GDT Oct 22 Canucks @ Islanders Snet-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: GDT Oct 22 Canucks @ Islanders Snet-P

Post by Hockey Widow »

Good call. Santorelli was definitely pushed into Nabokov by Kassian. Would have been pissed had that been against Luongo. Too bad though, good hustle by Kassian and good hands to hook that one in.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Fucking getting out hit 26-11 :crazy: Can we show some grit boys?!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Re: Torts benching the Weird Dude

Another genius Gillis transaction exposed. I mean no surprise to me but I do enjoy reading you guys drumming up excuses for Booth or downplaying the benching. As the great Banyan once said "Gold Jerry!"

I will say this, the team don't look too affected by his absence. Shocking.

I love this Booth stat - 9 hits in 10 games. LMAO. I real power forward gritty forechecker this guy. Almost worse numbers than his 1 goal 2 assists in 10 games
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ryan "Trigger Happy" Kesler for his leanings toward shooting the puck instantly from no matter what angle as soon as he gets puck in offensive zone totally and completely disregarding all other options in that there just might be a better option like - pass to linemate
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Arachnid wrote:Fucking getting out hit 26-11 :crazy: Can we show some grit boys?!
One of Tortorella's philosophies that he shared in the summer after his hiring was that being a "stiffer" team involved being a team that can TAKE hits. Something to the effect of, "Sometimes a team that can take a bunch of hits all night and still make the play can be tougher to play against than a team that throws them all night."

Not that I'm suggesting that we should go out to get out-hit.....
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Fucking getting out hit 26-11 :crazy: Can we show some grit boys?!
One of Tortorella's philosophies that he shared in the summer after his hiring was that being a "stiffer" team involved being a team that can TAKE hits. Something to the effect of, "Sometimes a team that can take a bunch of hits all night and still make the play can be tougher to play against than a team that throws them all night."

I want hits, we took hits under AV, I want teams afraid of us ala PQ
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

wasn't pretty but we take it. Great signings by MG for Santorelli & Richardson.

Guys a fuck'n genius!

:drink:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Arachnid wrote:
Mëds wrote:

I want hits, we took hits under AV, I want teams afraid of us ala PQ
Yeah, but we still played like pussies when we took hits. Now we keep pressing and don't retreat into our shells.....
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Yay! Good win to overcome some pretty suspect goaltending... but you know what bugs me?

1-4 @ San Jose PP 1-6 PK 8-8
6-2 Edmonton PP 1-6 PK 3-3
5-4 (OT) @ Calgary PP 0-1 PK 3-3
3-2 (OT) New Jersey PP 0-2 PK 1-1
1-4 San Jose PP 0-1 PK 3-3
1-4 Montreal PP 0-3 PK 1-3
3-2 @ Philadelphia PP 0-1 PK 2-2
3-0 @ Buffalo PP 0-3 PK 3-3
3-4 (SO) @ Pittsburgh PP 0-1 PK 3-4
1-3 @ Columbus PP 1-3 PK 5-5
5-4 (OT) @ NYI PP 0-2 PK 2-4

So far this season, Canucks have faced 39 powerplays against, while only having 29 themselves - oh, so that doesn't seem like a big discrepancy? In 7 of the 11 games, the opposition has had more powerplay chances.

Current road trip? 18 against, 10 for.

What gives?

S_C
Last edited by Southern_Canuck on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a great day for hockey!
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Individual Canuck players were good.

Team defense sucked. Too many grade A scoring chances against Luongo.

Take the two points and run.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So we get 7 out of a possible 10 points so far on this road trip and RD wants to come here and gloat about Booth being benched?

Even if we drop the last two that is a .500 road trip, one that a lot of people were saying either we would be lucky to accomplish or would be a sign of a successful road trip given a new coach new system blah blah blah.

A sloppy game, poor team defence and yet we score 5 goals, by 5 different players and yet RD still wants to be the nay sayer.

Santorelli and Richardson so far have been good pick ups. Long season yet but those two along with Stanton are success stories. Perhaps by the half way mark a different picture will emerge but for now I am impressed with the three of them.

Hansen's injury did not look good. No word yet but I'm guessing 4-6 weeks. That way I can be pleased if it is less :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I admit it, I like high scoring games. Screw defence, screw goaltending. Give me goals.
The only HW the Canucks need
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

herb wrote:Torts is the kind of guy who believes in “sending a message”. Booth was reportedly bag skated hard this morning at practice. Obviously the coaches aren’t ecstatic with the way he has played.
I know how to send Booth a message, and it's not with a bag skate and a benching. He must be... compelled... some other way.

Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

only saw a few minutes of the game.

4 goals by NYI, were they good goals or was it just a poor game by Luongo and D?

II am more excited that they scored 5 goals actually.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:So we get 7 out of a possible 10 points so far on this road trip and RD wants to come here and gloat about Booth being benched?

Even if we drop the last two that is a .500 road trip, one that a lot of people were saying either we would be lucky to accomplish or would be a sign of a successful road trip given a new coach new system blah blah blah.

A sloppy game, poor team defence and yet we score 5 goals, by 5 different players and yet RD still wants to be the nay sayer.

Santorelli and Richardson so far have been good pick ups. Long season yet but those two along with Stanton are success stories. Perhaps by the half way mark a different picture will emerge but for now I am impressed with the three of them.

Hansen's injury did not look good. No word yet but I'm guessing 4-6 weeks. That way I can be pleased if it is less :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I admit it, I like high scoring games. Screw defence, screw goaltending. Give me goals.
I don't think Torts is gonna put up with the 'weird dude' for very long. Fortunately for Booth and unfortunately for me, Hansen seemingly will be out for a while.

I enjoyed the game. Santorelli and Richardson seem like fairly decent replacements for Lappiere and Malhotra. I thought Stanton came down to earth tonight, got caught flat footed a couple times.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I think we missed the relentless forecheck hitting machine that Booth is, tonight.