OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by BurningBeard »

Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Raymond and the leaves are slaying it, 2 goals for MayRay last night. Seemingly, Nonis' club and Gillis' club are going in opposite directions
Maybe we can trade for MayRay at the deadline for a 2nd...considering what a great PLAYOFF performer he is :roll:
Agreed.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

herb wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Raymond and the leaves are slaying it, 2 goals for MayRay last night. Seemingly, Nonis' club and Gillis' club are going in opposite directions
Getting outshot 37-14 against the lowly Wild is “slaying it”?

I didn’t watch the game, but it looks like the leaves beat a rookie, emergency call-up goaltender in his seventh NHL game with an insanely high 29% shooting percentage and only won because their goaltender stood on his head and made 36 saves.

Slaying it indeed.
Big Difference erb, you wanna know what it is? Both teams have the goaltending but only one of those teams can score. Here's a hint, CANUCKS CAN'T SCORE! Not news, I don't care if it was a minor league goaltender, our PP is what? 26th in the league? LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO! Shit, the Flyers known next to the Oilers as the two teams with the worst goaltending in the league, not to mention that the Flyers are THEEEE worst team in the league and we barely beat them, even with the help of a gift wrapped goal by Kesler.

BTW, if Bernier keeps it up, Lou may be the 3rd string goalie behind him and Price come the Olympics. Price is fucking lights out, as well as Bernier.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

The leaves are slaying it so good even their coach is coach is concerned that it's impossible for them to keep on winning with his team possessing the puck so little and getting so few quality scoring chances.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hodgson leads the Sabres in scoring with 6 points

Grabner is tied for team lead in scoring in NYI with Nielsen and Tavares with 7 points

Raymond is tied for team lead in scoring in Toronto with 8 points

All we have to show for those 3 is Kassian. Lol.

No wonder we can't score
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Not saying Vancouver obtained great value for all three . They clearly didn't. The Grabner trade was a bad move. In hindsight it was a dumb move as Keith Ballard was a terrible fit but Grabner would have been waived the following season if he didn't make the club outright. As it was he was sh shitty the Panthers waived him so the Canucks were not the only team to doubt his comittment.

Signing Raymond again for what he wanted which was about 2 - 2.5 million was not a bad call. He is weak, small and afraid to play in traffic. We saw the guy for 5 years. He is what he is, a decent third line player with great wheels but zero grit. This team needs some size so I have no problem letting him go. He will cash in big if he puts up 20 goals this year. No way I would give that guy 3- 4 million per.

The Hodgson trade will take a couple more years to accurately judge. At least it will for a person with above average intelligence and for someone who isn't ridiculously impatient. So far Buffalo has the better of the deal The key part of that phrase for you is so far. Do you scream at the Dominos delivery guy when he's five minutes late ? Yell at the tv ? Scream at traffic and blow your horn ? You seem like such a bitter and angry man.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Art Vandelay wrote:Not saying Vancouver obtained great value for all three . They clearly didn't. The Grabner trade was a bad move. In hindsight it was a dumb move as Keith Ballard was a terrible fit but Grabner would have been waived the following season if he didn't make the club outright. As it was he was sh shitty the Panthers waived him so the Canucks were not the only team to doubt his comittment.

Signing Raymond again for what he wanted which was about 2 - 2.5 million was not a bad call. He is weak, small and afraid to play in traffic. We saw the guy for 5 years. He is what he is, a decent third line player with great wheels but zero grit. This team needs some size so I have no problem letting him go. He will cash in big if he puts up 20 goals this year. No way I would give that guy 3- 4 million per.

The Hodgson trade will take a couple more years to accurately judge. At least it will for a person with above average intelligence and for someone who isn't ridiculously impatient. So far Buffalo has the better of the deal The key part of that phrase for you is so far. Do you scream at the Dominos delivery guy when he's five minutes late ? Yell at the tv ? Scream at traffic and blow your horn ? You seem like such a bitter and angry man.
In short - Art Loves Gillis! He desperately wants to play with his plums.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: No wonder we can't score
Speak for yourself FlaccidDude.

That's the actual root of the problem isn't it? :scowl:

Meanwhile your Vancouver Canucks are 11th overall in the goals-per-game category....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Haves

Sharks 4 Nucks 1
Sharks 4 Nucks 1
Habs 4 Nucks 1

The Have Nots

Nucks 4 Oilers 1
Nucks 5 Flames 4
Nucks 3 Devils 2
Nucks 3 Flyers 2

Hmmmmm
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

RoyalDude wrote:The Haves

Sharks 4 Nucks 1
Sharks 4 Nucks 1
Habs 4 Nucks 1

The Have Nots

Nucks 4 Oilers 1
Nucks 5 Flames 4
Nucks 3 Devils 2
Nucks 3 Flyers 2

Hmmmmm
Yeah, that stat needs to change if we're going to go anywhere post season; but at least we're winning the games we "should" win right now. The past couple of seasons the country club boys didn't show up for a lot of the "easier" games and only seemed interested when it was a contender they were facing. Still really early, but I like some of the character that seems to be (re)emerging with this team.

Pittsburgh will be the next litmus test.
2011..... the one that got away.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

RoyalDude wrote: BTW, if Bernier keeps it up, Lou may be the 3rd string goalie behind him and Price come the Olympics. Price is fucking lights out, as well as Bernier.
Wow, I agree. The way Toronto is playing, I wouldn't be surprised to see Raymond playing in Sochi too. It'll really be interesting to see what kind of numbers he'll put up on the top line, with a center like Crosby.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I said a year ago that I expect Price will be the starter in Sochi.

He's just too good technically to have another terrible season like last year. It's all mental for that kid.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Rumsfeld wrote:I said a year ago that I expect Price will be the starter in Sochi.
Over Bernier? Does he even have playoff experience like Bernier does? You have to remember that Jonathan Bernier plays for Toronto, so he understands the pressures of representing all of Canada already.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

BurningBeard wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:I said a year ago that I expect Price will be the starter in Sochi.
Over Bernier? Does he even have playoff experience like Bernier does? You have to remember that Jonathan Bernier plays for Toronto, so he understands the pressures of representing all of Canada already.
:lol:

Yeah, I might have to rethink everything in light of Bernier's emergence as the greatest goaltender on Earth.*

*after Schneider
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Don’t forget about Reimer. He did stop like 50 shots the other night when the leaves slayed Minnesota.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Rumsfeld wrote:*after Schneider
+1

If only the NHL had a Vezina Trophy for backup goaltenders. I think Schneider would have his named engraved on it for the foreseeable future.