HNIC may leave CBC :)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Postby Uncle dans leg » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:17 am

It goes back to 94 when we smeared them across the carpet like a dog with a willnot.

Good old Wendel Clark and Douggy Whats-his-face getting kissed by Cherry then obliterated by the far better team.
nobody forks with...the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Arachnid » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:47 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:It goes back to 94 when we smeared them across the carpet like a dog with a willnot.

Good old Wendel Clark and Douggy Whats-his-face getting kissed by Cherry then obliterated by the far better team.

Who fucking cares about the laughs or CBC bias. Do you really need accreditation and acknowledgement from those idiots?

You're like a bitter ex bitch going on and on about it.

Just ignore them and focus on the Cup™ :)
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Uncle dans leg » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:49 am

Arachnid wrote:

:?:
This isn't my crusade...I just chirped in with my expert analysis.

Don't be so bitter...you live in Leaf-ville, you have a velvet leafblower uniform, come out of the closet already
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby The Brown Knight » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:05 am

Arachnid wrote:Who fucking cares about the laughs or CBC bias. Do you really need accreditation and acknowledgement from those idiots?

I'd completely agree with this line of thought if it wasn't for the fact that CBC's opinion has a significant influence on Canadian hockey fans.

If CBC promotes the idea of Vancouver being "the most hated team in the league" (when in actuality, it's Alberta, Toronto, and a few key rivals such as Chicago and Boston that feels this way), then it hurts our perception, image, brand, etc.
Last edited by The Brown Knight on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:02 pm

Arachnid wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:It goes back to 94 when we smeared them across the carpet like a dog with a willnot.

Who fucking cares about the laughs or CBC bias. Do you really need accreditation and acknowledgement from those idiots?

Just ignore them and focus on the Cup™ :)

Hmmm I've been worried about Spidey living at the centre of the universe all these years.

Case in point:

viewtopic.php?p=91316#p91316
Arachnid on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:04 am wrote:
Funny enough, I have hated the Leafs for years. Even when I had seasons here. Now, since BB got here and got serious and dumped the dead old weight (except for Kaberle) I actually kind of like them.

Now they have young, honest, hard working guys. Hanson (the son of the Slapshot) is a great young player that plays his heart out every shift (wish he played on the Canucks), Schenn is going to be dominant in 5 years time, the Monster is actually pretty good, Bozak is a real pleasure to watch.

I want nothing more (because I'm fracking shellfish 8-) ) than for the Leafs to be a good team again

Like I say, Cherry and MacLean didn't start out as Leaf-lovers either. :look:

Anyhoo, back on topic, I must say The Brown Knight has done a stellar job in this debate. Image
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby BigTuna » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:16 pm

Well, Burke did do a great job building the Leafs.
BigTuna
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby BigTuna » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:17 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Bullshit CBC was pro Canucks . Maclean, Cherry, Healy and Stock all despise the team . Friedman is the only one there who doesn't hate the Canucks

By that token, they hate the Leafs then. Have you listen to what is said about the Leafs? Look beyond Cherry giving Kadri a kiss.
BigTuna
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby BigTuna » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:19 pm

The Brown Knight wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Who fucking cares about the laughs or CBC bias. Do you really need accreditation and acknowledgement from those idiots?

I'd completely agree with this line of thought if it wasn't for the fact that CBC's opinion has a significant influence on Canadian hockey fans.

If CBC promotes the idea of Vancouver being "the most hated team in the league" (when in actuality, it's Alberta, Toronto, and a few key rivals such as Chicago and Boston), then it hurts our perception, image, brand, etc.

The Toronto media promoted Quinn's Leafs as the dirtiest/cheapest team in the NHl and it sure didn't hurt their brand.
BigTuna
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Uncle dans leg » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Hmmm I've been worried about Spidey living at the centre of the universe all these years.

Case in point:

Funny enough, I have hated the Leafs for years. Even when I had seasons here. Now, since BB got here and got serious and dumped the dead old weight (except for Kaberle) I actually kind of like them.

Now they have young, honest, hard working guys. Hanson (the son of the Slapshot) is a great young player that plays his heart out every shift (wish he played on the Canucks), Schenn is going to be dominant in 5 years time, the Monster is actually pretty good, Bozak is a real pleasure to watch.

I want nothing more (because I'm fracking shellfish 8-) ) than for the Leafs to be a good team again

Oh man Spidey....where do we begin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby sagebrush » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:51 am

Healy was at it again last night on HNIC. In the first intermission he provided some explanation why the Leafs were having a tough time against the Canucks (4-0 whitewash). They weren't used to playing at 4PM. :)
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Arachnid » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:10 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Case in point:

Oh man Spidey....where do we begin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now BB is gone and it's safe to hate them again...maybe I might like the young born-again Flames in the future with the 1st in 2015 :D
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby sagebrush » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:01 pm

CBC is making a big deal about the Leafs-Bruins game tonight. Website, TV, etc, ad nauseam...

Remember when CBC passed on the first Canucks - Bruins game after the 2011 SCF ?
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Tciso » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:51 pm

BigTuna wrote: You guys claim they love the Leafs. Do you listen to them? They bash the team constantly. Yet you think their deep-throating of your team was hate. I don't get it.

They point out the really obvious crap about the Leaves, but on the whole, they are pumping Blue sunshine 24/7.

And Leaf fans don't hate the Canucks. It's the other way around. It's stricktly a one-sided feud.[/quote]

Only because the leave fans are in the center of the universe, and barely admit that there are 29 other teams in the league.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Benjo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:37 pm

I appreciate the effort Healy but this made no goddamn sense.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Strangelove » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:21 pm

Benjo wrote:I appreciate the effort Healy but this made no goddamn sense.

Yup, he sounds like a 14-year-old girl who is hot for boys from Ontario.

Perhaps Mr Cherry can translate all this gobbledygook for us. :drink:
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat