Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

RyanGinger
CC Veteran

Re: Trades and rumours 2013-14

Post by RyanGinger »

SKYO wrote:Or would you guys do the unthinkable/up-the-stakes and blockbuster this bitch ... Edler for Kane!
:shock:
I like Edler, lets keep him. Tanev could be traded with Stanton performing great, but he and some other additions won't fetch Kane.
I know how good of a Dman he is, and how important he is to van, but I think if we trade the guy I'm talking about and others, Kane could be a Canuck...
--
To Van - Kane
To Wpg - Booth, Hansen, Jensen, a 1st, Conditional 3rd (if Kane scores 25+ goals), and Hamhuis.
*If Booth can't pick up his game a decent bit, I doubt the deal goes through. There's already not that big of a chance it does even if his game improves - Kanes a young pure goal scorer.
*We retain 25% of Booth's salary to make it cap compliant.
--
Also if we could add Turris or Johannson for 2C, that'd be real nice, but idk if we have the assets for Turris after the Kane Trade...
--
To Van - Johansson
To Wsh - Schroeder, Weise, Dalpe, Welsh, Alberts, a 2nd, and a 2nd in 2015.
--
If this goes through, our Top 6 will be nice, but we're pretty much screwed on draft day. Trade Sestito for a 5th.
*--Final Lineup--* (capgeek.com)
:D FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($7.000m) / Henrik Sedin ($7.000m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m)
Evander Kane ($5.250m) / Marcus Johansson ($2.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)
Hunter Shinkaruk ($1.138m) / Mike Santorelli ($1.150m) / Chris Higgins ($2.500m)
Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Bo Horvat ($1.775m) / Zack Kassian ($0.901m)
:) DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Jason Garrison ($4.600m)
Ryan Stanton ($0.550m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Yannick Weber ($0.610m) / Chris Tanev ($1.500m)
Frank Corrado ($0.599m) /
:D GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Eddie Lack ($0.900m)
--
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (1.652% of upper limit)
David Booth ($1.063m—25.0%)
--
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,118,278; BONUSES: $1,070,833
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): :mrgreen: $1,252,556 -> Plenty of room for another depth signing or two.
>>note: the final lineup is for 2014-15
>>if you guys think so, I guess we could trade Edler instead of Hamhuis
>>Please reply/leave feedback
22-33-17
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

You're a smart RyanGinger. Smart man! 8-)
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RyanGinger wrote:
SKYO wrote:Or would you guys do the unthinkable/up-the-stakes and blockbuster this bitch ... Edler for Kane!
I like Edler, lets keep him. Tanev could be traded with Stanton performing great, but he and some other additions won't fetch Kane.
I know how good of a Dman he is, and how important he is to van, but I think if we trade the guy I'm talking about and others, Kane could be a Canuck...
--
To Van - Kane
To Wpg - Booth, Hansen, Jensen, a 1st, Conditional 3rd (if Kane scores 25+ goals), and Hamhuis.
*If Booth can't pick up his game a decent bit, I doubt the deal goes through. There's already not that big of a chance it does even if his game improves - Kanes a young pure goal scorer.
--
Also if we could add Turris or Johannson for 2C, that'd be real nice, but idk if we have the assets for Turris after the Kane Trade...
--
To Van - Johansson

--
If this goes through, our Top 6 will be nice, but we're pretty much screwed on draft day. Trade Sestito for a 5th.
Evander Kane ($5.250m) / Marcus Johansson ($2.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)
Hunter Shinkaruk ($1.138m) / Mike Santorelli ($1.150m) / Chris Higgins ($2.500m)
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Eddie Lack ($0.900m)
--
--
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): :mrgreen: $1,252,556 -> Plenty of room for another depth signing or two.
You play too much NHL 13...
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

RyanGinger wrote:

--
To Van - Kane

Tell me, are you off your Mëds again? Take out Hamhuis, Hansen or Jensen and retain 0% of Booths cap hit and I'd think of it. Hell I'd even through in a truckload of bibles to keek Boothy warm and happy in Winterpeg.--

--
To Van - Johansson

Basically Schroeder, two 2nds and 4 contract spots for Johansson, I might go for this but I would rather keep one of Weise or Welsh and make one of the seconds a third with our choice on years.
--
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Eddie Lack ($0.900m)
--
--
If neither Winterpeg or the Washouts like my counters they can go pound sand.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

maybe kane is a great natural scorer.. but his rep as a douchebag is growing too..
Not sure how much of this is bs..
but he might be a problem child ?
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu ... 10484.html
other than that RyanGinger I would hate to see our D corp weakened and losing draft picks plus prospects means we got to win it in the next couple years ?
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

RyanGinger wrote: >>Please reply/leave feedback
Great first post. :mex:

Only thing you overlooked was convincing the CHL to change it's rules about releasing junior players to their NHL teams mid season
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Jovocop wrote:Tanev for Matthias? That would also open up a roster spot for Corrado. :mrgreen:
I'd do that! Still would like to trade Booth!

I have come to the conclusion after years of research (meaning a few youtube videos) that Matthias should be the one MG should acquire as he can play wing and center. C/W is the key with added size (to help deal with bigger teams like SJ), as that would give the Canucks crucial depth down the middle when/if injuries occur.

Somehow some way, with the thinking that nothing is impossible! Booth has to be dealt so we can trade for Matthias so he can be added to our 3rd line, that or just trade Tanev for Matthias where we would have superb forward depth all of a sudden.

But anyways if it's Booth traded and Matthias is added, this allows a lot of flexibility in the lineup and numerous center backup plans.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

As an aside, this team's 4th line will be much improved once Schroeder, Jensen, and Hansen come back will it not?

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Higgins-Santorelli-Burrows
Archibald-Richardson-Kassian
Hansen-Schroeder-Jensen

Why spoil a good thing?

The team right now is going strong, and the only thing that we really need an upgrade on is our 4th line right now.

Why not just automatically make Hansen-Schroeder-Jensen our 4th line?

The Dark Indian Rises
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So with internet rumours around, probably started by Eklund, that both Giroux and Eberle could be shopped, I say we go hard to land one of them. Both Edmonton and the Flyers covet, need, defence and goaltending. Flyers need a full injection of life and someone to score.

For us to land either we would have to sacrifice a lot and shed salary. Obviously trading with Edmonton, within the division, is always tricky.

Really sucks that teams like Edmonton, Philadelphia and the Panthers didn't see what everyone else saw with respect to their goaltending, last summer. What could have been. But that was then and this is now, what would you to to,land either Giroux or Eberle?

I have always loved Eberle. To me he is a complete player. Giroux on the other hand has shown, briefly, that he can carry a team. Either would cost us a Bieksa or Edler type. I would do Edler straight up for either, only because I think he would be more attractive to either team age wise.
The only HW the Canucks need
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Hockey Widow wrote:So with internet rumours around, probably started by Eklund, that both Giroux and Eberle could be shopped, I say we go hard to land one of them. Both Edmonton and the Flyers covet, need, defence and goaltending. Flyers need a full injection of life and someone to score.

For us to land either we would have to sacrifice a lot and shed salary. Obviously trading with Edmonton, within the division, is always tricky.

Really sucks that teams like Edmonton, Philadelphia and the Panthers didn't see what everyone else saw with respect to their goaltending, last summer. What could have been. But that was then and this is now, what would you to to,land either Giroux or Eberle?

I have always loved Eberle. To me he is a complete player. Giroux on the other hand has shown, briefly, that he can carry a team. Either would cost us a Bieksa or Edler type. I would do Edler straight up for either, only because I think he would be more attractive to either team age wise.
I wouldn't risk moving a defender unless we're getting one in return.

And yes - this is quite ironic since when I first arrived here as The Brown Knight, I flirted with the idea of moving a Top 4 defenseman for a Top 6 Forward. However - based on the studies that I conducted (see: $64,000,000 thread), I no longer am a proponent of that idea.

I like where we are as an organization right now.

Keep everything as is.

Wait for the cap to go up. Buy out Booth at some point. See if Shinkaruk and Horvat can become impact players with their ELC's, while the twins, Kesler, and Lou play at their current levels. That right there is key.

Outside of that - I don't see much of a reason to do anything at this point.

Moving a defenseman and/or prospects for an expensive impact player in return is not worth the risk in my opinion. And yes - this might be the first time in history where I'm actually a proponent of NOT making any changes right now.

The Dark Indian Rises
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: I have always loved Eberle. To me he is a complete player. Giroux on the other hand has shown, briefly, that he can carry a team. Either would cost us a Bieksa or Edler type. I would do Edler straight up for either, only because I think he would be more attractive to either team age wise.
I think either would cost you a lot more... I think Edler, Horvat/Shink, Draft pick. The cost for Giroux would be huge, and given the Schnieds-Edmonton trade rumours at the draft I think the cost for Eberle is higher for Vancouver than the rest of the league.

Rumours are floating about that Eberle could be going to the Flyers for a package consisting of B.Schenn/Couturier and a Simmonds/Coburn type.

IMO, the Oilers won't deal with us, and we don't have the pieces to send for Giroux. I think the Flyers would want Kesler+ in any Giroux deal.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:So with internet rumours around, probably started by Eklund, that both Giroux and Eberle could be shopped, I say we go hard to land one of them. Both Edmonton and the Flyers covet, need, defence and goaltending. Flyers need a full injection of life and someone to score.

I wouldn't risk moving a defender unless we're getting one in return.
Gotta agree with ya BK about losing a defender.....

But.....

First off I don't like Giroux. He's too streaky. Carried the Flyers, but has dropped off considerably over the last while.....this year he is doing nothing. I do, however, think that Eberle is the way to go, and if Edmonton is shopping one of their kids I can't believe they are that stupid to shop JE over the other three.

If the Oilers would take Edler, Jensen, and a pick (not a first) ink exchange for Eberle, and IF the Sabers would give us Ehrhoff for Booth and something, then I pull the trigger.

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler-Eberle-Burrows-Kassian-Higgins-Hansen-Santorelli.

That is a top 9 that would have most coaches, GMs, and fans, alike, creaming themselves. It's totally interchangeable. You have 3 top line playmakers, 2 more that can fill in, several scorers, some size, grit, strength, speed, defensive smarts, and loads of talent that is distributed over a good balance of age and experience. And with Torts as the coach who often only rides 9 horses down the stretch, the 4th line is irrelevant, but if you can build it around a guy like Richardson, that only leads me to think it wouldn't be a disaster.

On the back end.....

Ehrhoff-Garrison-Hamhuis-Tanev-Bieksa-Stanton-Corrado

Can't complain about that.

Draft a defender in the first round who has some size and strength and likes to hit.

That would be worth it.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

At this point, I'd hate to make our defense, which is a significant strength, into a weakness. They're playing so well right now. Why mess with it?

Besides, we already have too many small-ish ( :lol: ) centres. Why would we want another?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: I have always loved Eberle. To me he is a complete player. Giroux on the other hand has shown, briefly, that he can carry a team. Either would cost us a Bieksa or Edler type. I would do Edler straight up for either, only because I think he would be more attractive to either team age wise.
I think either would cost you a lot more... I think Edler, Horvat/Shink, Draft pick. The cost for Giroux would be huge, and given the Schnieds-Edmonton trade rumours at the draft I think the cost for Eberle is higher for Vancouver than the rest of the league.

Rumours are floating about that Eberle could be going to the Flyers for a package consisting of B.Schenn/Couturier and a Simmonds/Coburn type.

IMO, the Oilers won't deal with us, and we don't have the pieces to send for Giroux. I think the Flyers would want Kesler+ in any Giroux deal.
You are, in all likelihood, right with that. But I think any package that the Oilers take in exchange for Eberle will see a top goaltender or defenseman going back the other way. Edmonton's problem right now is that they can't keep pucks out of their own net. I'd offer them Edler and Lack in a package for Eberle. Eddie isn't ready, but he looks promising. We have a cushion to get a goaltender to replace Lou is a few years. Offering them a top pairing (according to some) defenseman in Edler, and a legitimate top prospect between the pipes, would certainly get a discussion going.

Couturier and Schenn aren't what Edmonton needs right now. More youth that tops out as 2nd/3rd line talent? They have some sandpaper in their bottom 6 already.....and personally I think Couturier is overrated by many.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

herb wrote:At this point, I'd hate to make our defense, which is a significant strength, into a weakness. They're playing so well right now. Why mess with it?

Besides, we already have too many small-ish ( :lol: ) centres. Why would we want another?
Who's talking about a center?