GDT: Nov 2: leaves @ Canucks - 4pm PT - CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: Nov 2: leaves @ Canucks - 4pm PT - CBC

Post by Larry Goodenough »

As stated earlier this week,the Leaves have been getting outshot this season at the same rate as Buffalo.

I'll give them their goaltending appears solid, but there always comes a time when the luck runs out and a team that is badly and consistently out shot starts to get results that match their very shitty game.

Exhibit one tonight.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Tough news that Bolland could miss up to 40 games depending upon surgery and Re-hab. I do hate when any player suffers such a serious injury. But with Bolland you know he has always had that bad luck and injury problems. Tough break for him but somehow predictable. Although I really did think it would be another concussion. Wonder what Nonis does now about trying to get another centre in the line up.

But on a happier note, it's the leaves!
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Tough news that Bolland could miss up to 40 games depending upon surgery and Re-hab. I do hate when any player suffers such a serious injury. But with Bolland you know he has always had that bad luck and injury problems. Tough break for him but somehow predictable. Although I really did think it would be another concussion. Wonder what Nonis does now about trying to get another centre in the line up.

Maybe cause that happened to a central figure in the "center of the universe" the NHL might look at mandatory kevlar socks.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

After celebrating, it's worth noting a few things about the game. Things that stood out.

The Higgins/Santorelli/Burrows line gets better each game. Burrows doesn't have points yet, but he's still getting up to speed. A good sign. Support for the big line.

The Hamhuis/Tanev pair looked solid. Hamhuis' shaky days seem to be behind him.

Kassian improved at walking the line between power forward & intimidator.

As for the Laughs ..... their collapse will be entertaining.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

SKYO wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Tough news that Bolland could miss up to 40 games depending upon surgery and Re-hab. I do hate when any player suffers such a serious injury. But with Bolland you know he has always had that bad luck and injury problems. Tough break for him but somehow predictable. Although I really did think it would be another concussion. Wonder what Nonis does now about trying to get another centre in the line up.

Maybe cause that happened to a central figure in the "center of the universe" the NHL might look at mandatory kevlar socks.
He was wearing Kevlar socks apparently... Not a guarantee you won't get cut.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I've also heard that he cut was on or near the ankle, not the back of the leg or calf area. The ankle area is not protected by the Kevlar socks. Just a real fluke injury for sure. I'm not upset he got hurt but I do feel badly for any player that suffers a serious injury like that.

Good for Kassian defending himself after the game and good for Nonis coming out and stating that he had no question that is was accidental and not a dirty play.

But enough gloating, we only beat the leaves. We have a huge test the next four games and will have a better idea of what this yeR's team is really all about after those games.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Toronto Maple leaves player Lupul going for the concussion elbow like hit on Hank, psycho hit his own player lol.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It would have been sweet justice if Kadri had been knocked out and had to lose time from a concussion. I wonder if Shanny would have reviewed the tap and suspended Lupal?
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

What does nonis do? Well in typical Nonis fashion he signed a bad center to a bad contract, he traded his center ice depth to his buddy Burke's new team and let another center walk to the KHL.... so I'm guessing he sends his next 6 second round picks for a pending UFA center.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

I did not see this game but watched all the highlights. I kept rerunning the Kass hit on Bolland. Talk about Karmic justice for all the bullshit the little weasel has thrown out about the Nucks over the years. Fuck him and the skates he rode in on. Brought a smile to my face over and over to see him on a stretcher. I remember all the crap he handed out and the dirty hits on ours. Looks good on him.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

And it all happened on national TV.

I wonder if the TO player who waved the white towel will be fined?
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

SKYO wrote:Toronto Maple leaves player Lupul going for the concussion elbow like hit on Hank, psycho hit his own player lol.

I only listened on radio..but that was pure intent to injure and I am sure won't be looked at. What a piece if shit..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Not gonna lie folks.

I'm really glad that Bolland suffered what appears to be a serious injury.

My only regret is that his career wasn't ended.

Based on what we saw from the above video with Lopul, I hope the same thing happens to him.

Actually, scratch that. I hope he gets a *mod edit* in his head. Lopul is almost in the same category as Brad Marchand, Duncan Keith, and Kelly Sutherland as far as I'm concerned.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

For someone who has suffered a hand full of concussions throughout his career himself, one would think Lupul knows better than to pull a stunt like that.

This play should be reviewed, and Lupul better receive a warning from the league.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

BladesofSteel wrote:For someone who has suffered a hand full of concussions throughout his career himself, one would think Lupul knows better than to pull a stunt like that.

This play should be reviewed, and Lupul better receive a warning from the league.
If a Canuck had attempted to do what Lopul just did, it would be a 25+ game suspension.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises