OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by Hockey Widow »

Jovocop wrote:
Zedlee wrote: Shocking...one of Ken Holland's rare mistakes.
Speaking of mistakes by GM, Tallon should be top of the class. He could have Luongo for pretty much free last summer...
Panthers GM Dale Tallon: 'there will be changes'

Following Florida's 4-3 overtime loss on Tuesday night at the hands of the moribund Edmonton Oilers, Panthers management had a late night meeting to discuss the state of the team.

The state of the team, by the way, is "bad" as the Panthers have a 3-8-4 record on the season, a handful of underachieving veterans, and an ugly -22 goal differential.

"There will be changes," Panthers General Manager Dale Tallon told the Miami Herald. "I don't make rash decisions. None of us are happy. I have to fix this and I will. We're better than this."

Tallon is expected to be a seller on the trade market between now and the NHL trade deadline in early April.
Until their ownership situation was resolved I don't think they could have brought Luongo in. I think it is clear that he is not available at this point and if he were it would cost a lot more than what he could have been snagged for in the summer. Hopefully Luongo will be fine here for the next 2-3 years at a minimum and by then we have developed a starter. At that point Florida should still be looking :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I'll just leave this here

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

FUCKING CHICAGO FANS!!!

:lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Benjo wrote:I'll just leave this here

Tell me you photoshopped this like a pro.

LMAO @ the Sabers.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

LOL @ Buffalo defeating San Jose.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Strangelove wrote:FUCKING CHICAGO FANS!!!
Good on Pardy for keeping his cool, some players would have gone apeshit, especially after having a beer poured on their head.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Mëds wrote:

Tell me you photoshopped this like a pro.

LMAO @ the Sabers.
I spent 4 hours on the netting :mrgreen:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

The Buffalo "defensive strategy" is for real... they call it the "Hanson Formation". :lol:

(Just checked it out on NHL Game Center.)
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

BurningBeard wrote:
Strangelove wrote:FUCKING CHICAGO FANS!!!
Good on Pardy for keeping his cool, some players would have gone apeshit, especially after having a beer poured on their head.
That was hilarious. That guy was so wasted lol. What's up with the chick pouring the beer though? Kind of killed the moment IMO. Drunk guy on his own was plenty of entertainment.

I agree completely on the Pardy thing, pretty classy all things considered. Handled it like a champ.

What I didn't like about the play was the dog pile in the corner by Peluso and company after the hit. Clearly, the two players involved were trying to protect the fans and then everyone piled in. Not cool but I get it, emotions, etc.

Still ... nothing beats the helmet guy. :lol:
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

For the folks chalking up the Rangers early season performance to their huge downgrade behind the bench, don't look now but that team has won 5 of 7 (10 goals allowed over that stretch) and beat up on the Penguins 5-1 last night.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

dbr wrote:For the folks chalking up the Rangers early season performance to their huge downgrade behind the bench, don't look now but that team has won 5 of 7 (10 goals allowed over that stretch) and beat up on the Penguins 5-1 last night.
They also started the season on the road for 7 games and had a lot of key guys injured. AV has them on a roll now.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Zedlee wrote:
dbr wrote:For the folks chalking up the Rangers early season performance to their huge downgrade behind the bench, don't look now but that team has won 5 of 7 (10 goals allowed over that stretch) and beat up on the Penguins 5-1 last night.
They also started the season on the road for 7 games and had a lot of key guys injured. AV has them on a roll now.
It's all part of the process.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hodgson is still trying to get back in the defensive zone.

and HW

LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:... nothing beats the helmet guy. :lol:
Behind the helmet:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/chi-chica ... 2166.photo
Kevin Mize

Kevin Mize is the Dealer Principal and President of O'Hare Honda and O'Hare Hyundai, located in Des Plaines, Illinois.

For the past nine years, Kevin Mize has served as a director on the board of the Chicago Automobile Trade Association (CATA). CATA is the nation's oldest and largest metropolitan dealer organizations. Having just completed a year as chairman of the CATA, he is currently chairman of the Chicago Auto Show and the "First Look for Charity," the black-tie preview of the show. Since its inception in 1992, the Chicago Auto Show's benevolent event has raised $30 million for numerous Chicago area charities (including 18 charities for 2011) and the causes they serve.

With over twenty years experience in the automobile industry, Kevin began his automotive career early. During his high school and college years he advanced his skills by spending quality time working in every department at Ridge Motors Pontiac. This invaluable experience not only enhanced his business perspective from an employee and management point-of-view, but also from a customer's point of view. As his business prospered, Mr. Mize expanded his property, creating a brand new facility now known as O'Hare Honda. In less than a year, O'Hare Honda achieved the #1 status in customer satisfaction of all Chicagoland Honda dealers. Today O'Hare Honda is one of the top volume dealerships in the United States.
Would you buy a car from this man? :hmmm:

____
Try to focus on someday.