From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by The Brown Knight »

Reefer2 wrote:Remember all the yakking they did when the Canucks had Vancouver written on the front of the jersey.

So hypocritical.

And yes, I remember it.......very fucking well.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
JNF
CC Rookie

Post by JNF »

Wow this flamer actually wrote this :mrgreen:

Hey Berra, you are new to the team and I am guessing you might read these forums. I know if I was in your shoes I probably would.

We are a pretty negative lot here; it's just the nature of this community, ignore it. But if you are feeling down about your play, don't. You did everything that could have been expected of you and perhaps more. There isn't a single ounce of that loss that can be laid at your feet.

In summary, the score was harsh, damning for a goaltenders stats. For that though the team and (more importantly) the coaching staff owe you an apology. Don't let it hurt your confidence in the slightest, as I saw a damned good goalie in net tonight, one that I see as the future of our team. A team that truly let you down tonight, not the other way around.

Yes all NHL goalies read Calpuck for advice. :look:
JNF
CC Rookie

Post by JNF »

From a Wild fan after beating the Flames. Oh it's on CALPUCK.

Last, there seems to be a sub-set of you guys who become concerned about players' confidence being "shattered" after x-many games where the team doesn't win. And this penchant bothers another subset of you. To those whom it bothers, I would suggest - and I am absolutely not trying to troll you guys, I think (hope) I've established my respect for you as a fan base, and the Flames as a team throughout my tenure here - that's transference of their own shaky confidence about the team, nothing more. Maybe that helps you not be as bothered when your brethren exhibit this behavior. Behaviour. Whatever. Whateveur.

WTF :D
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A bingo gem from the Smid thread
So I checked. In the last 2 years there have been about 500 posts with the word Smid in it. That includes a bunch today. I don't know what portion of those posts were negative or positive.

Today alone we've had 1,248 different people on the site.

So even if you assume all 500 posts about Ladisav Smid were negative and that there are only 1,248 different CP posters (that number is probably 20 times) then no - MOST of CP has not always said Smid was terrible.
LOL
Maybe I should of worded it differently for you then. Anytime Smid was talked about on CP most people would say how terrible he was. Does this make you feel better?
Someone needs to tell Bountiful Patrick White and Daniel Rahimi got Vancouver Ehrhoff and Lukowich's salary when the Sharks needed cap space
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Good trade for the Flames. They didn't give up much for a decent D man with a decent contract for another 2 years after this season. I don't have any expectations for this team, their start, and even their current play is better than I expected. I'm still hoping for a top draft pick, but it doesn't look like it will be a No. 1 over all pick. Oh well, at least they are fun to watch. They are playing the Avs right now - I'm expecting them to lose, but hopefully they will give the Avs a run for their money.

BTW - the new Flames Uni's are awful. I liked the horse head much better :look:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Bottom line is the Flames did get better.

The Oilers, well, are still the Oilers.

First the fact they are a cap team is hilarious. Second, freeing up cap space to sign a goaltender who adds another clown to the circus is even more hilarious.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Well, Calgary got the better of that one. Gotta love it when one GM takes advantage of another's personal hate-on for his own player.

As a Canucks fan, it is darn fun to watch Edmonton these days.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

tantalum wrote: First the fact they are a cap team is hilarious. Second, freeing up cap space to sign a goaltender who adds another clown to the circus is even more hilarious.
Agreed. Bryzgalov is a career .913 and 2.55. Dubnyk is a career .911 and 2.84. Not much difference stats-wise.

Last year, the Flyers gave up 28.6 shots per game. This year the Oilers are giving up 30.2 per game. I really don't see how Bryzgalov will be any more successful than he was in Philly. Then again, there is absolutely no pressure on him. He only has to be better than the .878 and 3.80 Dubnyk is putting up.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

tantalum wrote:...Second, freeing up cap space to sign a goaltender who adds another clown to the circus is even more hilarious.
Humongous big signing, just like universe.

It all makes sense when you think about it. Gillis looks for players with good character. The Oiler brain trust looks for characters.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Yakupov and a first and they could have had CS.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

tantalum wrote:Bottom line is the Flames did get better.
By adding a reasonable, slow, physical stay at home defender that would be a 5-6 guy on a contender but will play top four on the Flames.

Sad.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Well sure. Smid ain't anything to get excited about but he can be a serviceable #4 guy. The Oilers need more than serviceable but getting rid of serviceable just for the sake of freeing up cap space to spend another $3 mil on your 4th goaltending solution of the year is simply dumb.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Topper wrote:
tantalum wrote:Bottom line is the Flames did get better.
By adding a reasonable, slow, physical stay at home defender that would be a 5-6 guy on a contender but will play top four on the Flames.

Sad.
Well the Flames aren't a contender - they are rebuilding. They got a decent D man for spare parts. Nothing sad about that. What is sad is that the Oiler, who really need D, have to get rid of one of their better D men to make room for a goalie that has seen better days in the NHL. It's a huge gamble on the Oilers part as they are at a point where they need to show some results of rebuilding. Briz might be ok, but what if he plays like he did in in Philly. Anyway, it really isn't a huge deal. The Flames just add some depth to thier D at minimal cost.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

tantalum wrote:First the fact they are a cap team is hilarious. Second, freeing up cap space to sign a goaltender who adds another clown to the circus is even more hilarious.
But they aren't really a "cap team". So how much are they paying Mr. Universe if they have to trade Smid in order to sign him? They should've had around $4 mil cap space before they traded Smid away.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Good trade for Calgary. They get a decent 4/5 d man who will have more value at the deadline. They gave up a couple scrubs for a legit player. Maybe they move Giordano or Wideman at the deadline and get back a nice young player back. Gives the team options to help in the rebuild.