GDT Wings at Canucks

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

JNF
CC Rookie

GDT Wings at Canucks

Post by JNF »

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showt ... ?t=1527013

I thought I would paste this because it looked so good. Okay onto the good guys. We win this one easily :D

5-2 Nucks and Kass beats up Bert.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT Wings at Canucks

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Yep, the 0 & 4 Wings meet the 4 & 0 'Nucks.

Let's just hope that we have no more injuries for the next few weeks..... :?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

sacrilege!

The infamous puck possession game vs the wings, these are kinda dull games but good talent all around!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

So Kassian gets off balance throwing a hit that a guy truss to dodge and fails to control his stick. Shanahan states it was an accident but suspends Kas for 8 games (3 preseason and 5 regular) because a player has to be in control of his stick at all times. Zetterberg gets checked, loses control of his stick and almost cleaves Hamhuis' face in two.

I wonder if this will get any attention from the media. I know Shannahan will ignore it.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Got em just where we want em.

Down one going into the third...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Strangelove wrote:Got em just where we want em.

Down one going into the third...
Gotta love the zebras... A missed call on Zetterberg's high stick on Hamhuis and a bullshit call on the last minute of the third... :roll:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Haven't seen the game yet but it sounds like it was as weak as this thread . This team is ok as contructed but they really need another high end forward to compete with the big boys. Time to pull a hat out of a rabbit Eye Bags
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Haven't seen the game yet but it sounds like it was as weak as this thread . This team is ok as contructed but they really need another high end forward to compete with the big boys. Time to pull a hat out of a rabbit Eye Bags
lol yup these Redwing games haven't been all that great the past couple of years.

Once again the bulk of this offense was carried by the titan twins.

Tanev needs to man up and block that shot.

powerplay needs a shakeup.

Torts needs to separate the twins sporadically to help spread out the offense.

If only MG was a bit more aggressive and not live with the status quo forever, he'd try to get some secondary scoring help.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote: If only MG was a bit more aggressive and not live with the status quo forever, he'd try to get some secondary scoring help.
Good point but then who would we give up to get someone?

This team has had problems with scoring for several years, especially in the playoffs and nothing has been done to fix that problem.

The game was boring, man is Detroit ever dirty with their sticks and that missed call was horrible, how can the Zebras not see it?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

What a complete horribly shit game that was to stay up late and watch.

They better bring their fuck'n A(sshole) game on Saturday. I got lotsa bets with those Tarranna fucktards :evil:

Bert was rag dolling us at whim...I miss having that goon on our team.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Jesus this game was boring. Actually drove me to pull out the laptop and get some work done! It was like watching the Wild vs Columbus or reading this thread.

Kassian looked terrible.

Try as they might, Santorelli and Richardson are going to struggle against the better teams. Still, they were headed in the right direction in most instances.

This team is missing something for sure. It's too bad one of Jensen, Gaunce, Shinkaruk or Horvat isn't ready to make an impact as this team could really use an injection of youth and skill without having to blow more futures to try and get it.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Reefer2 wrote:
SKYO wrote: If only MG was a bit more aggressive and not live with the status quo forever, he'd try to get some secondary scoring help.
Good point but then who would we give up to get someone?

This team has had problems with scoring for several years, especially in the playoffs and nothing has been done to fix that problem.

The game was boring, man is Detroit ever dirty with their sticks and that missed call was horrible, how can the Zebras not see it?
MG did try to fix the problems by getting a former one time 30-goal scorer, Booth, from the Panthers. If not for Porter's knee, the Canucks might have solved part of their scoring problems. Injury after injury really hurt Booth's game. With the lower salary cap, MG pretty much had no options at all besides adding some depth and hoping that they could make the difference. So far, I would say Santorelli and Richardson have done a very good job. With 3 regulars (2 top-nine and 1 bottom-six) out, the Canucks has done an exceptional job going 5-1-1 in a 7 games road trip. For one thing, I would love to see Booth back just to replace Sestito... :mrgreen:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Very listless game. Only the top three were going with consistency. One bad goal by Luongo on a shot that 9-10 times this year Tanev blocks, but for some reason did not. But Luongo made some great saves to keep the score close.

Luongo matches his career best win record for the month of Oct. not bad for a washed up goalie who doesn't want to be here :roll: :mrgreen:

Park this one and move on. If we have the same effort Saturday the leaves will own us.
The only HW the Canucks need
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Mëds wrote:So Kassian gets off balance throwing a hit that a guy truss to dodge and fails to control his stick. Shanahan states it was an accident but suspends Kas for 8 games (3 preseason and 5 regular) because a player has to be in control of his stick at all times. Zetterberg gets checked, loses control of his stick and almost cleaves Hamhuis' face in two.

I wonder if this will get any attention from the media. I know Shannahan will ignore it.
There is zero fairness or justice in the NHL w/ discipline. Total joke, Shanahan is the punchline.
Also consider the suspension Hansen got for jumping up to play the puck w/ his hand. Suspended.
Didn't Edler have to be in control of his "angle" when delivering a bodycheck? Suspended.
If this was a just league the ref who was standing right there staring at Zetterberg's errant stick to Hamhuis' face should be suspended as well. In fact, I believe that is more suspension-worthy than the actual foul. Canucks were up by 1 at the time and a 4 min PP could be a game-changer even for this team. I don't really think HZ's play *should* be suspendible however the league has cracked down on far less this year. Do you have to be in control of your stick or no? Is the face not part of the head? Was it not a blow to the head? Kassian got the book for not being in control of his stick....8 games and cost him his opportunity w/ the Sedins. Should Zetterberg's splitting open off Dan's face not warrant 1 or 2? At least the NHL is consistent w/ their inconsistency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce4m2To7Yz8
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I'm guessing the dude who just knocked out Selanne's teeth isn't getting suspended either?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!