GDT Oct 22 Canucks @ Islanders Snet-P

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

GDT Oct 22 Canucks @ Islanders Snet-P

Post by Zamboni Driver »

'82 Cup final rematch - the last Canucks appearance in the Cup Final WITHOUT a riot. :P

Lucky that Bossy & Billy Smith are long retired. :)

Interesting rumour on Team 1040 - Booth will be a healthy scratch...
(Did Gillis get RoyalDude's memo?) :mrgreen:

Higgins returns to where he grew up, look for a strong game from him with 40+ friends & relatives in the building.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: GDT Oct 22 Canucks @ Islanders Snet-P

Post by Arachnid »

Zamboni Driver wrote:'82 Cup final rematch - the last Canucks appearance in the Cup Final WITHOUT a riot. :P

Lucky that Bossy & Billy Smith are long retired. :)

Interesting rumour on Team 1040 - Booth will be a healthy scratch...
(Did Gillis get RoyalDude's memo?) :mrgreen:

Higgins returns to where he grew up, look for a strong game from him with 40+ friends & relatives in the building.
And Booth was projected to be one of the comeback kids of the year.
I like all his tools but JT got it right...'one weird dude'

Hopefully Grabner won't pot the winner so you-know-who doesn't piss in here tonight.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Arachnid wrote: Hopefully Grabner won't pot the winner so you-know-who doesn't piss in here tonight.

"He is a criminal element, The worst goon in hockey today, a real cement head....He's not playin', he's suspended".

herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Regarding Booth – Probably the last thing I’m interested in is debating the merits [again] of David Booth as a hockey player, but there is absolutely no way in hell the coaching staff believes playing Alberts or Sestito four minutes tonight gives the team a better chance at winning.

Torts is the kind of guy who believes in “sending a message”. Booth was reportedly bag skated hard this morning at practice. Obviously the coaches aren’t ecstatic with the way he has played.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Booth getting scratched, hoping that get's him going...one can dream.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

The key to winning this game is scoring more goals that the opposing team.

The key to do that is get more traffic in front of the net, lots of shots but a lot shots being seen by the goalie.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

herb wrote:Regarding Booth – Probably the last thing I’m interested in is debating the merits [again] of David Booth as a hockey player, but there is absolutely no way in hell the coaching staff believes playing Alberts or Sestito four minutes tonight gives the team a better chance at winning.

Torts is the kind of guy who believes in “sending a message”. Booth was reportedly bag skated hard this morning at practice. Obviously the coaches aren’t ecstatic with the way he has played.
I would probably agree with most of what most people say about the merit of Booth as a player at this point, but to me seeing him get the scratch is encouraging in that it hopefully means we will either see an improvement from this player or after a season of frustration from the coaching staff the organization will likely step up and buy him out of his remaining season under contract.

A top nine winger who treads water at even strength but can't really be depended on to provide any kind of consistent offense is exactly the type of role we can fill with an ELC next year, be it Jensen, Gaunce, Shinkaruk or Horvat - and putting $3m and change towards another position in the lineup would be a huge boon to this team.

I like that Booth isn't a big liability out there and I believe he can contribute (and I was satisfied with what he did, when healthy, his first season here) but the guy we've seen this season is eminently replaceable.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

dbr wrote:I like that Booth isn't a big liability out there and I believe he can contribute (and I was satisfied with what he did, when healthy, his first season here) but the guy we've seen this season is eminently replaceable.
I think most people agree that we need Booth to be that 20+ goal scorer we saw glimpses of in his first season here. If he can't do that, then sayonara. Fingers crossed that Torts can get the most out of this player.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

And just like that we are down two.........

Er er er as I type 2-1
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

fcuk I hate these 4pm games, I can never watch em, by the time I get home it's pretty much over. :mad:

Already 2-1? holyshit.

Glad to hear RK17 scored though! :thumbs:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Dank ties it up!

4 goals in under 10 minutes. OK Lou shut the door.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Injury to Hansen doesn't look good. Looks like a shoulder.

With Booth not dressed our forward lines are now literally 3 lines plus 1 plus a dman
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Daniel Sedin scores in a last goal wins type of game.

Hope honeybadger is ok.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Damn, not your grandma's Mickey Mouse Islanders team...made us look like an AHL team the last part of the period.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Wow did we come roaring out of the gate for this one. :P

A couple of lucky goals for the Islanders.....at least as far as Luongo is concerned. Our defense was brutal on that first one, and the second goal was a really good initial save and then a lucky bounce and bank for Moulson.

Good quick answer by Kesler.

Daniel is definitely over-thinking things as they said in the pre-game. He needs to just shoot and not try all these fancy ass passes with players not named Hen.....and he scores on a shot as I'm typing. Figures. :lol:

All knotted up early on. The reset button has been hit and we're back to square one. Now time to go win this game.