Vancouver Canucks hire coach John Tortorella

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Vancouver Canucks hire coach John Tortorella

Postby The Brown Knight » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:03 pm

Strangelove wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome Strangelove.

Nothing like acknowledgment straight out of the chute wot? :wink:

The Brown Knight wrote:PJ Stock has a big of bricks for brains, haha. Lol @ random use of "Montreal" :lol:

Is it just me or is it ridiculously ironic that immediately after PJ rambled on like a crackhead

.... Healy says "You get paid for an opinion". :lol:

I guess it must just be me because I keep watching that segment and LOLing at those bozos

... over and over and over...

... meanwhile I don't see others around here making a big deal of it. :hmmm:

See, to me, Friedman on that CBC panel is like Alice in Wonderland, but yeah maybe that's just me...

The Brown Knight wrote:Like I said though - I'm just glad that we've got Torts on our side. Controversy or not, Torts isn't going to let CBC push the Canucks around in the media, and he's clearly a guy that won't stand for bullshit. I love what I'm seeing so far.

OMG bro, I could not agree more! :thumbs:

Agreed on all accounts, haha.

I dont think Healy is THAT dumb, but his hatred and emotion makes him say some dumb things.

PJ Stock and Kevin Weekes are a fairly daft IMO however. Not even really sure why they have positions on there.

Elliotte Friedman is a smart guy. McLean is a very smart guy but he's an evil bigot.
Last edited by The Brown Knight on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby sagebrush » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:59 pm

sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:04 am

RoyalDude wrote:It's obvious that mike gillis has carte Blanche around here with most of you, like if he was banging your old lady you'd be at bedside with your poms poms cheering him on "Miley you're the best" but did your buddy the players agent just hire John "Bill Laforge" Torterella?

It was funny hearing Doug MacLeans views on blocking shots and how much harder guys are shooting the pucks in todays game. In other words, it's fucking don cherry old school and guys will get hurt, as we are already seeing. Ain't worth it

Doug Maclean is umemployable in the NHL, yet you trust his word ? Do you seriously expect anyone to take you seriously when you type this kind of nonsense ? :baaa: :stupid:
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Postby vic » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:20 am

Art Vandelay wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:It's obvious that mike gillis has carte Blanche around here with most of you, like if he was banging your old lady you'd be at bedside with your poms poms cheering him on "Miley you're the best" but did your buddy the players agent just hire John "Bill Laforge" Torterella?

It was funny hearing Doug MacLeans views on blocking shots and how much harder guys are shooting the pucks in todays game. In other words, it's fucking don cherry old school and guys will get hurt, as we are already seeing. Ain't worth it

Doug Maclean is umemployable in the NHL, yet you trust his word ? Do you seriously expect anyone to take you seriously when you type this kind of nonsense ? :baaa: :stupid:

He trusts Tony G and Barry Mac a lot too - says a lot doesn't it?
vic
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Reefer2 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:08 pm

Just listened to JT presser after the game tonight, a little refreshing to hear a coach just say that the team did not compete tonight. Don't want to hear a coach sugar coat it, if the players played like crap, say it. Hopefully he makes the players more accountable, I think they need that.
Reefer2
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Tiger » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:08 am

Might as well say it .. we haven't got a team that can counterpunch.. and not much "inflicting" either.. But so far I have enjoyed his raps at game end. No sugarcoating ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby sagebrush » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Tiger wrote:

Might as well say it .. we haven't got a team that can counterpunch.. and not much "inflicting" either.. But so far I have enjoyed his raps at game end. No sugarcoating ..

It's early in the season.

Torts looks to be pointed in the right direction. Time will tell if his bark is backed up.

PS - Tort's aggressive D system suits Ballard to a tee. ;)
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Jovocop » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:47 pm

After the "a disturbing play by a disturbing player" comment on Kassian and http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/mont ... nior-team/, I am glad that the Canucks have Torts instead of Eakins. At least Torts acts like a man, not a little kid. :mrgreen:
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Hockey Widow » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:01 pm

Was never impressed with Eakins and I know for certain that the Canucks weren't either. Torts was their man before they fired AV and before Torts was let go. They knew anything short of a Cup run and Torts was gone.

History tells us something about the water boys. They have replacements lined up well before they act. Just ask Nonis.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby BurningBeard » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:18 pm

Jovocop wrote:After the "a disturbing play by a disturbing player" comment on Kassian and http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/mont ... nior-team/, I am glad that the Canucks have Torts instead of Eakins. At least Torts acts like a man, not a little kid. :mrgreen:

That is a total Hockey God thing and I’m sure that young man learned his lesson and I highly doubt we’ll see anything like that out of his mouth again. ...Loved it. They may as well have sent me over a fruit basket and a bottle of wine. That was a really great present that Mr. Eller laid on us.

Kind of makes my wonder what handle Mr. Eakins posts under.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Jovocop » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:50 pm

BurningBeard wrote:
Jovocop wrote:After the "a disturbing play by a disturbing player" comment on Kassian and http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/mont ... nior-team/, I am glad that the Canucks have Torts instead of Eakins. At least Torts acts like a man, not a little kid. :mrgreen:

That is a total Hockey God thing and I’m sure that young man learned his lesson and I highly doubt we’ll see anything like that out of his mouth again. ...Loved it. They may as well have sent me over a fruit basket and a bottle of wine. That was a really great present that Mr. Eller laid on us.

Kind of makes my wonder what handle Mr. Eakins posts under.

RD?
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby BurningBeard » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:27 pm

Jovocop wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:Kind of makes my wonder what handle Mr. Eakins posts under.

RD?

I'd be lying if I said the thought hadn't crossed my mind. :P
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Vader » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:53 pm

“I know the reputation from the outside looking in. When I wasn’t coaching here, and outside, everyone thought Vancouver dove and did some whining.

Our team is not going to dive.Our team has already been talked to. We are not going to dive and I don’t think there’s much whining going on, either.

Now I’m certainly not trying to accuse the league or the refs of that, but I know there has been a reputation. I’ve been in the league long enough, some times that hangs around, too. So I guess it’s my chance to say we’re going to be an honest team, we’re trying to be an honest team – and I hope we get some God damn calls along the way.”

Now, I'm not sold (or not sold) on Tortorella as a coach and I don't buy in to the "most hated team" crap either but you do have to give credit to Tortorella for coming out and saying what most outside of Vancouver thinks.

Before these comments I noticed the teams effort to avoid the diving. Will be interesting to see how long (if at all) it takes to lose this reputation around league and refs
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby sagebrush » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:18 pm

Per Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News:

Tortorella blasted the new Rangers coach and former Canucks coach, saying that Vigneault created a reputation of diving and whining in Vancouver which is the reason Tortorella's squad is not receiving the benefit of the doubt from the officials.

Puts some of the local trouble making journalists in perspective.
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Hockey Widow » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:46 am

Talk about trying to stir up controversy where no exists. No where did Torts lay the blam at AV's feet. He was speaking of a team reputation, not laying blame. If anything it is an indictment of the players and a promise to change the culture.

Media stories like that are such shit.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Previous

Return to Canucks Corner Chat