GDT Canucks @ STLoius

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT Canucks @ STLoius

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Blobby, YouTube the Kassian Roussel fight. Roussel was throwing the bombs galore
You have cemented your rep here as the class mongoloid. Congrats. Kassian still beat him despite the faggot frenchman had a welding mask on. Only a fucking troll would disagree.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Blobby, YouTube the Kassian Roussel fight. Roussel was throwing the bombs galore
Who the fuck cares? He's not a fighter ala Curt 'One Punch' Fraser, he's still a tough hombre and we had a fucking fantasticticgoricly tough road trip. Give MG and JT some fucking credit you ponce :P
But he didn't fucking beat him. He attacked Kassian charged him like a bull with his Subban 3/4 shield and Kassian still won the fight. Bikerdude is being a fucking idiot .

BTW Kassian DID NOT deserve that penalty that started the comeback and if it was a penalty In Brendan Bettman's p;ussified league I will take those all day long.

I guess if the balding Italian can't bark about the team missing 4 regulars going 5 - 1 - 1 on the roadie he will make shit up. Must suck to wake up being that bitter and jaded. I wouldn't know. :roll: Guy needs to get laid or go on a nice holiday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
You have cemented your rep here as the class mongoloid. Congrats. Kassian still beat him despite the faggot frenchman had a welding mask on. Only a fucking troll would disagree.
Don't waste your awesome drunkass typing skills on him Blobby, he only does this to get attention because his wifeypoo won't suck his limpdick anymore :(
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Quite impressive.. From the kids to the core.....well done boys
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

VERY hard fought and sweet victory for the Canucks tonight.

Much respect from this fan.

I'm loving the consistent work ethic of this team so far in this early season. Looks like they are adjusting to the new style of play fairly well now.

We aren't cup contenders this year, but this team reminds me a lot of the 2006-2007 team in terms of their tenacity.

If the twins, Kesler, and Lou can maintain this level of play for 2-3 more years, and then Shinkaruk/Horvat/Kassian become impact players during that time, then I can definitely see a return to our 2011 level......and perhaps another cup return.

For now though, this is the best I've felt about the game of hockey in over 2.25 years.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Great effort all around. A lot of heart and no quit in their game. A little penalty trouble let the Blues back in but they played the third to protect the point and got a fucking PP goal, finally, to get the two points.

So that's 11 out of a possible 14 points. Not to shabby to say the least.

Lack had a great game. Two years from now let's hope the market for Luongo opens up :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Defensively a solid team game. Do we have a new keeper line in Higgins/ Santorelli/Kassian? I really liked how they played together. Could be a good make up even once Burrows is back.

The call up played well enough and brought energy and more importantly played solid minuets for a tired team.

Kesler, beast mode again. Santorelli 2 more points.

Very impressed with this effort and of course the result. Only blight on the game is going up by two and letting the Blues back into it, but not upset about it given everything.

Wow is all I can say. Great result, great road trip. I' say we are starting to develop an identity.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rats19 wrote:Quite impressive.. From the kids to the core.....well done boys
Most fans are happy with the pushback , the tenacity and the will of the team. I guess the BD's and the TG's are mad at the world.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Who the fuck cares? He's not a fighter ala Curt 'One Punch' Fraser, he's still a tough hombre and we had a fucking fantasticticgoricly tough road trip. Give MG and JT some fucking credit you ponce :P
But he didn't fucking beat him. He attacked Kassian charged him like a bull with his Subban 3/4 shield and Kassian still won the fight. Bikerdude is being a fucking idiot .

BTW Kassian DID NOT deserve that penalty that started the comeback and if it was a penalty In Brendan Bettman's p;ussified league I will take those all day long.

I guess if the balding Italian can't bark about the team missing 4 regulars going 5 - 1 - 1 on the roadie he will make shit up. Must suck to wake up being that bitter and jaded. I wouldn't know. :roll: Guy needs to get laid or go on a nice holiday.
In all honesty I missed the fight. I had to teach some young nubile university students tonight. Lord fuck a quack, Asian women should be illegal ass meth :|

Speaking of witch, BD can't get laid, it just doesn't work. I do support you in your bid to get him on some oneway hash vacation to Afghanistan for him...

Midnight Cowbell indeed :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Impressive road trip

Gaunce 2 goals 1 assist tonight.

Flip flopping between Stella's 1516 Malbec and glenlivet tonight. Chronic wife is burning the house down

Don Taylor has a right proper terrible mug not built for cameras

Doc Strangelove is getting shit faced with Potatoe at the Eldorado
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Hockey Widow wrote:Great effort all around. A lot of heart and no quit in their game. A little penalty trouble let the Blues back in but they played the third to protect the point and got a fucking PP goal, finally, to get the two points.

So that's 11 out of a possible 14 points. Not to shabby to say the least.

Lack had a great game. Two years from now let's hope the market for Luongo opens up :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Defensively a solid team game. Do we have a new keeper line in Higgins/ Santorelli/Kassian? I really liked how they played together. Could be a good make up even once Burrows is back.

The call up played well enough and brought energy and more importantly played solid minuets for a tired team.

Kesler, beast mode again. Santorelli 2 more points.

Very impressed with this effort and of course the result. Only blight on the game is going up by two and letting the Blues back into it, but not upset about it given everything.

Wow is all I can say. Great result, great road trip. I' say we are starting to develop an identity.
Santorelli is quickly becoming a favourite of mine. He does everything well, nothing great and nothing badly, and can play on any line. He's perfect for his role.

I wonder what the lines will look like with Burr back, which could happen as soon as next game. I'm guessing Burr goes to the third line at first to get up to speed, but who knows from there. The way Torts changes lines from shift to shift I guess it won't matter to much.

Really liking the balance on D, the best I can remember since 2011. Still need at least one and maybe two more forwards to have the depth to go far, but that was a very encouraging trip.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Gutsy gutsy game by the road team. Fuck, but Backes is a sore loser. Nothing like going after a Twin after the game is over. Jackman was his usual douche best going after Kesler, again after the game was over. Swear they were crying over the butt-hurt they were feeling after Kesler finished off the prison-love with flare.

Blues have only themselves to blame. They didn't wake up until the 3rd period as Vancouver's heavy road legs started to show. Guess all that fishing and golfing off the coast put some rust on their game. Give our guys credit in that they pretty much played a textbook road-game. This was St. Louis' game to take, but nice to see the boys refuse to roll-over and take 2 points. This is not the kind of game you would have seen out of them last year or the year before. Put it against Torts or not, but it's refreshing to see this resilience from the team.

Welsh is making me wonder why pundits made him out to be the throw-in with the Dalpe deal. The kid looks like he could be a good mid-term solution at least at 4th line C, which makes Santo and Richards a good option on the 3rd line. Archibald and Pelletier looked like excited kids out there, and Archie did some good things out there.

I say keep Kesler on the wing. The guy is looking much more dangerous on the wing than he has in the last 2 years at C. Put him in the middle if you want to shut the opposition down, but I'd be looking for a 2nd line C if I were Gillis. Nice to see Kes' wrister is back.

Be interesting if any of the ink-stained wretches ask Torts before Monday's game what he's learned about this team and its players after a road trip he described as a getting-to-know-you session.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Colour me surprised.

Could not believe they won this, Lack played very well.

Now the team can go home for a well deserved rest.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Amazing! So many doubters, but this team truly has heart! :D

Now off to Rhodes for a week in the sun? 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Per wrote:Amazing! So many doubters, but this team truly has heart! :D

Now off to Rhodes for a week in the sun? 8-)
Enjoy Per!!!
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Lancer wrote: Be interesting if any of the ink-stained wretches ask Torts before Monday's game what he's learned about this team and its players after a road trip he described as a getting-to-know-you session.
He would say he learned Booth stands for; stall, stand, kiosk, cubicle, box, enclosure. :D