GDT: Canucks @ Kings - 19:00PST HNiC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Kings - 19:00PST HNiC

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:That King was Martinez, he seen Sestito coming in like a freight train so he fell down instead of getting smashed lol.
So Nolan fights him.....

Nolan is a pussy for fighting with a visor. Should be a penalty for that.

In other news, RD almost got his wish about Brown.

Fucking horseshit call. Brown tries to dive out of the hit and so Hamhuis gets called for clipping? WTF.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

one bad game who cares, just get out of the game without an injury and get ready for tomorrow.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

My wife, being a part-time hockey fan, sometimes comes up with perceptive comment. Today's gem: "Is Kassian playing today?".
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Mëds wrote:
I can't believe that MacLean is just sitting there and letting him pump Vancouver's tires.
Probably because Healy sounded like a crazy person.

Friedman - "I think LA is the one team that Vancouver just doesn't match up well against."

Healy -"I COULDNT DISAGREE MORE BECAUSE YOU MADE ME LOOK BAD LAST MONTH. THE CANUCKS HAVE DRAFTED MORE PLAYERS FROM THE OHL IN RECENT YEARS SO THEY MATCH UP GREAT AGAINST THE KINGS.

Rest of the panel - "......."
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Fucking horseshit call. Brown tries to dive out of the hit and so Hamhuis gets called for clipping? WTF?
I was pretty indignant about that call, too. Are they trying to take hip checks out of the game ?
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Way too many Canuck players vanished when the going got tough. Not the sign of a mentally tough team.

Lets hope fatigue explains some of it.

Anaheim may provide some answers.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

We played like the leaves last Saturday. Let's hope it is the bad game of the month. Next.
The only HW the Canucks need
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I liked the game against the Sharks better.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

Quick's play early in the game was reminisent of Thomas in the SCF.

MEH treatment for the Sedins in the third and deservedly so. Daniel was the goat on two goals, Hank one goal and their cycle game had descended to that of the backhanded ways of the WCE. While part of the pine slivers in their butts may be attributed to the score/rest for a back to back/nagging aches and pains, the truth is, they were loosing puck battles and outside of the opening minutes, not effective.

If Torts was resting the twins for the second of back to back, then he had thrown in the towel .... not what I want from a coach.

In a physical game played along the boards, Zach Kassian did his best Mason Raymond. I have mentioned before he needs to balance his finesse game with his physical game.

Should Hamuis be suspended for I-N-T-E-N-T to injure?

The good was watching the fourth line battle through to the final whistle.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The game was a reminder that this is still the same ole AV bunch that when counter punched by a Sutter Hit Parade Hockey in games that matter we fold like a cheap tent. Torts magic this year will only do so much, we still need a bigger element of playoff hockey grit presence on the ice so when we get counter punched by the Kings after our opening 10 minutes of pressure on Quick we won't wimp out. You could just see the team deflate from the Kings push back, until we solve that we will not go far in the playoffs. That is our achilles heel. Zack Kassian, these are the games where a player of your potential needs to rise to the occasion on. If only Sestito had your talent, or you had Sestito's ability to counter a counter punch.

We could have used Hansen and Weise last night, but this team could use some more Torres, Cookes, Clutterbuck, Kaleta types. The players everybody loves to hate.

Anyhow, everyone carry on with your elation of our typical successful regular season Presidents Trophy hockey play, there is still the ugly presence with this group of a -throw-in-the-towel, give up, cowardliness when pushed back hard that has surfaced the last two 1st round playoff knockouts.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

Steady Now! The way we overreact to a win or a loss in this forum is just brutal, lets be even-tempered for once.

No wonder our fan base has a bad rep.....
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Use of the term cowardess is an exaggeraction. Concern about playoff grit isn't.

The Canucks need more sand to stand up to physical teams like LA in a playoff series. The roster changes from last year aren't enough, the guys that remain have to battle harder. A lot harder.

In the coming months, we'll see what Torts can get out of them.

Qualifying for the playoffs is another matter.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Hockey Widow wrote:We played like the leaves last Saturday. Let's hope it is the bad game of the month. Next.
I thought the exact same thing.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

JonT21 wrote:Steady Now! The way we overreact to a win or a loss in this forum is just brutal, lets be even-tempered for once.

Relax...I have my doubts with this group come the playoffs, not the mean nothing season. I believe those feelings are legitimate. This group has issues with teams who get in their faces. Trust me, Santorelli, Richardson and Stanton won't change that. I fully expect this team to have another wonderful regular season, however I'm not convinced that we won't see what we saw last night come the playoffs. Something wrong with that?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:
JonT21 wrote:Steady Now! The way we overreact to a win or a loss in this forum is just brutal, lets be even-tempered for once.

Relax...I have my doubts with this group come the playoffs, not the mean nothing season. I believe those feelings are legitimate. This group has issues with teams who get in their faces. Trust me, Santorelli, Richardson and Stanton won't change that. I fully expect this team to have another wonderful regular season, however I'm not convinced that we won't see what we saw last night come the playoffs. Something wrong with that?

I agree Dude. The first line folded like a pup tent last night. Same old, same old, as far as a team built with playoff grit. Making the playoffs is one thing but having to beat, in all probability, two of LA, SJS, Ducks, is a tall order. All three know how to play us to shut us down. In a one off game we have a chance each night but in a 7 game series we don't stack up right now. With SJS they were without Burns, the type of forward that kills us. If he is healthy and in the playoffs a SJS team we would meat would be more like the team we faced the first two games, not the last one.

I also agree they will in all probability have an acceptable regular season. Still not sure if now is the time for a make over, a make over that would cost us a top 4 on the back end, to upgrade up front.
The only HW the Canucks need