Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by SKYO »

rats19 wrote:http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=691693
Lack gets 2 years..
"Eddie Lack's two-year contract extension has an AAV of $1.15M, $1M in first year, $1.3M in second year."
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

SKYO wrote:
rats19 wrote:http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=691693
Lack gets 2 years..
"Eddie Lack's two-year contract extension has an AAV of $1.15M, $1M in first year, $1.3M in second year."
I like this, contract could be a steal in the second year if Lack is playing up to his expected potential, hell maybe even in the first year.
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

If Luongo continues his shitty play Lack might be the starter by next season.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Art Vandelay wrote:If Luongo continues his shitty play Lack might be the starter by next season.
looks like we have a scapegoat here. It's been tough searching for one with AV gone. Certainly do not want to put the blame on Art V's boi - Mike Bold Moves Gillis
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Where's okcanuck and his thoughts regarding the standings and where the Canucks are currently placed.

I see the 11th placed Jets are closing in on us.

Don't be so negative RD.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:If Luongo continues his shitty play Lack might be the starter by next season.
looks like we have a scapegoat here. It's been tough searching for one with AV gone. Certainly do not want to put the blame on Art V's boi - Mike Bold Moves Gillis
Gotta agree with the Dude here. We can't score goals, yet we blame the goalie?

Luongo would be fine if any of our players had some finish. He's not a top-10 cap-hit and he shouldn't be expected to carry a team. Gillis' issues are scoring, not goaltending.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Gotta agree with the Dude here. We can't score goals, yet we blame the goalie?

Luongo would be fine if any of our players had some finish. He's not a top-10 cap-hit and he shouldn't be expected to carry a team. Gillis' issues are scoring, not goaltending.
Totally. While he hasn't been spectacular he's far from the problem. No finish, no PP.

Perhaps a PP QB is in order.....we've got a solid D but we're missing a true QB and a true shutdown shotblocking machine like Willie used to be.

Looks like alot of this season is going to come down to whether Booth can get it together & be that secondary threat we desperately need. Asking Higgins to be a 2nd line winger is too much. If not Kassian, it has to be Booth. Wild card or albatross?
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

ClamRussel wrote: Looks like alot of this season is going to come down to whether Booth can get it together & be that secondary threat we desperately need. Asking Higgins to be a 2nd line winger is too much. If not Kassian, it has to be Booth. Wild card or albatross?
I am still waiting to see Kassian with the twins. I remember reading a quote from Torts saying that is what he wanted to try this season. After his suspension he never got the chance. Lately he has picked up his game IMO so maybe he'll get a shot?
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:
ClamRussel wrote: Looks like alot of this season is going to come down to whether Booth can get it together & be that secondary threat we desperately need. Asking Higgins to be a 2nd line winger is too much. If not Kassian, it has to be Booth. Wild card or albatross?
I am still waiting to see Kassian with the twins. I remember reading a quote from Torts saying that is what he wanted to try this season. After his suspension he never got the chance. Lately he has picked up his game IMO so maybe he'll get a shot?
Kassian needs to earn playing time with the Sedins, he certainly hasn't earned that to this point. The kid is at a crossroads with his career, step up to the plate Zack
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Crossroads of his career at 22 with 100 NHL games under his belt. :roll:
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Today's practice lines:
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Kassian
Booth - Santorelli - Hansen
Sestito - Richardson - Welsh

Time to shake things up.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

sagebrush wrote:Today's practice lines:
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Kassian
Booth - Santorelli - Hansen
Sestito - Richardson - Welsh

Time to shake things up.
I wouldn't mess with the Higgins/Santorelli/Burrows line, they are dominating play in the opposition's zone and doing everything but scoring. Once Burrows is back up to speed with his shot and timing I think that line will be huge. I would say to keep rotating Hansen/Kesler with the twins until something sticks.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

........waiting for the inevitable reefer complaint of too much line juggling/players unable to develop chemistry......
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:........waiting for the inevitable reefer complaint of too much line juggling/players unable to develop chemistry......
and the follow up to that, The Split up the Sedins suggestions.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

RoyalDude wrote:
Topper wrote:........waiting for the inevitable reefer complaint of too much line juggling/players unable to develop chemistry......
and the follow up to that, The Split up the Sedins suggestions.
Probably too late in the Sedins career but it would give the team more flexibility..
And right now a little juggling would be welcome :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice