GDT Oct 20 Canucks @ BJs

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

nuckster
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT Oct 20 Canucks @ BJs

Post by nuckster »

Utterly frustrating. Total domination, and 0 points; one song remains the same - no fucking finish!! They. need to practice shooting an deflecting. All the cycling in the opposition's zone means 'squat' without finish. WTF Y'ALL
cc oldtimer
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

The second game in a row the Canucks lost a game they played well enough to win. Lots of good work along the boards and in the neutral zone, but just couldn't generate enough Grade A scoring chances despite the high shot total.

Not enough finish on offence. Not much else to say, really. A pretty well played game otherwise, just no finish and too many easy saves for McElhenney. We couldn't seem to get any decent looks from right out front. This isn't the same shitty Columbus team from the past 15 years. Johansen looks like the real deal for sure.
Steve Bennett*
AHL Prospect

Post by Steve Bennett* »

Hockey Widow wrote:Somehow a predictable loss. Even though they owned the first they didn't look too dominant. I suppose we could blame it on fatigue and back to backs, oh wait Columbus had the same. Maybe we could blame it on our back up, oh wait Columbus played their back up.

Columbus woke up after the first and it was a much more even game, they capitalized and got that all important late lead. Lack played a strong game but our offence was non existent. Too bad, after coming off our best game of the season we just didn't have it.

Higgins came so close to tying it, I bet he had a nightmare on that one tonight.
Yeah too bad indeed, should have had the two points, Higgins had better have nightmares about that; he should have lifted the puck. Needs to be more clutch. I bet if that were the Burr Man he would have nailed that in. O well, it is what it is, time for the next one.

Welsh looked good out there, hope he can get some time with guys other than bruisers. Might have some potential there. Santorelli and Richardson had solid games for what we can expect out of them. D had some gaffes, except for Tanev. Thought he played solid. Pretty interesting development that on the 5-3 in the second period Torts opted to put Tanev out there first. Maybe the other guys were already out there, but nonetheless big confidence for him from Torts, and he played solid on the 5-3 too. Stanton as well is looking more and more solid out there. I like the way our d is shaping up. The holes appear to be up front, but it is a new coach with a new system and a lot of new guys. another 15 or so games will show us where we are headed I think...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Keeping a player like Stonehands Booth and that money well spent contract of his and like letting 1/2 the price Raymond and his thousand times better skill set walk just re-confirms the brilliance of Michael Gillis
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I am losing hope for booth myself dude. He just can't seem to finish..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:Keeping a player like Stonehands Booth and that money well spent contract of his and like letting 1/2 the price Raymond and his thousand times better skill set walk just re-confirms the brilliance of Michael Gillis
Ignoring your completely laughable comment about Mason "Carpenters Helper (Can't Even Make the Fourth Line Better)" Raymond...

David Booth has never been eligible for a compliance buy out, and due to his injuries was probably never a player any team would have in acquiring given the falling salary cap.

So I mean your comment is just completely disingenuous, whatever merit the Booth acquisition had two years ago his injury in March pretty much cemented his place on this team whether anyone liked it or not. We could have had Vincent Lecavalier and Daniel Alfredsson pleading to sign here, nevermind Mason fucking Raymond :lol: , and Booth would still be here.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

rats19 wrote:I am losing hope for booth myself dude. He just can't seem to finish..
I wouldn't give up all hope just yet. Don't forget these first few games of the season are the first ones he's played since March and i think he only played about 13-15 games then. He took 10 games then before i thought he started to show some promise and expect the same again.
By the end of this roadtrip we'll have a better idea how Boothy will or will not gel(if he can avoid another injury).
I like the Kassian/Booth pairing and am hoping they can get it together and start contributing.

http://www.vancouversun.com/videos/reco ... BNB5iMfQ_U
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

dangler wrote:
rats19 wrote:I am losing hope for booth myself dude. He just can't seem to finish..
I wouldn't give up all hope just yet. Don't forget these first few games of the season are the first ones he's played since March and i think he only played about 13-15 games then. He took 10 games then before i thought he started to show some promise and expect the same again.
By the end of this roadtrip we'll have a better idea how Boothy will or will not gel(if he can avoid another injury).
I like the Kassian/Booth pairing and am hoping they can get it together and start contributing.

http://www.vancouversun.com/videos/reco ... BNB5iMfQ_U
Too bad, Schroeder is hurt again. He could be the playmaker who Booth and Kassian need.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Call me an apologist, but all of the guys we are relying on for secondary scoring have had slow starts to the season. The list includes Kesler, Hansen, Higgins, Booth and Kassian. Does that mean they’re all going to finish off the season with 30-40 points rather than the 50+ we are expecting? No, I don’t think so.

All have had good shifts and good games to this point, and I think they all could use a game where the flood gates open to get some confidence going.

Really, there are only a few guys who are off to good starts offensively (Hank, Santorelli and Garrison…I guess Stanton too).

All in all, 38 shots and only one goal to show for your efforts against a back-up ain’t good. The team showed up though, and at least it wasn’t one of those trademark no show contests like the AV led Canucks were notorious though.

It’s hard to complain about a 2-1-1 record through four games on this roadie.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

herb wrote:
It may seem hard, but it certainly won't keep people from trying... :roll:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

13 of the first 20 games are on the road with a brand new coach and a new system. I think some people just complain for the sake of complaining. Anything over 22 points after that first 20 games is a success. The team still has one glaring hole and maybe two but as far as I know the trade deadline is about 50 games away.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Per wrote:
herb wrote:
It may seem hard, but it certainly won't keep people from trying... :roll:
Well they are a buncha flakey West Coast hockey fans ;)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

dangler wrote:blah blah lah... Boothy blah blah blah...
Oh yeah, that's what I thought you said...

That's all he's been waiting for...

activating... netcrash mode
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dbr wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Keeping a player like Stonehands Booth and that money well spent contract of his and like letting 1/2 the price Raymond and his thousand times better skill set walk just re-confirms the brilliance of Michael Gillis
Ignoring your completely laughable comment about Mason "Carpenters Helper (Can't Even Make the Fourth Line Better)" Raymond...

David Booth has never been eligible for a compliance buy out, and due to his injuries was probably never a player any team would have in acquiring given the falling salary cap.

So I mean your comment is just completely disingenuous, whatever merit the Booth acquisition had two years ago his injury in March pretty much cemented his place on this team whether anyone liked it or not. We could have had Vincent Lecavalier and Daniel Alfredsson pleading to sign here, nevermind Mason fucking Raymond :lol: , and Booth would still be here.
Touchy

I must be right
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Makes you wonder how much more patience Torts has for the guy he refers to as "a weird dude"?