Royaldude is the "Sidney Crosby" of Canuckscorner.com

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

In your opinion, is Royaldude the best poster on Canuckscorner.com?

Yes
27%
No
73%

Total votes: 15

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

This post will probably come across as "ass-kissing", and I hope it's not taken that way (although I wouldn't blame anyone if it does), but I think this needs to be said: Royaldude is the best poster on these forums........by far.

I would even go as far as saying that he's the best poster that this site has ever had, and that the forums are quite lucky to have him.

While it's true that Royaldude is overly critical of Mike Gillis and the Canucks a lot of the time, and does tend to be quite repetitive, the truth of the matter is that he makes a lot of extremely valid points......and that his criticism is backed up with extremely valid points.

Furthermore, I think Royaldude deserves a lot of respect for being the one man that is willing to speak his mind and speak his perception of the truth.........even if it's at the risk of going against the grain.

A lot of people criticise Royaldude for slagging on the Canucks too much, but I think what really goes unnoticed is that he gives praise where praise is necessary (i.e. Gillis' "bold" move on draft day in trading for Horvat). The dude has also constantly praised the twins, and a few other players that have been deserving of praise.

For all these reasons, I think Royaldude is the best poster on here. It's no coicidence that most conversations on here revolve around him, and that he often finds himself at the center of focus. I for one, am extremely grateful for his presence on here.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Royaldude is the "Sidney Crosby" of Canuckscorner.com

Post by rats19 »

I voted yes... the definition of "best" didnt really suit my needs...but whatevs :mex:
I have long since said his abrasive caustic hatred and dislike for certain things...brings much controversy and discussion. I do also realize this has a level of disdain for some. That is why I cannot give the word best my support.

Most controversial...annoying....fodder maker...opinionated....are all better choices for me.

So if you were to say "best at creating controversy" that kind of statement ...then yah for sure.

even bingotough's response is generated by Royaldude...through the knight..but it does create verbage...a message board has to have verbage...no verbage..no board.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

I don't know if you're serious or joking.

If the former then :eh:? I'm not going to discuss whether I like/don't like his posts. I don't think he's the best poster, others are more deserving based upon the content of their contributions.

If the latter and you're sarcastically calling him out in a dedicated post, that's just lame. I might not like what he writes, but this is a community and he should be allowed to participate without outright bullying.

I think explicitly rating posters is distasteful and highly subjective. People contribute when they want and how they want. That they're here at all is generally good and keeps this site interesting. For everybody but the trolls, I'm happy to have people add to the character of the site so I can lurk and add my 2c every few weeks.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

BingoTough wrote:I don't know if you're serious or joking.

If the former then :eh:? I'm not going to discuss whether I like/don't like his posts. I don't think he's the best poster, others are more deserving based upon the content of their contributions.
I am being 100% serious with my post (although I can see why you would suspect otherwise).

I'm not sure if I am deserving of your "guilty until proven innocent" approach that you've decided to portray towards me in this thread, but to each their own.

The 'Sidney Crosby' comparison is probably a bit of a stretch, but I think it goes without saying that he's the star of this board. He creates the most intriguing opinions on the hockey talk forums, and creates the most controversy (without trolling). I think he's absolutely great for the forums.

Look at most of what he's said over the past 1.5 years. As much "flack" as he's received on here, the truth of the matter is that he's been right on almost all issues (90%). Granted - he's had a few stinkers here and there (i.e. his predictions that the Flyers and Oilers would be juggeneaut teams based on some of the deals they made), but for the most part, he's been freakishly accurate. Atleast more than both you and I from what I see.
Last edited by The Brown Knight on Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Dark Indian Rises
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

I can definitely see where the comparison makes sense, both are clearly dealing with concussion issues.

Though it does seem as though one has completely recovered.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

The Brown Knight wrote:Royaldude is the "Sidney Crosby" of Canuckscorner.com

This post will probably come across as "ass-kissing", and I hope it's not taken that way (although I wouldn't blame anyone if it does), but I think this needs to be said: Royaldude is the best poster on these forums........by far.

I would even go as far as saying that he's the best poster that this site has ever had, and that the forums are quite lucky to have him.
Okay Farhan, not to bash the dude too much... but I know for a fact there's a number of posters that explicitly ignore the Dude's posts because they either a) repeat themselves endlessly b) make no contribution to the thread actually being discussed, or c) are overt attempts to troll.

I get a kick out of the Dudes ranting and raving. But I think of him more like the guy on the street corner screaming the end cometh from a shopping cart pulpit. He's not a prophet or a wise person, in fact he's probably loaded on mouthwash and smack, but he's entertaining as hell and makes you thankful for your own ability to be happy and enjoy a good thing once in a while.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

The Brown Knight wrote:
BingoTough wrote:I don't know if you're serious or joking.

I am being 100% serious with my post (although I can see why you would suspect otherwise).
As I said, I didn't know if you're serious or joking and then shared thoughts to both. No presumption of guilt.

Being right more than I am does not make a great poster. A great poster is thought provoking, makes you challenge your own perceptions, etc. I don't really get that from RD.

Anyways, I don't want to waste time discussing whether I like his posts or not.

It does not matter. He posts, some people read, some people respond, life goes on. Discussing whether he is a great poster or not is pointless.

It would be like discussing value of the "Let's trade Booth for a Polar Bear and a Red Wagon" posts we get sometimes. People can engage or not (I used to read a lot of them, but no time anymore). Judging your value to the community publicly, I think isn't right. You say that you think RD is a great poster, but recognise that other's don't. So what value does this thread add? You even added a poll so people could say how great (or not) he is. If the votes are 20-3 against, don't you think that's a bit of a crappy message to RD, even if not intended?

"Hey RD, we took a vote and nobody likes you" isn't a message our community should be crafting. It runs counter to the ethos of the board.

In short, he may be an Ooompa Loompa, but he's our Ooompa Loompa and I don't think this thread does him any favours.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Island Nucklehead wrote: I get a kick out of the Dudes ranting and raving. But I think of him more like the guy on the street corner screaming the end cometh from a shopping cart pulpit.

He's not a prophet or a wise person, in fact he's probably loaded on mouthwash and smack, but he's entertaining as hell and makes you thankful for your own ability to be happy and enjoy a good thing once in a while.

Anyways yup he's entertaining if you don't take him 100% serious.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

The Brown Knight wrote:In your opinion, is Royaldude the best poster on Canuckscorner.com?
There's a few shit disturbers in every crowd.
Some are predictable. Some are off the wall.
Do you want a rating system for the posts too? Image
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Like Blobby says, Dude is up and down like a whore's pants.

Over time he says everything about everybody, hoping to be as right as a stopped clock.

I'm sure THESE DAYS everyone has him pegged as a Booth-hater, but once upon a time...
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Sun Oct 23, 2011 at 1:44 pm[/color] wrote: I love this trade, I see Booth as maybe doing what Patrick Sharp did for Chicago when the Flyers gave up on him and being that guy for us. The guy has a real nose for the net and may excel in a hotbed hockey environment, playing on good hockey team. He's got speed and plays on the edge should by all accounts be a 30 goal guy,. I think him and his buddy Kesler may turn out to be quite the scarey combo out there.
:wow:

And I'm sure THESE DAYS everyone has him pegged as a "MayRay" supporter, but once upon a time...
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Sat Jun 08, 2013 at 4:26 pm[/color] wrote: Listen Doc, I am done with watching sand getting kicked in the faces of this team. You know me, I loved the era of Smyl, Fraser, Williams hockey. This team is embarrassingly whimpy, the playoff bow outs in the first round the last two seasons is evidence enough that this team has no back bone, but the Players Agent seems to think that this core group is still good to go, for the love of allah.

No fan of Raymond, anymore, no fan of the yapping, diving either (Burrows, Kesler, Lappy). Give me more of the quiet assassins like Rypien. Not a fan of Hodgson, still holding out hope for Kassian
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Mon May 06, 2013 at 7:49 am[/color] wrote: Ballard and Booth are automatic buyouts if you can't move them.

Higgins and Raymond have to go
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Wed May 08, 2013 at 5:39 pm[/color] wrote: Get a proper top 6 forward

Bye Bye

Booth
Ballard
Higgins
Lappiere
Sestito
Raymond
Barker
Roy
Pinnizotto
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Sat May 11, 2013 at 11:21 am[/color] wrote: Well, if Gillis wants a free agent, he ain't going to be a very expensive one. Gillis needs to trim the fat like Nonis did with Connolly and Lombardi as soon as he was handed the keys in Toronto. Or like what Wilson did with Handzus, Murray and Clowe.

To me it's not about signing free agents, it's about getting rid of some of the shite on the team, i.e., Booth, Ballard, Raymond, Lappiere, Sestito, Pinnizotto, Ebbett, Alberts
What about THAT Dude!

____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Strangelove wrote:Like Blobby says, Dude is up and down like a whore's pants.

Over time he says everything about everybody, hoping to be as right as a stopped clock.

I'm sure THESE DAYS everyone has him pegged as a Booth-hater, but once upon a time...
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Sun Oct 23, 2011 at 1:44 pm[/color] wrote: I love this trade, I see Booth as maybe doing what Patrick Sharp did for Chicago when the Flyers gave up on him and being that guy for us. The guy has a real nose for the net and may excel in a hotbed hockey environment, playing on good hockey team. He's got speed and plays on the edge should by all accounts be a 30 goal guy,. I think him and his buddy Kesler may turn out to be quite the scarey combo out there.

And I'm sure THESE DAYS everyone has him pegged as a "MayRay" supporter, but once upon a time...
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Sat Jun 08, 2013 at 4:26 pm[/color] wrote: Listen Doc, I am done with watching sand getting kicked in the faces of this team. You know me, I loved the era of Smyl, Fraser, Williams hockey. This team is embarrassingly whimpy, the playoff bow outs in the first round the last two seasons is evidence enough that this team has no back bone, but the Players Agent seems to think that this core group is still good to go, for the love of allah.

No fan of Raymond, anymore, no fan of the yapping, diving either (Burrows, Kesler, Lappy). Give me more of the quiet assassins like Rypien. Not a fan of Hodgson, still holding out hope for Kassian
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Mon May 06, 2013 at 7:49 am[/color] wrote: Ballard and Booth are automatic buyouts if you can't move them.

RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Wed May 08, 2013 at 5:39 pm[/color] wrote: Get a proper top 6 forward

Bye Bye

Booth
Ballard
Higgins
Lappiere
Sestito
Raymond
Barker
Roy
Pinnizotto
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]on Sat May 11, 2013 at 11:21 am[/color] wrote: Well, if Gillis wants a free agent, he ain't going to be a very expensive one. Gillis needs to trim the fat like Nonis did with Connolly and Lombardi as soon as he was handed the keys in Toronto. Or like what Wilson did with Handzus, Murray and Clowe.

To me it's not about signing free agents, it's about getting rid of some of the shite on the team, i.e., Booth, Ballard, Raymond, Lappiere, Sestito, Pinnizotto, Ebbett, Alberts
What about THAT Dude!

With all due respect Strangelove, I am going to have to disagree with you.

My guess is that your above post is the equivalent of finding a needle in a hay-stack......and that outside of your cited examples from above, Royaldude hasn't really had any noteworthy errors of significance.

Controversial? Yes. Annoying at times? Possibly. Does the man back up what he says with facts about 97% of the time? I would say so.

Sorry Strangey, but you're out to lunch on this one!

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Dude was with me on stumpy until 6 months before the trade for Zach. Now he's still blowing smoke up stumpy's ass.

That said. I am on record as saying the Dude is one of my favourite posters and every post of his is worth a read.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Like Blobby says, Dude is up and down like a whore's pants.

Bye Bye

Booth
Ballard
Higgins
Lappiere
Sestito
Raymond
Barker
Roy
Pinnizotto

What about THAT Dude!

With all due respect Strangelove, I am going to have to disagree with you.

My guess is that your above post is the equivalent of finding a needle in a hay-stack......and that outside of your cited examples from above, Royaldude hasn't really had any noteworthy errors of significance.

Controversial? Yes. Annoying at times? Possibly. Does the man back up what he says with facts about 97% of the time? I would say so.

Sorry browner, but I remember those quotes... especially the ones on Booth. The Dude is a cornerstone poster and makes this place better that is for sure, but no more so than any of the regulars around here.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Knight wrote: With all due respect Strangelove, I am going to have to disagree with you.

You're only saying that because you're Batman!

http://canuckscorner.com/2013/07/03/cha ... r-canucks/

:mrgreen:

"Possibly" Image
____
Try to focus on someday.