Predictions for Canucks 2013-14 Season

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

How will the Canucks do this year?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:38 pm

They will be a top seed in the West and challenge for a President's Trophy again
33%
They are a middle of the pack team and will catch one of the bottom playoff spots
51%
They will not make the playoffs, it's really time to rebuild
16%

Total votes: 43

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Predictions for Canucks 2013-14 Season

Post by The Brown Knight »

Rumsfeld wrote:And keep in mind that powerhouse 2011 team really wasn't that great in the playoffs. Our skill and depth almost got us all the way but we were oh-so-nearly humiliated by the Hawks, squeaked by Nashville on the back of Ryan Kesler, had one fantastic series against the Sharks, and then, yeah, the Bruins. :? It was really nothing like the impressive Final runs we've seen in recent years from the Kings, Hawks, Ducks and Wings.
[/quote]

Not sure if I agree with this........and even if there is truth to this, who cares?

And no - we didn't just "squeak" by Nashville. Nashville is a good team, but we took it to them. Kesler had a great series but the whole team played well that series as well.

2013 Hawks didn't exactly dominate the Wings or Bruins en route to their cup victory. Does it make their achievement any less? What about 2008 Pitsburgh? 2011 Boston? Lets not make this just about recent teams. Lets talk about Carolina, Tampa Bay, New Jersey, Colorado, Detroit, and Dallas.

Any team that makes the Stanley Cup Final, deserves respect. Period. To say that a Stanley Cup finalist "really wasn't that good during the playoffs", is mind-numbingly ridiculous........especially in the Canucks' case as they got to a Game 7 of the FINALS, and never trailed in a series until their very last defeat. Ridiculous......
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: Predictions for Canucks 2013-14 Season

Post by Rumsfeld »

Any team that makes the Stanley Cup Final, deserves respect. Period.
I know, I have mad respect for the 2004 Flames and 2006 Oilers. :lol:

2007 Ducks -- 16-5
2008 Redwings -- 16-6
2010 Hawks -- 16-6
2012 Kings -- 16-4
2013 Hawks -- 16-7

2011 Canucks -- 15-10

As you can see, the last five Western Conference Cup winners were significantly more dominant playoff teams than the '11 Canucks. Even if we'd won the last game against the Bs, 16-9 is a pretty weak record for a cup winner. Not that I wouldn't have taken it!

My point was simply that, for a team that set the NHL on fire in the regular season, the Canucks really weren't very dominant in the playoffs.

And you know what else is "ridiculous" Farhan? Making 70 posts in your first two days back, most of them full of the silly trade proposals that got you oh-so-deservedly shitcanned in the first place.

Tone it down a bit there Giggles.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society