Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Trades and rumours 2013-14

Post by BigTuna »

Art Vandelay wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Vader wrote: Getzlaf was pointless 14 times in 44 games
Hall 15 times in 45 games
Kessel 17 times
Datsyuk 20 times
Kunitz 15 times
Ribeiro 18 times

All these guys scored in the same range as Giroux. Do you not like any of these guys as well?

If you're going to throw out a statistic to support a premise, at least research it first :hmmm:
I don't like Ribeiro. Wouldn't want him on my team at all for any money.

Kunitz is nothing without Crosby. He's a second line winger at best if not playing with one of the top 5 centers in the league.

Datsyuk surprised me on that list. But he is so good defensively that you can overlook a poor season. His 18 points in 17 games make for a nice bounce back don't ya think?

Not a fan of Kessel. He's a good goal scorer, but yes, I do think he's a bit streaky at times. Everyone slumps, but he seems to hit dry spells a bit too often for a guy who is getting $8M.

Getzlaf is an enigma for me. At times I think he's overrated, and other times in think he's truly underrated. But I do think that Getzlaf is another guy who puts up his points in bunches at times.

I've said the same about the Sedins in the past too.

Regardless, all of those guys, well not Ribeiro, are having bounce back years so far.

Giroux is on a shit team right now, but on paper that team isn't as shitty as they are on the ice.....just look st their roster. I didn't expect the Flyers to be world beaters this year, but did anyone think they would be in the cellar with a 4-10-1 record and a -20 goal differential? I'm not hanging this all on Giroux, but he's got the worst plus/minus on the team, and is scoring at almost a 3rd line pace. He's not leading his team, Lecavalier has the same number of points while playing 4 fewer games.
You gain no credibility with posts like this. I would be willing to debate things with you but you need to get a grip on reality. Almost every player in the NHL is streaky and scores in bunches.

Kessel isn't "Streaky" at all. When he isn't scoring, he's getting a lot of assists. He was 5th in the NHL in assists. He's not just a goal scorer.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Hey BT . Welcome back. We thought we'd never see you again after the shit-kicking you took last week, but I suppose the "dominating win" against that powerhouse team New Jersey made you feel better.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

okcanuck wrote:Hey BT . Welcome back. We thought we'd never see you again after the shit-kicking you took last week, but I suppose the "dominating win" against that powerhouse team New Jersey made you feel better.
i dont understand his presence...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

rats19 wrote:
okcanuck wrote:Hey BT . Welcome back. We thought we'd never see you again after the shit-kicking you took last week, but I suppose the "dominating win" against that powerhouse team New Jersey made you feel better.
Not much to understand, some people just have this natural ability to make us feel better about ourselves just by being around!

:mrgreen:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Aaronp18 wrote:
rats19 wrote:
Not much to understand, some people just have this natural ability to make us feel better about ourselves just by being around!

:mrgreen:
Hire the handicapped.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So far Santorelli hasn't really shown any warts. That's the scary part.
The only HW the Canucks need
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

The Farm (i.e. Shinkaruk, Horvat, Gaunce) + David Booth for Claude Giroux.

Would you do it?

Would Philly do it?

Wouuld it be to Vancouver's favor if a deal like this happened?

After watching these last few games, I can't help but wonder as to how the Canucks would have faired had they had more finish up front.

Think Giroux would have given us that extra finish?.......with Kesler on his RW?
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

Stamkos got his leg amputated today so the bolts need a good proven winger.

Booth for drouin?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Brown Knight wrote:The Farm (i.e. Shinkaruk, Horvat, Gaunce) + David Booth for Claude Giroux.
Robbie Williams and Eric Lindros
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
RyanGinger
CC Veteran

Post by RyanGinger »

JonT21 wrote:Stamkos got his leg amputated today so the bolts need a good proven winger.

Booth for drouin?
I wish, but there's no way Tampa would do that.
22-33-17
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RyanGinger wrote:
JonT21 wrote:Stamkos got his leg amputated today so the bolts need a good proven winger.

Booth for drouin?
Indeed. I'd imagine their first response to hearing someone suggest that would be "you must be joking."
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

With Salo also out with injury, it will be worth seeing how the team fares without them. They're tops in the Eastern Conference as of now, so Yzerman has a bit of breathing room to see if anyone can step up - even if they can't replace what Stamkos brings. If it gets ugly, though, it will be worth it to see how much he sweats.

I still think Florida is more fertile ground for Gillis to trade. Friedmann says Matthias is apparently available, but it would be worth seeing if Gillis can pry someone with more offensive pop. Tallon is still talking all stoic-like and tough, but you have to figure he is getting serious pressure from ownership. Friedmann says that the only assets he wants to trade are the assets no other GM wants due to contract size and length. Nice to see Tallon getting it up the ass like that after his antics over Luongo. I can only hope the same eventually happens to No-Nuts.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

dbr wrote:
RyanGinger wrote:

Booth for drouin?
Indeed. I'd imagine their first response to hearing someone suggest that would be "you must be joking."
I don't know DBR, Booth has that experience and has actually scored in the NHL, they could use that instead of an unproven rookie, he could be a bust after all.
like zomg they be dumb to not accept booth4drouin.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

I don't know DBR, Booth has that experience and has actually scored in the NHL, they could use that instead of an unproven rookie, he could be a bust after all.
like zomg they be dumb to not accept booth4drouin
He did score 30 goals once, I mean how many players can do that! He must be good.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

haha on a more serious note b mack solidifies Florida's all sale mode, everyones available except:
Barkov, Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Gudbranson, Goc.

http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?collection=72&show=131466
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.