OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by Arachnid »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Boyle gets creamed from behind by Lapierre in the St Louis-San Jose game. Boyle carted off on a stretcher and apparently is moving all extremities in hospital.

How many games? If Edler gets 3 for his hit on Hertl, Lapierre probably deserves 30.
ahahahahahahaha fucking sharks are weak....good on you Lappy! Do what the Canuckleheads can't...knock them into the next county...

*looks @ the score*

:eh:

Fuck, those ugly fish own the Blues
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Arachnid wrote:
*looks @ the score*

:eh:

Fuck, those ugly fish own the Blues
Maybe the Canucks ain't so shitty after all, eh?

0-2 against the Sharks.
4-1 against teams not named Sharks.

hmmm.... :evil:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Really don't think that hit was that bad. Boyle got caught in a vulnerable position just as Lapierre was delivering the hit, that play happens dozens of times every game.

Even the NBC announces see that Boyle stumbles a bit as he's wringing the puck around the boards. Lapierre isn't even looking at Boyle when they make contact, he's checking to see where the puck goes and decide where he needs to be for the next play.

Don't like to see a guy carted off and but it's a contact sport and things like that will happen. Sure Lappy hit the numbers but he didn't charge or take a run at Boyle, he was simply trying to rub him out on the boards and get back into the play.

Boyle stumbled and it looks like his chin or face makes contact where the boards and glass meet.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Aaronp18 wrote:Really don't think that hit was that bad. Boyle got caught in a vulnerable position just as Lapierre was delivering the hit, that play happens dozens of times every game.

Even the NBC announces see that Boyle stumbles a bit as he's wringing the puck around the boards. Lapierre isn't even looking at Boyle when they make contact, he's checking to see where the puck goes and decide where he needs to be for the next play.

Don't like to see a guy carted off and but it's a contact sport and things like that will happen. Sure Lappy hit the numbers but he didn't charge or take a run at Boyle, he was simply trying to rub him out on the boards and get back into the play.

Boyle stumbled and it looks like his chin or face makes contact where the boards and glass meet.

That's how I saw it too, Boyle stumbles just as the hit is delivered. Had Boyle not stumbled that is an ordinary hit with Lappy finishing his check. But it will be a reputation call and I think he gets 10 games. I think Shanny finds Lappy could have let up.
The only HW the Canucks need
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Hockey Widow wrote: That's how I saw it too, Boyle stumbles just as the hit is delivered. Had Boyle not stumbled that is an ordinary hit with Lappy finishing his check. But it will be a reputation call and I think he gets 10 games. I think Shanny finds Lappy could have let up.
You're likely right on the suspension front, Shanny will throw the book at Lappy on reputation alone.

It's a softball.

Though saying that he'll probably shock us all and get this right and explain the play as we saw it and give Lappy a game or two.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

LOL we don't hafta defend Lappy anymore folks, he's not one of the good guys anymore!

*schpits on Schneids, kicks CoHo in the JoHos*

OMG Shanny is gonna throw the book at him!

Recent-Canuck, repeat-offender, 4th-liner, takes out star player :wow:

.... or he lets him off with a warning (ya never know with Shanarama Dingdong) :mrgreen:

EDIT: he's not a "repeat offender" anymore, slate is wiped clean after 18 months.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Raymond and the leaves are slaying it, 2 goals for MayRay last night. Seemingly, Nonis' club and Gillis' club are going in opposite directions
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Aaronp18 wrote: You're likely right on the suspension front, Shanny will throw the book at Lappy on reputation alone.
I thought Lapierre hit Boyle right on the numbers. I agree Boyle was in a vulnerable position, but the NHL Department of Player Safety (hah) will throw the book at Lapierre. Fourth line scrub takes out star defenseman (on a stretcher) with an illegal check from behind is probably going to be a double digit suspension.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

RoyalDude wrote:Raymond and the leaves are slaying it, 2 goals for MayRay last night. Seemingly, Nonis' club and Gillis' club are going in opposite directions
Getting outshot 37-14 against the lowly Wild is “slaying it”?

I didn’t watch the game, but it looks like the leaves beat a rookie, emergency call-up goaltender in his seventh NHL game with an insanely high 29% shooting percentage and only won because their goaltender stood on his head and made 36 saves.

Slaying it indeed.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

herb wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Raymond and the leaves are slaying it, 2 goals for MayRay last night. Seemingly, Nonis' club and Gillis' club are going in opposite directions
Getting outshot 37-14 against the lowly Wild is “slaying it”?

I didn’t watch the game, but it looks like the leaves beat a rookie, emergency call-up goaltender in his seventh NHL game with an insanely high 29% shooting percentage and only won because their goaltender stood on his head and made 36 saves.

Slaying it indeed.
Stop confusing the narrative.... :?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Maybe we can trade for MayRay at the deadline for a 2nd...considering what a great PLAYOFF performer he is :roll:
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

That in tight spin around shelf goal last night was sick.

But we all know he has the ability and skill set to make plays like that every once in a while...no surprise there.

So far so good for Raymond.

The leaves obviously like what they've seen in these first 7 games. We've seen him for 350ish games in Vancouver and know that consistency is the real issue here. No doubt that a change in scenery is a good thing for him, but time will tell.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Good for MayRay, glad to see him enjoying some success,the guy has paid his dues and the fresh start with a new team might be what he needed.
I'm sure he prefers being the flavour of the month as opposed to annual whipping boy :D
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

KeyserSoze wrote:That in tight spin around shelf goal last night was sick.

But we all know he has the ability and skill set to make plays like that every once in a while...no surprise there.

So far so good for Raymond.

The leaves obviously like what they've seen in these first 7 games. We've seen him for 350ish games in Vancouver and know that consistency is the real issue here. No doubt that a change in scenery is a good thing for him, but time will tell.
I always liked the kid, has talent, fast, likeable enough. His problem is just that, he looks like a kid. He does not strike fear into the opposition in the post-season.
We needed more assholes like Zack is all.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

When the going gets tough, Raymond gets knocked on his ass, or does his famous perimeter button hook.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.