All things Mike Gillis

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: All things Mike Gillis

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Art Vandelay wrote: He's fucked up a bit here and there but by and large he has been a decent GM.
I agree. It's like HW said in another thread ... the errors get attacked and singled out but the little wins (like the Stanton pickup) largely go unnoticed.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Mr.Miyagi wrote: I agree. It's like HW said in another thread ... the errors get attacked and singled out but the little wins (like the Stanton pickup) largely go unnoticed.
I was actually thinking about that pick-up today during the Pens game. Stanton has been very reliable, he keeps it simple, and he has 3 points in the last 3 or 4 games. There's nothing flashy about his game, and he's got plenty to learn still, but so far he's been a big plus on our bottom pairing. He reminds me a bit of Ottawa's Marc Methot.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Liking Stanton but he ain't top 4 material. At least the guy knows his limitations which was the falling of Keith try to do too much Ballard.

Cranky Luggage Eyes is decent at plucking holes with supporting cast FA's here and there, but the players agent makes quite a few gaffs when it comes to trading and drafting, which is becoming his trademark. The successful FA finds has saved his lard ass, masked his massive flaws, otherwise he'd be out of a job cause of shite drafting and trading that has done damage to the future if this organization!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Why is there no chance of Stanton ever playing a top 4 role ? He has size, decent wheels, good awareness on the ice. He has some grit, a decent shot and he can move the puck very well. How the hell can you pigeon hole a guy who is 24 in his first NHL season?
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Art Vandelay wrote:So tell us what did RD have for breakfast this morning.
I dunno, but I know Gillis got a "take it up the ass" breakfast combo from Florida. :lol:

I agree. It's like HW said in another thread ... the errors get attacked and singled out but the little wins (like the Stanton pickup) largely go unnoticed.
Yeah, Stanton is looking like a good pickup. He's playing pretty good and he has the potential to play a bigger role with the team in time. Richardson and Magic Mike Santorelli are looking like great pickups at the front end as well. Richardson looks good defensively and has made a difference on our PK. Magic Mike has scored some clutch goals already and he's very versitle in that he can play up and down the lineup whether it be play some shifts on the wing with the sedins or take a shift centreing the 4th line. I'll give MG props for these 3 new additions so far.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: I dunno, but I know Gillis got a "take it up the ass" breakfast combo from Florida. :lol:
Yes, because Florida is doing so well thanks largely in part to the gifts we keep providing to them.

I mean we are literally making them contenders ourselves!

:hmmm:

:roll:
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:So tell us what did RD have for breakfast this morning.
I dunno, but I know Gillis got a "take it up the ass" breakfast combo from Florida. :lol:
Took you all weekend and that's what you come up with ? You must be the board comedian with gems like that.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: I dunno, but I know Gillis got a "take it up the ass" breakfast combo from Florida. :lol:

Yeah well ANYWAY...

Could we please have a mod move all of RD's posts to this thread?

Thanks in advance....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

My favourite Gillis trades

Booth
Ballard
Bernier
Roy
Pahlsson
Kassian
Erhoff

My favourite Gillis FA signings

Burnaby Santorelli
White Rock Garrison
Powell River Hamhius
Chris Tanev
Mats Sundin

My favorite Gillis non-signings

Mitchell
Rome
Raymond

My favorite Gillis re-signings

Luongo
Sestito

My favourite prospects Gillis has drafted in the last 6 Drafts who are playing with the Canucks

Schroeder
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

^
Smithers
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I knew it was one of those BC coast shit holes filled with skyo's crazy drunk cousins
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:I knew it was one of those BC coast shit holes filled with skyo's crazy drunk cousins
Take a big chunck of glow ball warming to put Shitters on the coast.

Actually a decent town if not for the Hey Zues freaks making it impossible to by even a cup of coffee on a Sunday. You'd likely never leave the Twin if you hit town.

Bumped into Hamhuis in the Smithers Safeway a month after the gm 7 loss to the Bruins.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Takes a good 3 hours to drive to the closest coastal town (Kitimat) from Smithers. I guess Kelowna is a coastal town to you as well RD?

Gotta give Gillis some love for the Santorelli, Richardson and Stanton pick ups. All have done exactly as asked. Now if he could just improve his record in trades a bit.....
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Diehard1 wrote:Takes a good 3 hours to drive to the closest coastal town (Kitimat) from Smithers. I guess Kelowna is a coastal town to you as well RD?

I'm not too disappointed with my lack of geographical knowledge of Smithers. It's somewhere butt fucking nowheresville
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

All the people I have met from Smithers are a lot happier with their lives than The Dude is with his own.....

Buttfuck nowheresville or not.... :roll: