OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote:Interfering with a goaltenders ability to make a save does not need to be a penalty and a disallowed goal. It can simply mean a disallowed goal.

For some reason I ignored my list this morning ...... wow.
Yes, I am aware of this. My question was about the review and how goaltender interference was factored in during the review of a goal.

And yes, Kerry did sum it up. That was me he was replying to.

But thanks Topper.

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything. I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Couldn't agree more. :roll:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:
Topper wrote:Interfering with a goaltenders ability to make a save does not need to be a penalty and a disallowed goal. It can simply mean a disallowed goal.

For some reason I ignored my list this morning ...... wow.
Yes, I am aware of this. My question was about the review and how goaltender interference was factored in during the review of a goal.

And yes, Kerry did sum it up. That was me he was replying to.

But thanks Topper.

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything. I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

Couldn't agree more. :roll:
Just don't be a door mat... :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Kadri seems to have something against Finns! :eh:
First Bäckström, then Granlund. Two flying elbows in the same game.
I think the guy may need a vacation. Let's see if Shanahan agrees.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

herb wrote:So the Kings make us look like an AHL team on Saturday and then lost to the Sabres tonight.... :?

Quick left the game tonight in OT with an apparent injury.

Phoenix won again, but Anaheim lost to Florida! :lol:

Good night for us I guess.
Any word on Quicks injury ? and yes it does give us a bit of breathing room ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote:Kadri seems to have something against Finns! :eh:
First Bäckström, then Granlund. Two flying elbows in the same game.
I think the guy may need a vacation. Let's see if Shanahan agrees.
:D

Well the one on Granlund was a shoulder to the chops (gave Granlund a fat lip at the very least).

He left his feet on that one and was assessed a match penalty.

But the earlier one on Bäckström was a predatory elbow to the head and resulted in injury.

It was clearly the worse of the two.

If Kadri wasn't a Leaf player he'd probably get 1 game for the Granlund and 5 games for the Bäckström.

So yeah, no doubt zero for the Granlund and 2 for the Bäckström.

Like omg Nazem Headhunter Kadri was running amok tonight!

Perhaps it's true what they say about you-know-wots. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Strangelove wrote:Perhaps it's true what they say about you-know-wots. :drink:
Alcoholics? :eh:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Mike Yeo made some comments afterwards that basically add up to "we can't go toe-to-toe with that team so we're not going to try" in response to Kadri running around.

That's all well and good if you're going to make them pay for it on the powerplay but the Wild didn't do that and while they did take the two points it was on the strength of a shootout which isn't much of a moral victory IMO.

It must sting to have some little pissant like Nazem Kadri taking runs at your goaltender, at your skill players, etc - similar to living in fear of Grover Dill.

I don't know, I guess I never thought that you had to be able to answer to some other team's nuclear option in order to put some smarmy kid with a nasty habit of getting his elbows up into his rightful place. Wild fans will recall that Derek Boogaard was in the lineup the night that Mikko Koivu learned a similar lesson...
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

dbr wrote:Mike Yeo made some comments afterwards that basically add up to "we can't go toe-to-toe with that team so we're not going to try" in response to Kadri running around.

That's all well and good if you're going to make them pay for it on the powerplay but the Wild didn't do that and while they did take the two points it was on the strength of a shootout which isn't much of a moral victory IMO.

It must sting to have some little pissant like Nazem Kadri taking runs at your goaltender, at your skill players, etc - similar to living in fear of Grover Dill.

I don't know, I guess I never thought that you had to be able to answer to some other team's nuclear option in order to put some smarmy kid with a nasty habit of getting his elbows up into his rightful place. Wild fans will recall that Derek Boogaard was in the lineup the night that Mikko Koivu learned a similar lesson...
What are they going to do? It wouldn't take a tough guy to jump Kadri. He would turtle, the linesmen would come in, and then you have Orr/Frazer/McLaren looking to do the same to your guys. I would've preferred if Suter landed on Kadri's face with his stick and broke his lower jaw... but once the play is over you're kinda stuck with the results.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Island Nucklehead wrote:What are they going to do? It wouldn't take a tough guy to jump Kadri. He would turtle, the linesmen would come in, and then you have Orr/Frazer/McLaren looking to do the same to your guys. I would've preferred if Suter landed on Kadri's face with his stick and broke his lower jaw... but once the play is over you're kinda stuck with the results.
:sly:

Seriously though, there's got to be a happy medium in between nothing and a falling crosscheck that's probably going to put a guy on the IR for two months and get you a visit at league HQ.

Two hand the guy after the play, maybe a nice traditional cross-check up high that might take a couple of teeth, something along those lines?

That being said I just realized that the Wild are tied for the fourth best powerplay in the league right now so giving that two minute advantage back in exchange for a pound of flesh perhaps isn't the best strategy for them. Maybe my views are changing in light of the fact that I cheer for a team that can't buy a break from Shanaban and boast the league's third worst powerplay...
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Nazem Kadri gets 3 games apparently for that hit on Backstrom.

If he was a Canuck multiply that by 3.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

dbr wrote: Two hand the guy after the play, maybe a nice traditional cross-check up high that might take a couple of teeth, something along those lines?
I think that's what has to happen in plays like that. You know the guy is not going to fight, so you either jump him and hopefully get a few shots in, or be as dirty as you can while the ref is trying to figure out if Backstrom is conscious. Another option is to run their goalie... but against a knuckle-dragging roster like Toronto's that kind of escalation is exactly what they're after.
SKYO wrote:Nazem Kadri gets 3 games apparently for that hit on Backstrom.

Yep. I would suggest that Kadri's hit was a tad more vicious, on a tad more vulnerable player, than Edler's hit. Adding in the match penalty he received later in the game, I think you coulda dinged Kadri for 4 or 5.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
dbr wrote: Two hand the guy after the play, maybe a nice traditional cross-check up high that might take a couple of teeth, something along those lines?
I think that's what has to happen in plays like that. You know the guy is not going to fight, so you either jump him and hopefully get a few shots in, or be as dirty as you can while the ref is trying to figure out if Backstrom is conscious. Another option is to run their goalie... but against a knuckle-dragging roster like Toronto's that kind of escalation is exactly what they're after.
SKYO wrote:Nazem Kadri gets 3 games apparently for that hit on Backstrom.

Yep. I would suggest that Kadri's hit was a tad more vicious, on a tad more vulnerable player, than Edler's hit. Adding in the match penalty he received later in the game, I think you coulda dinged Kadri for 4 or 5.
The Laughs are easily the NHL goon squad with the likes of Phil; 'Hack Job' Kessel, Nazim 'Goalie Killer' Kadri not to mention the real goons on the team...yet no one will label them this because it is the centre of the Ford universe...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: The Laughs are easily the NHL goon squad with the likes of Phil; 'Hack Job' Kessel, Nazim 'Goalie Killer' Kadri not to mention the real goons on the team...yet no one will label them this because it is the centre of the Ford universe...
Oh they definitely have a reputation right about now (all Carlyle teams end up with this rep).

BTW I prefer these nicks:

Phil 'The One Nutted Slasher' Kessel.

Nazem 'The Headhunter' Kadri.

:mrgreen:

And let's not forget Joffrey 'Elbows' Lupul, Carter 'From Behind' Ashton, and David 'Clear The Bench' Clarkson.

REALLY looking forward to my buddy John Scott exploiting this in the back-to-back games this weekend! :mex:

No doubt the Leaves have already been warned, but that won't stop them from their goonery amirite?

Watch ole Johnny ragdoll Phil or fake a concussion or some shite... ya GOTTA love that guy! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

On an even more amusing note, for the next three games I guess the leaves can debate whether Jay McClement or Jerred Smithson is their second line center..
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Like OMG Ehrhoff makes a save with Miller down & out in the last minute

.... and then scores into the empty Leaf net. :thumbs:

Along the way, my boy Johnny Scott accidentally-on-purpose smacks Ranger with his elbow on a follow-through.

Some Leaf fans were complaining about Foligno running Bernier over on his perfectly good goal. :roll:

A lot of them are whining lately about Reimer getting concussed by Gionta 2 years ago with no suspension.

Meanwhile Kadri cools his heels (and elbows).

Anyway, always a great game when the Leaves lose, haters gotta hate... :mex:

In the rematch tomorrow Leaf fans will be screaming for blood.

Should be a few suspensions... and hopefully another Sabres win. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.