian bands album. Not really a musician but I do have great visual style. As I learned at the recent wicked David Bowie exhibit it is the mastery of collaboration that makes an artist.....an artist...music has certainly influenced my drawing style over the years...well that and beer :drink:

Alt-J is in our CD tray quite a bit too. Talented blokes. We'll see what they come up with next.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: As I learned at the recent wicked David Bowie exhibit it is the mastery of collaboration that makes an artist
Didn't Bowie once say he met his wife while they were "fucking the same bloke"? :hmmm:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote: As I learned at the recent wicked David Bowie exhibit it is the mastery of collaboration that makes an artist
Didn't Bowie once say he met his wife while they were "fucking the same bloke"? :hmmm:
Probably, is that considered a collaborative effort? :eh:

Unfreakingbelievable talent that fag/stud ;)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: Unfreakingbelievable talent that fag/stud ;)
I'll have to take your word on that. :hmmm:

By the way, he's also a great musician.
____
Try to focus on someday.