GDT: Canucks @ Kings - 19:00PST HNiC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

GDT: Canucks @ Kings - 19:00PST HNiC

Post by Meds »

Another test for the Canucks tonight. I don't think as stiff as the Sharks or Ducks, as the Kings are currently sitting in 9th, but a test nonetheless.

I'm actually loving this new alignment for the league. Our division is so full of good rivalries. I know it helps to build rivalries when you have a top team that others use as a measuring stick, but this is great.

Flames and Oilers are rivals just because of long term history and fellow Canadian teams.

Kings, Sharks, and Ducks, are all becoming great rivalry games because of recent playoff history. I don't mind the Ducks, but the Kings and Sharks I just love to hate.

The Yotes are the odd team out. Who gives a shit about a hockey team from Phoenix that can't even get 8000 fans to a game on a long weekend.

But back to tonight. It's the Kings tonight. I'd love to light them up.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Kings - 19:00PST HNiC

Post by sagebrush »

Notable Differences between the Teams

5 on 5 GF/GA: LA (0.80); Canucks(1.19)
PP%: LA(22.6): Canucks(10.3)
hits: LA(510): Canucks(333)
Blocked shots: LA(182); Canucks(259)

This would be a good time to get the PP going.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Every game is a fucking playoff game, can't believe with our record we are only 4 points from being out of a playoff spot. What a lopside, West vs East. If Dallas, Nashville and Los Angeles were in the East they'd be in a playoff spot. Los Angeles is the 9th placed team, this is a big game for them. I expect them to be on tonight.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

sagebrush wrote:Notable Differences between the Teams

5 on 5 GF/GA: LA (0.80); Canucks(1.19)
PP%: LA(22.6): Canucks(10.3)
hits: LA(510): Canucks(333)
Blocked shots: LA(182); Canucks(259)

This would be a good time to get the PP going.
PK: Kings 80.6% : Canucks 88.5%

I don't put any stock in the hits stats this year. Ever since Torts said that he thinks a team that can take hits and keep playing and fight through to stay on the puck is tougher to play against than a team that flies out and hits everything that moves but doesn't really control the play. Look at our game against San Jose, the hits were pretty even, but I don't recall ever feeling like the Canucks were getting dominated physically.

The leaves out-hit us 28-8. We beat them 4-0 and made them look like shit. I actually think that was a key difference in the game, Toronto has gone out and played a Carlyle brand of hockey this year, and in the East that has paid off in spades, but we just shrugged it off and soldiered on. They spent themselves and couldn't adjust when their gameplan wasn't having an effect on ours.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Brad Richardson should score a coupla goals for this game. 8-)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Mëds wrote: ...
The leaves out-hit us 28-8. We beat them 4-0 and made them look like shit. I actually think that was a key difference in the game, Toronto has gone out and played a Carlyle brand of hockey this year, and in the East that has paid off in spades, but we just shrugged it off and soldiered on. They spent themselves and couldn't adjust when their gameplan wasn't having an effect on ours.
LA is big & fast, have played positionally sound, they lean on you, & have been tough to play against. Some of the reasons (along with J.Quick) they got the cup. The hitting shouldn't be as significant in a single game (as play off series), but it's something to watch out for.

TO has knuckle draggers, & likes to hit, but their big boys don't seem to be as fast as LA. TO also makes a lot of positional mistakes that leave their goalie out to dry. LA makes you earn it.

I'd love to see the Canuck forecheck (& fast puck movement) expose LA, but expect a tough test.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Only a glass-half-empty guy like RD can only see us 4 pts ahead of 9th place. Dude we are only 3 pts behind 1st place. Should be a good game. 4-3 canucks in OT
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

okcanuck wrote:Only a glass-half-empty guy like RD can only see us 4 pts ahead of 9th place. Dude we are only 3 pts behind 1st place. Should be a good game. 4-3 canucks in OT
Glass isn't half empty Mr. Positive Feel Good Vibes, merely pointing out how stacked the West is . The W.C. playoff race is going to go right down to the wire. It's not a long drop from first place to 9th place in the west my good friend. I don't expect that to change all season.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Glass is in the Booth
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Apparently Dank is a game time decision with some sort of injury. He didn't partake in practice yesterday and left the game day skate this morning early.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

herb wrote:Apparently Dank is a game time decision with some sort of injury. He didn't partake in practice yesterday and left the game day skate this morning early.
Yup he's playing. :)

" ‏@patersonjeff: @Team1040 is reporting #Canucks Daniel Sedin will take warm-up and is expected to play tonight despite missing practice yesterday"
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

okcanuck wrote:Only a glass-half-empty guy like RD can only see us 4 pts ahead of 9th place. Dude we are only 3 pts behind 1st place. Should be a good game. 4-3 canucks in OT
Dude is correct... LA is not in a playoff position but has 2 games in hand .. Makes for good rivalries and good hockey. There are very few soft teams in the west.. I expect another excellent game ( thanks for sending me links guys :) )
Great way to spand a sunday morning - enjoying this season immensely.. and very surprised how well the Canucks are playing .. forecast a tight game .. 3-2 Canucks..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Opinions.....should that have been a penalty for the trip on Sestito?

I'm torn. But think it would've been called against us.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Couple of late hits on the twins already, this should be a good game :drink:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Mëds wrote:Opinions.....should that have been a penalty for the trip on Sestito?

I'm torn. But think it would've been called against us.
Refs answered for me based on the penalty to Burrows.