Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Southern_Canuck »

herb wrote:And just like that, Sauve has been sent down. Pelletier and Archibald have been called up. It would be Archibald's first NHL game if he played tomorrow.
For undrafted Archibald, that is pretty neat!

...especially as some of his more heralded peers from the first round of his draft (2008) struggle:

Kyle Beach
Zach Boychuk
Joe Colborne
Anton Gustafsson
Greg Nemisz
Daulton Leveille

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

When will u cats finally stick a fork in David Booth? He's done like dinner

Even the minor league call ups are playing better than him. Get rid if that 4.5 million not well spent
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:When will u cats finally stick a fork in David Booth? He's done like dinner

Even the minor league call ups are playing better than him. Get rid if that 4.5 million not well spent
Cool story. When we waive and demote him, what will that $925K get us?
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Pelletier has been sent back down, presumably because Burrows is ready to go tonight.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Ryan Johnson is back with the Canucks!!!

TEAM Radio ‏@TEAM1040
TEAMRadio.ca: Canucks Name Ryan Johnson Player Development Consultant http://bit.ly/16IeX0f
Develop puck blocking skills??? :mrgreen:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

scared me shitless for a sec there jovocop!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Dalpe is back with the team I guess confirming that it was a conditioning stint he was on. Not sure who we sent back but I think Archie is the only one who does not need to clear waivers. But we sent Welsh down once so who knows.
The only HW the Canucks need
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I believe Welsh was already in the minors when he was acquired. He was only in Vancouver for a post-trade physical I think. Because he was already in the minors I don't believe Welsh needs to clear waivers anymore.

I doubt they send Archibald down at this time. Torts seems to have some sort of liking for him that he will actually give him more than a minute a game. Not much more but more.

It's time to start separating the wheat from the chaff among the likes of Sestito, Weise, Weber, Alberts, Archibald, Welsh, and Dalpe.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

I think the vast majority of us realize that Booth isn't what was expected, but what are you going to do? Can't trade him, can't buy him out until the offseason - might as well see if he can contribute something once he's finally healthy. He's as good as gone in the offseason, too expensive for what he brings.

Still need another forward, maybe two. I say maybe because Santo has been playing very well, I see zero reason to believe he won't keep it up so far. His compete level is perfect for a Torts system, ideally Gillis can get another player who has that same motor. The D and goalies are obviously set for the foreseeable future. Nor even sure how Corrado gets into the lineup even though he definitely deserves it.

In the meantime I'm just going to enjoy watching this team play. Not too many games they come out flat like the last couple of years, looks like getting rid of AV was the right call, at last so far.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'm starting to think that Half Sack McKenzie might have been right regarding giggles AV and that a coaching change was what was needed. Same players different team, only one explanation - Torts
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I like what I see from Archibald, more so than Dalpe
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Wow, that is a wake-up call or what?
Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
#Canucks have assigned left wing David Booth to the @UticaComets on a conditioning assignment.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

McKenzie said there's some good hunting near Utica though.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Aside from the obvious undertone that a message is being sent to Booth, this allows the Canucks to play Archibald, who has played well, a bit more without risking losing Dalpe, Alberts or Weber on waivers.

Earlier in the day it was reported that Booth practiced today and expected to play on this upcoming four game road trip.

A note on conditioning assignments: a player who has been on IR can be assigned to the AHL on a conditioning assignment for a maximum of 14 days. So, everyone's favourite player will be back in two weeks or be placed on waivers (unlikely).
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

herb wrote:Aside from the obvious undertone that a message is being sent to Booth, this allows the Canucks to play Archibald, who has played well, a bit more without risking losing Dalpe, Alberts or Weber on waivers.

Earlier in the day it was reported that Booth practiced today and expected to play on this upcoming four game road trip.

A note on conditioning assignments: a player who has been on IR can be assigned to the AHL on a conditioning assignment for a maximum of 14 days. So, everyone's favourite player will be back in two weeks or be placed on waivers (unlikely).

If he isn't going to play waive him. There is some hope someone might grab him freeing up his cap. If not then we do save close to one million on the cap.

But two weeks in Utica may actually be a huge benefit for him. He can play all out and try and get his game back. It depends upon how much he wants it.
The only HW the Canucks need