Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by KeyserSoze »

This whole thing is just another media fueled debate. They seem to be the only ones getting up in arms about any of it. I doubt Thornton even gives a shit. I doubt many players throughout the league even give a shit. I doubt this really changes anything in terms of the player-media relationship as a whole. Sure, Botchford might get told to screw off by a few players, but let's be honest...the less of him we hear the better.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

KeyserSoze wrote: Sure, Botchford might get told to screw off by a few players, but let's be honest...the less of him we hear the better.
:cheers:
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

How did this all happen, why did Bro leave Classic rock and Pratt come back to 1040?

If Pratt and Taylor pass in the hall who would win?

You guys are so lucky, I would love to listen to sports talk all day at work. I have to listen to 3 different classic rock stations in Kelowna that play the same songs every day but all 3 have different formats. It so fuckin g boring at work listening to the same thing every day, it's like ground hog day.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Post by DavidPratt_ »

http://www.teamradio.ca/live/music-player/index.html

JOVO - PLAY THIS ON YOUR WORK COMPUTER. BETTER THAN LISTENING TO 'HOTEL CALIFORNIA' ON YOUR CLASSIC ROCK STATION (EVEN THOUGH I LIKE THE EAGLES).

DP
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I have stopped listening to the morning show, it is now traffic, CBC or nothing.

No matter what they do Jake is useless in the morning and needs to go.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Reefer2 wrote:I have stopped listening to the morning show, it is now traffic, CBC or nothing.

When he came to Rock 101 I stopped listening. I thought "this guy is an idiot, I bet vancouverites love him" and they did.

Oooh "the champ", it's soo funny! Lol!

Maybe if you're 5 years old.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

BingoTough wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:I have stopped listening to the morning show, it is now traffic, CBC or nothing.

When he came to Rock 101 I stopped listening. I thought "this guy is an idiot, I bet vancouverites love him" and they did.

Oooh "the champ", it's soo funny! Lol!

Someone's asking for some rapid punches to the solar-plexus.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BingoTough wrote: Oooh "the champ", it's soo funny! Lol!

The only episode that made me lol was the "plant your tulips around my old stump" one. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Is music not an option ?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Holy fuck . Tune in to Walter Matheau and Jack Lemmon for some real laughs on the TEAM right now. Christ these guys are hilarious. If you don't believe them just ask them. Taylor and B Mac are THE funniest men on the planet. We are so blessed to have two men like this gracing the Vancouver airwaves. Far and away the most knowledgable , most hilarious and cutting edge sports dudes. It's like Bob Costas, Vin Scully, Danny Gallivan, Robin Williams and Dennis Leary all rolled into one and X 2.

I try not to listen lately because of the losers at that station. It's usually music and DP or Jim Rome. I tuned in because of the twins being signed and I get treated to these two cum guzzlers giggling, laughing and jerking each other off for 30 minutes. I love good humor but these cats just aren't fucking funny..... not even a little. And there is very little sports talk outside of the 604 which would be fine if they actually knew fuck all about the local teams.

Get these assholes along with Jeff Patterson and Brother Jerk the fuck off the air and put on Lalji, Powell and Gary Mason. Find more work for Dan Murphy and Rick Ball but please lose the losers.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

B Mac alone is fine. Taylor is an aquired taste. Kind of agree about the lack of on air talent though. Bring back Al Davidson , Neil Macrae, JP Mcconnell, John Mackeachie, Barry Houlihan, Howie Meeker, Chris Hebb, Dave Hodge, and Gene Kinisky .
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hey 1040 - Jake still sucks and I still aint listening longer than 5 minutes with him on in the morning.

How bad is it when traffic all the time is better than your morning crew.
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Reefer2 wrote:Hey 1040 - Jake still sucks and I still aint listening longer than 5 minutes with him on in the morning.

Have you listened to B Mac and Taylor ? They are even worse than Jake and Pratt.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Art Vandelay wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:Hey 1040 - Jake still sucks and I still aint listening longer than 5 minutes with him on in the morning.

Have you listened to B Mac and Taylor ? They are even worse than Jake and Pratt.
Not even close. B Mac is great and Taylor is fine by me as well. But those morning dudes....are dreadful. I can barely stand to listen to Pratt...actually I don't anymore..
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Art Vandelay wrote:Have you listened to B Mac and Taylor ? They are even worse than Jake and Pratt.
I don't know, I'll probably be flamed for saying it, but I like Taylor. I grew up watching UTV Sports Page and every time I hear him I'm reminded of that.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.