From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote: But I guess that's what you can expect when you put people behind the media section and deny them a view of the scoreboard...
Is that above or below Bow level?

I saw the thread the other day and couldn't get very far into it.

Maybe we could pass the hat and get Doc tickets to the Air Canada Centre.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Maybe we could pass the hat and get Doc tickets to the Air Canada Centre.
I plan on paying a visit to the Air Canada Centre one day.

Or as I call it... Ground Zero. Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

That board is a mess!!! It's like a retard convention at that site. Seriously what an orgy of hate, jealousy and stupidity . Having perused that place over the years there is most definitely an obsession with the Canucks, the fanbase and the city of Vancouver in general.

Nothing like the generalizations over there, "they", "them", "those Canucks fans" did this, this and that. Because there absolutely aren't any dumb Flames fans right. :roll: Seriously, the guy that runs that site must be the biggest idiot there for the simple fact that he lets these people act the way that they do. You kind of have to wonder about a guy who gives himself a handle like Bingo.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Art Vandelay wrote:That board is a mess!!! It's like a retard convention at that site. Seriously what an orgy of hate, jealousy and stupidity . Having perused that place over the years there is most definitely an obsession with the Canucks, the fanbase and the city of Vancouver in general.

Nothing like the generalizations over there, "they", "them", "those Canucks fans" did this, this and that. Because there absolutely aren't any dumb Flames fans right. :roll: Seriously, the guy that runs that site must be the biggest idiot there for the simple fact that he lets these people act the way that they do. You kind of have to wonder about a guy who gives himself a handle like Bingo.
If you think that's bad, you should tune into '960 The Fan' if you ever get a chance.

Believe it or not, that station is even more ridiculous than Calgarypuck.com.

Remember when Duncan Keith injured Sedin with that dirty hit in 2012?

Obviously - a few Canuck fans were angry and may have said some stupid things, but 960 "The Fan" then devoted an entire show towards the Canucks........and if hockey was no longer just a game for British Columbians any more and if it was infact, an obsession. They cited that a lot of "strange comments come out of BC" (in response to one angry fan saying, "Duncan Keith shouldn't come back to BC" in light of his hit on Sedin), and that perhaps it wasn't just a game anymore.......and that perhaps the stress of not having won a cup was taking its toll mentally on British Columbians."

The other half of that particular show talked about how Vancouverites can't stand it when other cities on the West Coast get praised (i.e. if someone says 'Seattle is a nice city', a Vancouverite will automatically start talking about Vancouver :? -). Just really stupid things like that.

And then my friends wonder why I was genuinely happy when Calgary got flooded (not because I wanted to see anything bad long term happen to anyone........but because I wanted to kick them as hard as I could when THEY were down just as they did to us two years earlier......give them a taste of their own goddamn medicine......felt so friggin good by the way, as I let it all "hang" on Facebook). It's just bullshit. Albertans would be all too happy in seeing bad things happen to Vancouver, and they kicked us down during our lowest time (i.e. Cup loss.......not defending us when good Vancouverites cleaned up the riots). I consider it one of my favorite moments in life when I expressed how I truly felt about Calgary during one of their lowest moments earlier this year.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Calgary is an absolutely hideous city. The place looks like Baghdad or Beirut and is likely the only city in the country that is uglier than both Edmonton and Toronto.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Art Vandelay wrote:That board is a mess!!! It's like a retard convention at that site. Seriously what an orgy of hate, jealousy and stupidity . Having perused that place over the years there is most definitely an obsession with the Canucks, the fanbase and the city of Vancouver in general.

I'll say one thing again.

During one of the analysis' on 960 "The Fan", they talked about Boston/Vancouver Game 7.......and how it was complete domination on Boston's part. The truth of the matter however, was that it wasn't. Canucks out-shot and out-hit the Bruins by a very wide margin in Game 7 (if I recall correctly, the shots were 37-21 in Vancouver's favor, and it was around 47-26 in Vancouver's favor as far as hits were concerned). Those stats weren't "padded" either (i.e. Boston protecting the lead). The shots and chances in Van's favor was consistent throughout.

Bruins got an empty net goal, and scored 2 goals in a relatively short time span due to a bad stretch on our part............but nope...........all of this got twisted into "complete domination" on Boston's part.

Again - this game was two years ago and I'm not even sure why I'm bringing it up, but it just goes to show someone of the TREMENDOUS negative bias that comes out of Calgary and their media outlets. It's some of the most ridiculous things that I've ever seen.
Last edited by The Brown Knight on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Art Vandelay wrote:Calgary is an absolutely hideous city. The place looks like Baghdad or Beirut and is likely the only city in the country that is uglier than both Edmonton and Toronto.
Toronto is actually a really cool place. May not be the most asthetically pleasing, but it's an awesome city to live in.

I'll have to give Toronto credit as far as that goes.

The Dark Indian Rises
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Art Vandelay wrote:Calgary is an absolutely hideous city. The place looks like Baghdad or Beirut and is likely the only city in the country that is uglier than both Edmonton and Toronto.
Art you speak truth, Calgary is like Kelowna without the lake, mountains or weather... one long Harvey avenue or Surrey at King George and 104th

truly meritless ...
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

I hate Calgary as a city, but I find ALL cities, Vancouver included, as hideous, ugly places to live. I think living in a city is an absolutely depressing prospect.

On another note - how about that Monahan kid :mrgreen:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

BCExpat wrote:
I hate Calgary as a city, but I find ALL cities, Vancouver included, as hideous, ugly places to live. I think living in a city is an absolutely depressing prospect.

On another note - how about that Monahan kid :mrgreen:
Monahan looks like a keeper.

As far as cities go: Calgary >>>>>> Edmonton.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

BCExpat wrote:I hate Calgary as a city, but I find ALL cities, Vancouver included, as hideous, ugly places to live.
That's a ripping yarn there country boy, but the fact remains that Vancouver looks like a postcard and Calgary resembles a fucking garbage dump.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Rumsfeld wrote:
BCExpat wrote:I hate Calgary as a city, but I find ALL cities, Vancouver included, as hideous, ugly places to live.
That's a ripping yarn there country boy, but the fact remains that Vancouver looks like a postcard and Calgary resembles a fucking garbage dump.
An ugly post card. Don't get me wrong - being BC born and raised, I love BC. I just hate Vancouver - no more or no less than any other city. Whether Vancouver is nicer than Calgary or not, is like comparing which wart on a hog's ass is the nicest. :roll:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Remember all the yakking they did when the Canucks had Vancouver written on the front of the jersey.

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I like their disappointment that we re-signed the twins to 7 million and four years. They really wanted like 8 million and six years. They are actually dismayed that we still get to keep them for a deserved salary and only 4 years. They hate the fact that it was a good contract. Love it. Although a few say we are making a mistake like the Flames did with Iggy and Kipper, not trading them. They don't seem to get that we really couldn't trade them and unlike Iggy and Kipper they would have been FA.

Now if MG had signed them for 6-7 years then in four years they would have a point. The fact that most feel it is a good contract is telling.
The only HW the Canucks need
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I assume everyone has seen that after the hot start they had they have come back down to earth, are under 0.500, sitting 6 points back of the playoffs, are closer to falling behind the Oilers than they are getting a playoff spot and sitting 11th. Coupled with Edmonton in 14th it's enough to bring a tear to an eye and put laughter in the belly.