GDT: Oct 10 - Canucks vs Habs. 19:00 HNiC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Oct 10 - Canucks vs Habs. 19:00 HNiC

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Art Vandelay wrote:Shitty effort after the fluke goal . The upcoming road trip will show what the team is made of . Little early yet to throw in the towel on the season royal dud
Hey I dig it Art, we have a secret weapon in our arsenal of arsenal, it's called Flipping the Switch. We've been doing for awhile now
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

The score goes to 3-1 and the guys give up. I wager Torts is going to peel some paint off the dressing room walls tonight. They outplayed Montreal for the first half of the game and even when the fluke goal went in, they didn't play like they were out of it. 3rd period stank, period, and it only reeked worse after they made it 4-1.

Hamhuis left his brain somewhere, but it ain't anywhere near the Rog.

This team still needs an upgrade at forward. Whether it's a winger who can somehow wake Kesler out of his offensive slumber, or an actual 3rd line C who can play 2nd line roles for stretches, I don't know. Shawn Matthias would be a good idea, but don't think Tallon will give him up.

November can't come soon enough for Luongo.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rats19 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Our high octane offense was in beast mode again tonight. How
Long have we been a scoring powerhouse now?
Hey we got 2 goals...
Wait til Kesler flips the Beast Mode switch. The mesh will be rippling more than newbie - art vandalay thinks about me. Which is loads!
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

The Canucks had momentum in the second, until the own goal. Their resolve disappeared after that.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Lancer wrote: Shawn Matthias would be a good idea, but don't think Tallon will give
Yes! We could definitely use more average forward types for the bottom 6 from the Panthers. That will put us over the top

We could form an average line of booth, Kassian and matthias. A line of half assers
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

This team misses Burrows, definitely doesn't miss Kesler

Trade the nose
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

It's all good man...we are saving our energy for when it counts!

Right? :look:
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The team's biggest problem right now is the complete inability to get possession of the puck on defense and transition to offense. They can't break out to save a life, and when they do they are still spread too far apart and it's always an odd man situation in the defender's favor.

Is it just me or are we watching more of the two pronged attack we saw last year when the breakout happens, a shot comes in from the wing, and the far side forward has gone on a line change.....they are back to playing a game that doesn't even factor in a 3rd attacker that fills the lanes. It was there in pre-season and in spurts through the first 3 games, but it has disappeared faster than the $2 hookers that get into SKYO's '91 Caravan.

Come December I'm sure that Gillis will be ruing the day he handed out all those NTC's.

Hamhuis is garbage right now. His brain is everywhere BUT at the rink. The honeymoon for the home-grown BC kid has worn off and I think he's feeling more pressure, especially after 2011, 2012, and 2013. Injury or not, he just isn't mentally on top of things right now. Nearly every time he double clutches at the point is a rush going the other way and often a trip to the box for someone sporting an Orca.....and no he's not just my scapegoat on the blueline now that Edler is suspended. Check my posts, I haven't been happy with his play since the puck dropped 9 days ago.

This team does need something up front. We can go on and on, but I think we are all agreed that our 4th line is absolute shit. Weise has some good physical tools, but he's no smart enough to play more than 7 minutes per game. Sestito is useless, if I could actually see RD's posts I'm sure we'd be sitting on the same side of the fence when it comes to that wasted contract on Gillis' part.

Kassian's first game back.....definitely needs to get his game legs (such as they were) back under him.

Garrison is the best thing we've seen on the Canucks blueline in years.

Bieksa seems to be re-engaging and I've liked his jump.

The team as a whole needs to start figuring out how to get decent shots through and on the net.....failing that they need to start filling lanes and watching for rebounds.

Luongo was actually VERY good in this game. Can't fault him on the first goal where he made a couple of saves first and the bounce went to a Canadien stick. The second goal is all Hamhuis. The third goal was the PK failing to clear the puck and tired legs being stuck on the ice, absolutely terrible defensive coverage and a bounce off of the high forward's skate right onto Plekanec's stick who fed a wide open Markov. 4th goal was whatever, a change up that Lou slightly mis-played, but when you see the angle from behind the net it was a tricky puck to follow, still should have had it, but at that point who gave a shit really. Easily could have been 7-1 for Montreal just based on the play in front of Luongo in that third period alone.

I think we better get used to turning the page for the next month or two until this team figures some shit out or Gillis finally blows it up. (Not pushing the panic button, but it will have to be one or the other).
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote:It's all good man...we are saving our energy for when it counts!

Right? :look:
Lol...that's about as achievable as a crack head saving some rock for next weekend.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Missed the whole game thank goodness, but I'm just going to say that this team needs a little more than a coaching change imo.

All MG has to do is just make a solid good trade, for an obvious need, for a bonafide two-way 3rd line center.

If he can't do that then byebye MG in 2014 offseason.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Frustrating but not as bad as in New York. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:Missed the whole game thank goodness, but I'm just going to say that this team needs a little more than a coaching change imo.

All MG has to do is just make a solid good trade, for an obvious need, for a bonafide two-way 3rd line center.

So you think fixing the bottom 6 is the answer to our scoring woes? Not top 6 talent like someone to give us a second line that can help the Sedins and the Canucks to produce more than 1 or 2 goals a game against good hockey teams?
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:
SKYO wrote:Missed the whole game thank goodness, but I'm just going to say that this team needs a little more than a coaching change imo.

So you think fixing the bottom 6 is the answer to our scoring woes? Not top 6 talent like someone to give us a second line that can help the Sedins and the Canucks to produce more than 1 or 2 goals a game against good hockey teams?
Dude, you are just who you are. You come out after the Canucks lost. You hide when the Canucks won. I am just sick of your tactics.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Dude, you are just who you are. You come out after the Canucks lost. You hide when the Canucks won. I am just sick of your tactics.
Cause I disagree with Skyo's solution and seemingly it's yours as well, you attack me? Suck it up butter cup, if my opinions of the leadership of this organization offend you. Gillis has been dropping the ball each year since we went to the Stanley Cup 4 seasons ago. It's amazing the Gillis denial around here in which I call the Weird Gillis Love.

In the last two playoffs we are 1-8 win/losses. How is that success? And yet Gillis has done fuck all to plug the leaks on why we got booted out of the 1st round. Coaching is not the problem, Torterella ain't gonna help us score more goals

Kassian is looking to be as dumb as Steve Bernier

For some reason gillis, in the off season and trade deadline is obsessed with bottom 6 player rotating and 6-7 defenseman. I won't even mention the Luongo debacle which really is grounds for firing. The arrogance of Gillis and his players agent loyalty to players is not GM material. Bold Moves my ass

How's this Jovo, why not offer your opinion on Skyo's solution that I challenged instead of crying about my opinions like a little schoolgirl. Man up, it's a fucking debate. Or is this always gonna be the flip the switch make excuses for gillis fan club here. See no monkey here no monkey?
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Dude, you are just who you are. You come out after the Canucks lost. You hide when the Canucks won. I am just sick of your tactics.
Cause I disagree with Skyo's solution and seemingly it's yours as well, you attack me? Suck it up butter cup, if my opinions of the leadership of this organization offend you. Gillis has been dropping the ball each year since we went to the Stanley Cup 4 seasons ago. It's amazing the Gillis denial around here in which I call the Weird Gillis Love.

In the last two playoffs we are 1-8 win/losses. How is that success? And yet Gillis has done fuck all to plug the leaks on why we got booted out of the 1st round. Coaching is not the problem, Torterella ain't gonna help us score more goals

Kassian is looking to be as dumb as Steve Bernier

For some reason gillis, in the off season and trade deadline is obsessed with bottom 6 player rotating and 6-7 defenseman. I won't even mention the Luongo debacle which really is grounds for firing. The arrogance of Gillis and his players agent loyalty to players is not GM material. Bold Moves my ass

How's this Jovo, why not offer your opinion on Skyo's solution that I challenged instead of crying about my opinions like a little schoolgirl. Man up, it's a fucking debate. Or is this always gonna be the flip the switch make excuses for gillis fan club here. See no monkey here no monkey?
Dude, one last time, I don't belong to any fan clubs. Like most of the GMs, MG has his flaws but he also did some good to this team. Unlike BigTuna, I don't believe that you are a troll. Perhaps you should change your attitude a bit, you should enjoy the games. You can hate MG all you want but you don't have to say it million times when the Canucks lost a game.