The next captain of the canucks?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who should be the next Captain of the canucks?

Mattias Ohlund
11%
Ed Jovanoski
57%
Matt Cooke
9%
Trevor Linden
14%
Brendan Morrison
9%

Total votes: 35

Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

In no way should a new player to a team come in and be named captain. It stinks just like when Messier took it from Trevor, it was total bullshit.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Jackskelington
AHL Prospect

Post by Jackskelington »

well, i didn't hear anything about jovo getting charged with sexual assault.

i must have been sleeping.

but anyways, my vote definitely goes to ed. he's dedicated to the team; he stands up for his team mates and plays with a lot of heart and soul.

as well, he is well respected by his team mates, which is important in my books.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

In Messiers defence, he is one of the great captains in hockey, and if anyone could walk into a team and wear a 'C' it would have to be one of the 'Great Captains'.

Unfortunatly, he was taking it away from a great captain to begin with. I think thats why it didn't work out that well.

Did anyone see that 'Great Captains' list from about 5 years ago? I think it was a sports illustrated list.. (not that they are a great source), but it was a good list....

Sakic, Yzerman, Linden, Messier, Gilmour, (Mario was retired at the time of the list, but still mentioned), Gretzky,...

I can't remember the other 3 from the list. ...

can't seem to find an archive of it either.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

How on earth linden could be mentioned with that group of players is anybody's guess. A class guy with a big heart and a solid player, but he isn't in that category of leader.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

I agree that it comes down to Jovo or Ohlund - however, I don't think Jovo couldd handle the responsibility to keep his cool. He is too emotional to be captain, I believe the team is best served to have a captain with a more even disposition(look how well we are doing with Naslund) that can still kick the crap out of someone if he needs to.

Ohlund for captain.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
yammi
CC Veteran

Post by yammi »

Blob ... don't get me wrong ... I still voted for Jovo and I like the idea of having a captain with testosterone to spare!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

yammi wrote:Blob ... don't get me wrong ... I still voted for Jovo and I like the idea of having a captain with testosterone to spare!
Sorry for jumping on you, I guess I misunderstood your post.

cheers 8-)