OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by herb »

Hockey Widow wrote:It's all part of the process.
LOL

Our guys just need to play the game the right way. *sucks on mint* We've been putting in some real good efforts against some real good teams.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Topper wrote:
Benjo wrote:I'll just leave this here

Hodgson is still trying to get back in the defensive zone.

and HW

LOL
Wait..........is that pic real or a photoshop? :shock:

If it's not the latter, then holy fuck. These guys might be worse than the 1998/1999 Canucks.......and that's saying something! :lol:
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Oh it's real...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It worked, they beat the Sharks. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

So basically, San Jose is going to be really fucking pissed off tonight for losing to those hacks.

WONDERFUL NEWS!........... :|
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

dbr wrote:For the folks chalking up the Rangers early season performance to their huge downgrade behind the bench, don't look now but that team has won 5 of 7 (10 goals allowed over that stretch) and beat up on the Penguins 5-1 last night.
Yeah looks like the coaching change has been good for both teams .. I am enjoying the Torts show.. and AV is a good match for the Rags..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Hockey Widow wrote:It worked, they beat the Sharks. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Not really, the Sharks (Hertl) scored on this genius defensive performance. :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

So right now Hodgson has 7 ES points in 17 games. Kassian has 4 ES points in 13 games. Hodgson gets 3 more minutes of ES time a game and gets the best talent the Sabres have to offer, Kassian gets Richardson. If Kassian can keep up how he's playing the last 7-10 days I think the trade evaluation in many peoples eyes may change.

also of note those 7 ES points for Hodgson would put him behind 6 canucks and tied with 3 others. Doesn't seem to be a savior of the second line right now. The other lost savior of the second line has one point in his last 10 games and was recently benched by the Islanders bench boss.

Speaking of Richardson...5th goal last night. LaPierre managed to score his first against the Flamers.
Last edited by tantalum on Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

double post
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

tantalum wrote:So right now Hodgson has 7 ES points in 17 games. Kassian has 4 ES points in 13 games. Hodgson gets 3 more minutes of ES time a game and gets the best talent the Sabres have to offer, Kassian gets Richardson. If Kassian can keep up how he's playing the last 7-10 days I think the trade evaluation in many peoples eyes may change.

also of note those 7 ES points for Hodgson would put him behind 6 canucks and tied with 3 others. Doesn't seem to be a savior of the second line right now. The other lost savior of the second line has one point in his last 10 games and was recently benched by the Islanders bench boss.

Speaking of Richardson...5th goal last night. LaPierre managed to score his first against the Flamers.

Points are only part of the story. Hodgson's two way game is what makes him weak.

When the score is within a goal and the opposition isn't taking their foot off the gas pedal and cruising to victory, Hodgson has been on the ice for 4 goals for and 12 against. Buffalo takes only 36% of the shots with Hodgson on the ice and the score close.

In the same situation, Kassian has been on he ice for 6 for/4 against and the team has taken 54% of the shots.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

No doubt Larry. I was really just putting down on this board what I was saying on another in response to a post which was basically "13 points vs 4!". When you strip away the points from the situation Kassian hasn't played (PP), the numbers aren't far off from each other. In fact I think ES points per 60 are about the same. When you tack on what you mentioned, the lack of physicality from Hodgson etc you can start to see how the impression many have on that trade may change.

But of course Kassian has to keep it up.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

tantalum wrote:So right now Hodgson has 7 ES points in 17 games. Kassian has 4 ES points in 13 games. Hodgson gets 3 more minutes of ES time a game and gets the best talent the Sabres have to offer, Kassian gets Richardson. If Kassian can keep up how he's playing the last 7-10 days I think the trade evaluation in many peoples eyes may change.
I think most logical people knew that it isn't fair to evaluate that trade until some time passes and we see what each player becomes.

I'd like to add that Hodgson and his $4.25 cap hit likely would have meant some of our depth players who are playing big roles right now wouldn't be around.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

tantalum wrote:I think the trade evaluation in many peoples eyes may change.
Not mine.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I'm a Hodgson and Kassian fan.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:
tantalum wrote:I think the trade evaluation in many peoples eyes may change.
Not mine.
Speaking of being right the first time, you still holding back the Axeman on Booth? I'm trying to be patient but thats a lot of money to be parked in the trainers office or down in Utica's trainers office...