OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by tantalum »

Oiler wonderkid Yakupov a healthy scratch tonight against the leaves.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

RoyalDude wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:He's the real deal is he ? NHL careers are built on the first two weeks of the season on this board I see. Have you even see this kid play ? What does he do well ? Can he play at both ends of the ice ? Is he physical, good on faceoffs ? You probably don't know what hand he shoots. Is he a strong skater with good acceleration ? Would you describe him as someone with a good hockey IQ ?

3000 posts already . Quite the hockey afficionado I guess.

For the record Connolly came out of a brutal draft class. The fact you seem so giddy and have such lovers nuts for one kid on a brutal team in a great draft is just strange really. Would Monahan be getting so much prime toi on a decent team ? That is the question for you and you need to think about it.
Wasn't it you that made the big stinky stink how much older Monahan is and how that justifies his fantastic play out if the gate?

Anyhow

The long and short of Vandalays post here - It bothers him extremely that the Flames have a great young player in the fold whom seemingly has superstar potential written all over him
You mean who.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

tantalum wrote:Oiler wonderkid Yakupov a healthy scratch tonight against the leaves.
Hmm. About to be traded for a goalie? The Oilers certainly looked a little more like we expected them to look (offensively). If the Oilers had a goalie the leaves would have been in trouble there.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The great Jonathan Bernier letting in 5 tonight. Against any other team Cherry's favorite team would have gotten beaten with that effort. Oh well my hate for the Coilers is about the same as my hate for the leaves. :)
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

How does Kevin Lowe still have a job? Fuck he can't even do the tank it draft high well either. It must drive him nuts seeing how successful the avalanche are from tanking it and drafting high

Who would you rather have

O'Reilly
Duschene
Landeskog
McKinnon
Stastny

Eberle
Hall
RNH
Yak
Gagner

Remember you all moaning about OReillys contract. LOL. Fuck you couldn't even straight up trade Kesler for him, he's the heart of that team

Galchenyuk is miles better than Yak. That must hurt the Coilers. He's a premier two way centre in the making

The Toronto media absolutely love the New Look Oilers always referencing the Gretzky era as a comparable . LMAO. How long are they gonna keep on trying to recreate that? It's blinded them . Love it!

U wonder who would score lower on an IQ test - Taylor Hall, David Booth, Sopel or Steve Bernier?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: How does Kevin Lowe still have a job? Fuck he can't even do the tank it draft high well either. It must drive him nuts seeing how successful the avalanche are from tanking it and drafting high

O'Reilly
Duschene
Landeskog
McKinnon
Stastny

Eberle
Hall
RNH
Yak
Gagner

Remember you all moaning about OReillys contract. LOL. Fuck you couldn't even straight up trade Kesler for him, he's the heart of that team

Galchenyuk is miles better than Yak. That must hurt the Coilers. He's a premier two way centre in the making
LOFL you've been the Corner's token Oiler cheerleader for the past two years, raving about the 'new dynasty'!

And now you say "How does Kevin Lowe still have a job?" :crazy:

At one point Potatoe and I were fruitlessly trying to convince you the Avs future was brighter.

You responded thusly:

viewtopic.php?p=117815#p117815
RoyalDude wrote: I would take the Oilers young players over the Avalanches. Taylor Hall is a future Top 5 player along with Nugent Hopkins. Taylor Hall is almost already a superstar. Nugent-Hopkins won't be too far behind, I see those two hitting early stardom the way Toews and Kane did. Landeskog and Dushcene are the next tier down, good players but not in the same league. Also, Eric Johnson is borderline bust and Stastny ain't turning out as expected. O'Reilly is a solid two-way player but not a super highly skilled star in the making.
Ummm do you have a split personality?

You change your mind like yo momma should change her underwear! :lol:

BTW we LOLed at the O'Reilly contract because it was a major FEASTER offer-sheet blunder:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/calg ... n-oreilly/

But YOU said:

"Love the bold move here by the Flames MGMT and I think this is a very good move by the Flames"

Then in predictable troll fashion you proceeded to compare O'Reilly’s contract to Booth’s, yawn, fart..
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Nice Doc.... :lol:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Dude's trolling act has become rather banal its not even fun reading his posts anymore. :cry:
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

I like Royaldude's posts although I think his criticism towards Gillis can be a little over the top at times. Pre-2011, Gillis did do some solid things for the Canucks which allowed us to have our cup run. It's not like ALL he did was sit on his duff and ride the coattails of Nonis. This is where The Dude and I disagree.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

:D lol @ Rd mouthing it up while he shoves his size 8 Stan Smiths in his mouth . You have been owned brutha
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

CrzyCanuck wrote:Dude's trolling act has become rather banal its not even fun reading his posts anymore. :cry:
You mean people read them? :?

Anyway - lets get back on topic and talk about hockey.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

RoyalDude wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:He's the real deal is he ? NHL careers are built on the first two weeks of the season on this board I see. Have you even see this kid play ? What does he do well ? Can he play at both ends of the ice ? Is he physical, good on faceoffs ? You probably don't know what hand he shoots. Is he a strong skater with good acceleration ? Would you describe him as someone with a good hockey IQ ?

3000 posts already . Quite the hockey afficionado I guess.

For the record Connolly came out of a brutal draft class. The fact you seem so giddy and have such lovers nuts for one kid on a brutal team in a great draft is just strange really. Would Monahan be getting so much prime toi on a decent team ? That is the question for you and you need to think about it.
Wasn't it you that made the big stinky stink how much older Monahan is and how that justifies his fantastic play out if the gate?

Anyhow

The long and short of Vandalays post here - It bothers him extremely that the Flames have a great young player in the fold whom seemingly has superstar potential written all over him
Far be it from me to knock the kid - I think he's had a great start and does have potential, but superstar potential?? I hope he does become that, but it's way too early to say.

As to Art Vandelay's comments, the kid has a very high hockey IQ. He sees the ice very well and always seems to make the right play. He hasn't been great in the faceoff circle in the NHL, but that's something he can get better at (he was very good at faceoffs in Junior). His skating is good and he does have a real knack with the puck. He seems to have some chemistry with Sevn B. Oh, it doesn't hurt when he scores clutch goals like the winning goal against NJ with just a few minutes to go in the game. There is lots to like about the kid. What his ceiling is at this point is hard to say.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:How does Kevin Lowe still have a job? Fuck he can't even do the tank it draft high well either. It must drive him nuts seeing how successful the avalanche are from tanking it and drafting high

O'Reilly
Duschene
Landeskog
McKinnon
Stastny

Eberle
Hall
RNH
Yak
Gagner

The Toronto media absolutely love the New Look Oilers always referencing the Gretzky era as a comparable . LMAO. How long are they gonna keep on trying to recreate that? It's blinded them . Love it!

U wonder who would score lower on an IQ test - Taylor Hall, David Booth, Sopel or Steve Bernier?
Great info there boss. You are same guy who said Mackinnon wasn't even a top 5 pick after the WJC and now you are his biggest fan. Same as telling us for the last two years how great the Oilers were going to be and how they had young studs like Klefbom and Teubert to round out the team.

It's similar to you being such a yo yo regarding players like Hamhuis, Garrison and Kassian. Up and down like a whores pants.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: How does Kevin Lowe still have a job? Fuck he can't even do the tank it draft high well either. It must drive him nuts seeing how successful the avalanche are from tanking it and drafting high

O'Reilly
Duschene
Landeskog
McKinnon
Stastny

Eberle
Hall
RNH
Yak
Gagner

LOFL you've been the Corner's token Oiler cheerleader for the past two years, raving about the 'new dynasty'!

And now you say "How does Kevin Lowe still have a job?" :crazy:

At one point Potatoe and I were fruitlessly trying to convince you the Avs future was brighter.

You responded thusly:

viewtopic.php?p=117815#p117815
RoyalDude wrote: I would take the Oilers young players over the Avalanches. Taylor Hall is a future Top 5 player along with Nugent Hopkins. Taylor Hall is almost already a superstar. Nugent-Hopkins won't be too far behind, I see those two hitting early stardom the way Toews and Kane did. Landeskog and Dushcene are the next tier down, good players but not in the same league. Also, Eric Johnson is borderline bust and Stastny ain't turning out as expected. O'Reilly is a solid two-way player but not a super highly skilled star in the making.
Ummm do you have a split personality?

You change your mind like yo momma should change her underwear! :lol:

BTW we LOLed at the O'Reilly contract because it was a major FEASTER offer-sheet blunder:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/calg ... n-oreilly/

But YOU said:

"Love the bold move here by the Flames MGMT and I think this is a very good move by the Flames"

Then in predictable troll fashion you proceeded to compare O'Reilly’s contract to Booth’s, yawn, fart..
+1

I just wish for the sake of my audience that I felt enough shame to change my ways but we all know that ain't happening. I am not loyal to some of my opinions like you are all loyal to my opinions. I make the necessary adjustments for in the life of sports 'it's a what have you done for me lately' world, which is why I cannot allow nostalgia to sway my opinions on what is happening now.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol......in other words don't ever expect me to ever take a position and stick with it for more than a week .