Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours 2013-14

Post by Aaronp18 »

Evander Kane is a fucking beast.

If Gillis can get him out of Winnipeg he should make every effort to do so.

IIRC there were rumours of him wanting out of that organization a while ago. I think a change of scenery would be great for him. Especially into an organization like the Canucks!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote:Colour me silly but any of deals mentioned here for Kane I would do.
Coloured.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Art Vandelay wrote:You guys want Kane it will cost Tanev, Kassian, 1st rounder and Booth(salary dump) minimum. Not worth it imho. Kid is a fucking gear box.
I'd sacrifice my grandma's left nut if Kane was available for the deal you just posted.

That deal would EASILY be in Vancouver's favor and I'd be pretty shocked if Winnipeg would actually go for that.

I doubt they would.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

We already have Archibald...can a hockey team handle two black dudes? I think the universe might implode in on itself with two black guys on one hockey team...
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

herb wrote:We already have Archibald...can a hockey team handle two black dudes? I think the universe might implode in on itself with two black guys on one hockey team...
The universe wont but a few rednecks might.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Reefer2 wrote:The universe wont but a few rednecks might.
:D

Honestly though, I'd love to get our hands on Kane, but a 22 year hard nosed old goal scorer is probably about as close to untouchable for the Jets as it can get.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

herb wrote:We already have Archibald...can a hockey team handle two black dudes? I think the universe might implode in on itself with two black guys on one hockey team...
During Kevin Lowe's "experimental" phase a few years back, didn't he have like 3-5 African Canadians on his team?

Not that it really matters. The whole point is in improving one's team.

The Dark Indian Rises
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Booth + Horvat > Win

Kane > Van
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Remember the old joke with a book of paper matches with two burnt match heads - Edmonton Oilers team photo in the Grunt Fehr/Pokey Reddick era.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

BladesofSteel wrote:Booth + Horvat > Win

Kane > Van
Even with Evander Kane, I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with the idea of trading Shinkaruk or Horvat. They are untouchables in my opinion.......although in all fairness, Sheldon Kennedy was an untouchable once upon a time as well. :!:

Horvat and Shinkaruk are almost guaranteed to be impact players at some point in my opinion. The question however, is if they can become impact players while still on entry level contracts.........while the twins, Kes, and Lou are still playing at their current levels. If such a situation were to occur, our chances of winning a Stanley Cup would be as good as it was between 2010-2012.

The Dark Indian Rises
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Or would you guys do the unthinkable/up-the-stakes and blockbuster this bitch ... Edler for Kane!
:shock:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

SKYO wrote:Or would you guys do the unthinkable/up-the-stakes and blockbuster this bitch ... Edler for Kane!
Negatory.

Losing Edler and not replacing him with an equal calibre D man would be too much of a hit for our defense to absorb.

Edler, Burrows, and a 1st for Kane and Byfuglien. (since we're in fantasy land. :P)

The Dark Indian Rises
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

SKYO wrote:Or would you guys do the unthinkable/up-the-stakes and blockbuster this bitch ... Edler for Kane!
Yup, if not for Edler's NTC and high salary. With Enstrom, Bogo, Buff and rookie Trouba, I'm not sure Chevy is looking to beef up his D. Particularly if he's sacrificing his top offensive asset without a top six returning.

It's too early to say Hunter and Bo will be sure-fire pros, but I can see why its easy to get excited. To acquire an existing top six - potential franchise sniper - there's got to be a significant piece going back.

Dealing one of the top prospects for a player of Kane's caliber is a no-brainer, particularly with this clubs prospect pool. None of Van's kids should be untouchable.
givemeda411
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by givemeda411 »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Negatory.

Losing Edler and not replacing him with an equal calibre D man would be too much of a hit for our defense to absorb.

Edler, Burrows, and a 1st for Kane and Byfuglien. (since we're in fantasy land. :P)
Wonder how Luongo would feel?

Human eclipse

Rhinoceros hips

Who will laugh last when I slash your calf?

Bring peace

Make it cease

Get your big ass out of my crease.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Knight wrote: During Kevin Lowe's "experimental" phase a few years back, didn't he have like 3-5 African Canadians on his team?
Yes, the only reason I remember this is... my old buddy GM posted some very interesting pics in that regard. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.