GDT Oct 10 Sharks/Hertl vs Canucks - 7pm - SNetP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT Oct 10 Sharks/Hertl vs Canucks - 7pm - SNetP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Reefer2 wrote:I have no worries, really this team will make the playoffs.

I only want 1 larger forward, someone with some size and skill (like who does not want this)

The nucks are 1 good forward away from getting past the first round.
The story of Gillis life
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The one big problem I have with MG's moves this year is the smallest move he made. Why trade a 4th round and a prospect for two Carolina players who are no better than what you already have in the organization? Now he can't send Dalpe down or he risks losing him on waivers and instead some of the kids who don't need to clear waivers could have been getting a chance to play. Shinkarik could have been given his 10 game preview. It's little moves like this that he me baffled.

I love the Stanton free waiver pick up but a player of Dalpe's ilk is no better than what we have and Tort's is handcuffed because MG won't risk losing him. So it's the little things about him that I don't get. Why not save that one roster spot for players that don't have to clear waivers?
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

all good points HW.
--
If this team has yet another playoff letdown, this could very well be MG's last season at the helm, well some of us thought he was on the radar at the end of last season, especially with the Luongo situation/fiasco, but he's given one more chance to get something going, try to get some scoring help for the Sedin's, a solid 3rd line, any kind of chemistry after the Sedin line, plus one of his many power forward projects to succeed.

If Gillis is smart and wants to keep his job he should be looking to hire a solid retired GM to be his senior advisor which was recently vacated by Smyl.
A GM preferably who has connections still to other teams and has won a Cup before!
To teach MG how it's done proper!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

But after calming down, I regress on the MG attack for now.

I'd like to see the team put on shotblocking gear from now on and see how this team does with a full healthy lineup!.....LOLOL like that'll ever happen. :lol:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Fucking terrible effort all around. I guess Edler will get 5 or 6 games for that hit considering the jersey he wears and he got three games for running over Smith. Will Eye Bags call up Corrado or put in Alberts or Weber ?

I will give Gillis until the 30 -40 game mark to solve this teams gaping hole down the middle. Santorelli looks like a decent guy to plug in here and there and Richardson as well but neither of these guys is going to be able to firm up a line and give this team 15 - 18 solid two way minutes. I have little confidence in Jordan Shroeder making any positive impact when he returns but I would love to be proven wrong.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

A lousy game.. sad to say I watched all of it :(
Kesler line not doing much. but better than last game..
Sedins still not able to do much against good defensive play.
3rd line ? Richardson maybe ok for a middle of the road team..
4th line ? AHL players getting NHL salary...
defence ? lots of blunders.. Stanton looked good..
goaltending ? mediocre..
Santarelli .. one bright spot..

Yeah Book it ;)
Maybe with the return of Kassian we get a little better.. and when Burrows gets back
maybe Torts puts him back with Kesler and we got a real second line again..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Edler is going in for a hearing due to rookie being unable to keep his head up in a hockey game. :?

LINK
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Jesus fucking Christ I can't beleive Edler is getting a hearing for that hit. A hearing in the NHL means he is getting suspended. There is no trial, it's just a call so they can tell you in person how many games you are out.

So, we got ragdolled by the Sharks again...great. I'll be happy to not play that team for a while, I can tell you that.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol yes injuries shouldn't hold a guy back. Jesus fucking christ
At this level they shoukd only slow down your speed and compete level. A pulled groin shouldn't slow down the way you think and pass.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol yes injuries shouldn't hold a guy back. Jesus fucking christ
At this level they shoukd only slow down your speed and compete level. A pulled groin shouldn't slow down the way you think and pass.
Dear Mr. Faceplanter...have you ever even played the game? Most on here have not and come up with stupid trade proposals and arm chair General Managing...it is dumbing us down so please, just stop it...

Sincerely, It's Friday
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Mëds wrote:
So what you're saying is, a player who is a step slower due to injury and has less time and space to make decisions should do just as well with that reduced amount of time and space as he would normally... got it.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I will give Gillis until the 30 -40 game mark to solve this teams gaping hole down the middle.
Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be seeing much from Gillis. More likely than not, he'll probably just wait until next year where a guy like Horvat or Gaunce can step in and fill the role.

If not this, he'll probably just plug in Jordan Schroeder.

Gillis just might be content in preparing for the future while seeing this current core bow out in the first, round...or maybe 2nd round if they somehow avoid LA or San Jose in the first.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mike 'Daryl Sutter' Gillis is GMing this team to mediocre Daryl Sutter era Calgary Flame hockey. .500 hockey yay. Keep tinkering with the bottom 6 by rotating journeymen in and out of the lineup while cooking the prospects in the minors refusing to deal with fixing the upper end of the line up cause well why? He has a bums eye for talent. Go Dalpe!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Dalpe could end up being a steal. Hard to score when you are getting 3 minutes of ice time per game. Hopefully he will soon be up to speed with JTs system and will get some decent minutes.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: I will give Gillis until the 30 -40 game mark to solve this teams gaping hole down the middle.
Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be seeing much from Gillis. More likely than not, he'll probably just wait until next year where a guy like Horvat or Gaunce can step in and fill the role.

If not this, he'll probably just plug in Jordan Schroeder.

Gillis just might be content in preparing for the future while seeing this current core bow out in the first, round...or maybe 2nd round if they somehow avoid LA or San Jose in the first.
you cant dance unless you have a partner and money for tickets to the ball...seems to me that the salary cap has much to do with tying every GMs hands.

lets see what unfolds this year shall we? perhaps when the league acknowledges a cap increase there will be an increase in GMMG's options