GDT Oct 28 Washington @ Vancouver | 7:00 PT | SN1

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT Oct 28 Washington @ Vancouver | 7:00 PT | SN1

Post by sagebrush »

mathonwy wrote:
Mëds wrote: I thought Edler had a good game last night, I'm noticing a bit more physical play out of him.....and not crushing hits, but hard checks in the corners (someone else pointed that out, so I watched for it).

Hamhuis had his best game in weeks, maybe all season.
Really?

I thought Edler was quite shitty actually. Gave up the puck a few times on the hard forecheck. Yes he was a bit physical but the physicality shown doesn't make up for his continued inability to handle the hard forecheck like Hamhuis and Bieksa can.
Edler is his own worst enemy.

He'll have some solid shifts, then make a mistake, & (some games) go for a shit for an entire period. Torts & Sullivan were talking to Edler on the bench after one of his mistakes, in the first period. Possibly trying to settle him down. It's like Edler thinks too much when he's out there, & loses confidence.

If Torts & company could get Edler not to rattle when something goes wrong, & instead, just go back to basics, he still has the potential to be a star. A feat not so easy to accomplish - as we've seen the last few years.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

sagebrush wrote:
mathonwy wrote:
Mëds wrote: I thought Edler had a good game last night, I'm noticing a bit more physical play out of him.....and not crushing hits, but hard checks in the corners (someone else pointed that out, so I watched for it).

Hamhuis had his best game in weeks, maybe all season.
Really?

I thought Edler was quite shitty actually. Gave up the puck a few times on the hard forecheck. Yes he was a bit physical but the physicality shown doesn't make up for his continued inability to handle the hard forecheck like Hamhuis and Bieksa can.
Edler is his own worst enemy.

He'll have some solid shifts, then make a mistake, & (some games) go for a shit for an entire period. Torts & Sullivan were talking to Edler on the bench after one of his mistakes, in the first period. Possibly trying to settle him down. It's like Edler thinks too much when he's out there, & loses confidence.

If Torts & company could get Edler not to rattle when something goes wrong, & instead, just go back to basics, he still has the potential to be a star. A feat not so easy to accomplish - as we've seen the last few years.
Paging Sami Salo... come in Salo.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

mathonwy wrote:
Paging Sami Salo... come in Salo.
The mentor is gone. He stopped playing moneypuck.

We need the coach to fill that role.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Loved Torts comments about Kassian's game "He's good at times. He's crappy at times" I like Zack, but the kid has a long, long, long way to go...if he ever gets there.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Me.

Once again.

In the StLouis GDT.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Jovocop wrote:Sestito is the only problem. He is pretty much ineffective out there and has been a liability at times. When everyone is healthy, I would rather have Archibald on the fourth line than him.
Among regular players, Tom Sestito has the WORST CORSI IN THE LEAGUE :crazy:
http://www.extraskater.com/players/on-i ... =8&sit=5v5
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

With a 9-4-1 record, there should not be any major problems. The team could be better with Archibald replacing Sestito. At the very least, Archibald is faster and smarter... BTW, Sestito is big but not that tough... He reminds me of Momesso...[/quote]
You gotta be kidding. Momesso was a way better player and could score now and then. Also he was a tough kid who could fight
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

damonberryman wrote: You gotta be kidding. Momesso was a way better player and could score now and then. Also he was a tough kid who could fight
I am straightly talking about their looks and fighting skill. Momesso was definitely a better player than Sestito.

Momesso could fight but he was not an enforcer. He did not have answer the bell as much as Sestito needs to. The only reason why Sestito still has a job is because of his size. Otherwise, he sucks in every aspect, includes fighting.