I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Postby Island Nucklehead » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:44 pm

3 Games:
Image


No Penalty:
Image
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4033
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Postby KeyserSoze » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:47 pm

Hertl deviates last second by slowing down to avoid as much body contact as possible (you can see the snow from his skates as he hits the brakes), AND, he reaches to try and poke the puck free.

Edler does not deviate or react at all to try to still get a piece of Hertl, and continues through with what would have been a routine body check. The hit is not too high or low, the timing is not early or late, elbows are not out, he is gliding not charging, he does not deviate his path.

Hertl cannot have the best of both worlds in this scenario. Either take the hit properly to make the play.....or hit the brakes, avoid contact, and leave the puck where it lies.

This is a sad league.
User avatar
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:39 am

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Postby The Brown Knight » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:54 pm

Wow,

You know it's bad when even the mass majority of Calpuckers are siding with.................us. :shock:

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=131071


Granted - there are a few douchebags/losers in that thread, but hey, it's Calgary.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
User avatar
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:42 am

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Postby CFP! » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1jwM_6EDW0

And this gets 5 games....and it's a Sedin, not a rookie.

What a joke Shanny is.
Last edited by CFP! on Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Postby Hockey Widow » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:57 pm

A lot less than I anticipated. How the fuck did Murray ever get away with all his ass first head shots? It was Murray wasn't it.

Great now we get to see what Alberts can do, or wait do we just slide Webber back there?
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Postby CFP! » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:57 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:A lot less than I anticipated. How the fuck did Murray ever get away with all his ass first head shots? It was Murray wasn't it.

Great now we get to see what Alberts can do, or wait do we just slide Webber back there?


Corrado please.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Postby Southern_Canuck » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:58 pm

I can't even work up any outrage about this latest act by the NHL.

I used to like hockey.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
User avatar
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:27 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Postby Meds » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:58 pm

Shannahan is a complete hack.

His predecessor was just as bad.

Inconsistency the only consistency.

We all know this.

The list of offenders who did worse but got less is very long.

See Duncan Keith for starters.

Is anyone really surprised by this?

Moving on.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3159
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Postby Meds » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:00 pm

Southern_Canuck wrote:I can't even work up any outrage about this latest act by the NHL.

I used to like hockey.

S_C


I still like hockey, but I'm at the point where if any other brand of hockey was viewable in HD (I'm a diva that way) I would tune into that instead of the NHL. I seriously think that if a rival league started up they would pull both players and fans away from the NHL by the tens of thousands.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3159
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Postby Uncle dans leg » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:16 pm

Meds wrote: (I'm a diva that way)

Whoa...duuuuude

Don't think thats really what you wanted to say....is it? :look:
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1942
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Postby ukcanuck » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:17 pm

This is the same old bullshit attempt to police the game. Intolerance at the start of the year to send a message and by the Stanley Cup Final, outright murder will just part of the game....

Unless of course the defendant is a Canuck then it's hammer time because nobody east of the Selkirk mountain range gives a flying fig...
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Postby ukcanuck » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:19 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Meds wrote: (I'm a diva that way)

Whoa...duuuuude

Don't think thats really what you wanted to say....is it? :look:

Oh no that's right, Diva.

First time he's made sense since before the lockout :)
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2309
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Postby Uncle dans leg » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:22 pm

ukcanuck wrote:This is the same old bullshit attempt to police the game. Intolerance at the start of the year to send a message and by the Stanley Cup Final, outright murder will just part of the game....

Unless of course the defendant is a Canuck then it's hammer time because nobody east of the Selkirk mountain range gives a flying fig...

Don't forget you, Per, Spidey and Darren (yes Darren). You all give a flying fig I'm sure
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1942
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Postby Knucklehead » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:29 pm

Meds wrote:
Southern_Canuck wrote:I can't even work up any outrage about this latest act by the NHL.

I used to like hockey.

S_C


I still like hockey, but I'm at the point where if any other brand of hockey was viewable in HD (I'm a diva that way) I would tune into that instead of the NHL. I seriously think that if a rival league started up they would pull both players and fans away from the NHL by the tens of thousands.


I agree with both of these comments.

The inconsistancy in ingame reffing and suspensions is an absolute joke.

I was going to get cable back to watch Canucks games live but now I don't care enough, I'll just keep my peasant vision and listen to the odd game on the radio.
Knucklehead
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:39 am

Re: I Cannot Believe it is a Suspension Thread

Postby herb » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:A lot less than I anticipated. How the fuck did Murray ever get away with all his ass first head shots? It was Murray wasn't it.


Kronwall?
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2005
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest