HNIC may leave CBC :)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: HNIC may leave CBC :)

Post by Strangelove »

That's because Leaf fans despise the Canucks more than any other team these days imo

(so they make their CBC bitches dance to that tune).

If so, is it because of jealousy due to the fact the city of Vancouver has risen in prominence?

Or is it because Canuck fans have been merciless to Leafers over the past few years?

Y'know BK, Canuck fans on the net have the reputation of being MAJOR assholes.

Especially toward Leaf fans.

No idea why.
____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Strangelove wrote:That's because Leaf fans despise the Canucks more than any other team these days imo

If so, is it because of jealousy due to the fact the city of Vancouver has risen in prominence?

Or is it because Canuck fans have been merciless to Leafers over the past few years?

No idea why.
All good points about Van.

Who knows.....maybe in a few years if the Oilers ever manage to get their act together, they'll become the new Canucks in Toronto eyes.

Regarding Internet reputations, I'm not overly familiar with the backstory, but I do vaguely remember some things from way back in 2000. I was a young college student at the time.

Back then, I think there was this place called "rivals" ( or penaltybox.com?) and I seem to recall some leaves hockey moderator named Rick Couchman getting absolutely lit up by some Canucks trolls. It was a long time ago though and so I'm not entirely sure if that's even true.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

What on... EARTH... are you trying to say Daniel. :drink:

Danny: BARK BARK BARK
Strangelove: What's that Danny, trouble at the old mill??
Danny: BARK BARK ARF ARF RUFF RUFF
Strangelove: WHAT?? The mill is ON FIRE??
Danny: WOOF WOOF ARF ARF ARF
Strangelove: Thanks boy, you saved the day!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Strangelove wrote:That's because Leaf fans despise the Canucks more than any other team these days imo

No idea why.
All good points about Van.

Who knows.....maybe in a few years if the Oilers ever manage to get their act together, they'll become the new Canucks in Toronto eyes.

Regarding Internet reputations, I'm not overly familiar with the backstory, but I do vaguely remember some things from way back in 2000. I was a young college student at the time.

Back then, I think there was this place called "rivals" ( or penaltybox.com?) and I seem to recall some leaves hockey moderator named Rick Couchman getting absolutely lit up by some Canucks trolls. It was a long time ago though and so I'm not entirely sure if that's even true.
The Oilers are hot garbage. No size, no D and no goaltending.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Strangelove wrote:What on... EARTH... are you trying to say Daniel. :drink:
Perhaps he is "stocking" up on.. something? Image
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

dbr wrote:
Strangelove wrote:What on... EARTH... are you trying to say Daniel. :drink:
Perhaps he is "stocking" up on.. something? Image

No! He's saying put a sock in it.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Agreed with all of that BK.

But neither Cherry nor MacLean loved the Leaves until they ended up at the centre of the universe.

They are victims of "Stockholm syndrome" (aka "prison bitches").

I think they hate the Canucks simply because they know Leaf fans tend to hate the Canucks.

It all comes back to the stinky old Leafcock.
True, but I also get a sense that they dislike Vancouver more than any other Canadian city.

Like if Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, and even Montreal went up against us, they'd be cheering them on as they did with Boston. Just a gut feeling.
CBC were huge Canuck homers during the 2011' finals. I'm shocked anyone can claim anything different.

You guys claim they love the leaves. Do you listen to them? They bash the team constantly. Yet you think their deep-throating of your team was hate. I don't get it.

And Leaf fans don't hate the Canucks. It's the other way around. It's stricktly a one-sided feud.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

BigTuna wrote: CBC were huge Canuck homers during the 2011' finals. I'm shocked anyone can claim anything different.

You guys claim they love the leaves. Do you listen to them? They bash the team constantly. Yet you think their deep-throating of your team was hate. I don't get it.

And Leaf fans don't hate the Canucks. It's the other way around. It's stricktly a one-sided feud.
I don't know about that.

I might be wrong, but the impression I got was that the media's in Toronto, Edmonton, and especially Calgary, went on a massive 'smear' campaign to label the Canucks as divers, whiners, biters, based on isolated incidents.......while also indirectly implying that no other team in the league was dirty, and that we were the most hated team amongst 29 other teams as opposed to 4 (Calgary, Edmonton, Chicago, and maybe Boston).

I think Damien Cox even went out of his way to talk about how 'karma' caught up with the Canucks and that Boston deserved to win because "they play the game the right way" (not acknowledging the fact that they play just as dirty.........only difference being that they have the ability to beat people up after the whistle).

Edmonton went as far as labelling Boston as 'Canada's team', while no one in the Alberta media (more specifically, 960 "The Fan") acknowledged the fact that real Canuck fans and stand up Vancouver citizens cleaned up the mess downtown after the riot.

A sporting rivarly is one thing...........and I don't begrudge Toronto, Calgary, or Edmonton for cheering against the Canucks out jealousy.......although I found it quite bizarre that Calgary literally accepted Boston as "their" team. However - some kind of defense or acknowledgement towards the city of Vancouver for cleaning up after the rioters (riots that were caused by a very small percentage of the population) should have been acknowledged........and it was not.

It was also NOT acknowledged that classy Canuck fans actually cheered on Lucic and many of the Boston Bruin players during the cup celebration........but instead, we were labelled as 'classless'.

So no - I don't see CBC as someone that was 'pumping our tires' during the playoffs. Not at all. To Don Cherry's credit however, he atleast acknowledged before Game 7 that his "heart was with Boston, but he thought Vancouver would win the cup."

The Dark Indian Rises
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

The Brown Knight wrote:
BigTuna wrote: CBC were huge Canuck homers during the 2011' finals. I'm shocked anyone can claim anything different.

I don't know about that.

I might be wrong, but the impression I got was that the media's in Toronto, Edmonton, and especially Calgary, went on a massive 'smear' campaign to label the Canucks as divers, whiners, biters, based on isolated incidents.......while also indirectly implying that no other team in the league was dirty, and that we were the most hated team amongst 29 other teams as opposed to 4 (Calgary, Edmonton, Chicago, and maybe Boston).

I think Damien Cox even went out of his way to talk about how 'karma' caught up with the Canucks and that Boston deserved to win because "they play the game the right way" (not acknowledging the fact that they play just as dirty.........only difference being that they have the ability to beat people up after the whistle).

Edmonton went as far as labelling Boston as 'Canada's team', while no one in the Alberta media (more specifically, 960 "The Fan") acknowledged the fact that real Canuck fans and stand up Vancouver citizens cleaned up the mess downtown after the riot.

A sporting rivarly is one thing...........and I don't begrudge Toronto, Calgary, or Edmonton for cheering against the Canucks out jealousy.......although I found it quite bizarre that Calgary literally accepted Boston as "their" team. However - some kind of defense or acknowledgement towards the city of Vancouver for cleaning up after the rioters (riots that were caused by a very small percentage of the population) should have been acknowledged........and it was not.

It was also NOT acknowledged that classy Canuck fans actually cheered on Lucic and many of the Boston Bruin players during the cup celebration........but instead, we were labelled as 'classless'.

So no - I don't see CBC as someone that was 'pumping our tires' during the playoffs. Not at all. To Don Cherry's credit however, he atleast acknowledged before Game 7 that his "heart was with Boston, but he thought Vancouver would win the cup."

Cox seems to hate Mike Gillis. Not sure if there's been some issue. But yes, he did crap on the Canucks a lot.

CBC was very pro Vancouver though.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

BigTuna wrote: CBC was very pro Vancouver though.
Maybe.

Another thing - This was from the January 7th 2012 when the Canucks got their revenge win over Boston:

1) Don Cherry accuses the Sedins' of cowardly leaving the ice during the Bruin/Canuck scrum. In actuality, it was a genius move on the twins' part as the Nucks would have been called for Too Many Men had they not. By contrast, tough guy Lucic came on and got ejected (my memory is a bit murky now as this was almost two years ago, but something to this effect). Canucks ended up getting a power play as a result of Sedins' quick thinking (combined with Lucic's buffoonery).

2) Weisse gets called a coward (by Don Cherry and Boston announcers). for supposedly ducking Thornton. In actuality however, Weisse and Adam McQuaid were getting ready to scrap when Thornton dropped his gloves and caught Weisse off guard. This was confirmed by Brad Marchand by the way in an off ice interview.

3) Don Cherry on Marchand hit to Salo: Cherry acknowledges that the hit to Salo was dirty, but then states, "Salo is one guy on that team that plays the game honestly" (indirectly implying that the mass majority of Canuck players do not play the game honestly).

4) Stanley Cup: Sedin getting speed bagged by Marchand. CBC and everyone made it look like Sedin was too cowardly to respond back to Marchand. In actuality, Sedin was allowing Marchand to punch him in the face as to draw a penalty. It worked.........but unfortunately, Sedin let the emotions get the better of him and he sprouted off to Kelly Sutherland.........which got him a 10 minute misconduct.

5) 1994: Don Cherry accuses Pavel Bure of threatening to hold out on Game 7 if his contract demands weren't met. Quinn defends Bure. Cherry then says, "Quinn is a good Irish guy, and he'll stick up for his guys no matter what" (Backhanded compliment - implication being that Quinn KNOWS that Bure was going to hold out but stuck up for Bure out of principle).

6) Toronto/Boston Game 7 this past season: Don Cherry states, "We won't see any trouble out there (referring to the thousands of Leaf fans gathered outside Air Canada Center). There are good fans out there." (an indirect shot at both Vancouver fans and Montreal fans........in reference to the riots).

Those are just a few examples, but it's comments and pettiness like that (CONSISTENTLY over the years), which makes many Vancouverites really wonder about the motives behind CBC.
Last edited by The Brown Knight on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:21 am, edited 5 times in total.

The Dark Indian Rises
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Bullshit CBC was pro Canucks . Maclean, Cherry, Healy and Stock all despise the team . Friedman is the only one there who doesn't hate the Canucks
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Bullshit CBC was pro Canucks . Maclean, Cherry, Healy and Stock all despise the team . Friedman is the only one there who doesn't hate the Canucks
I'm not sure if I'd put Stock in that category, but McLean/Healy/Cherry.......most definitely.

I think Stock is just too unintelligent to have his own concrete opinion and sort of just 'goes with the flow'.

The Dark Indian Rises
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

It goes back to 94 when we smeared them across the carpet like a dog with a willnot.

Good old Wendel Clark and Douggy Whats-his-face getting kissed by Cherry then obliterated by the far better team.
If you need air...call it in
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Uncle dans leg wrote:It goes back to 94 when we smeared them across the carpet like a dog with a willnot.

Good old Wendel Clark and Douggy Whats-his-face getting kissed by Cherry then obliterated by the far better team.
Who fucking cares about the laughs or CBC bias. Do you really need accreditation and acknowledgement from those idiots?

You're like a bitter ex bitch going on and on about it.

Just ignore them and focus on the Cup™ :)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)