Re-sign the Sedins thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re-sign the Sedins?

Yes
75%
No
11%
Maybe
9%
Who gives a shit
5%

Total votes: 44

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Re-sign the Sedins thread

Post by 2Fingers »

Knucklehead wrote:

I woud do 4 years.

year 1 - 9 mil
year 2 - 6.5 mil
year 3 - 5 mil
year 4 - 4.5 mil

AAV 6.25 million, I'd do it in a heartbeat, especilly since I wouldn't be paying out my own money!
I thought in the new CBA you could not do this type of contract anymore where you can front load it???

Anyways I know they will be signed and it will be 3 - 4 years and below market value.

The Sedins will retire as Canucks and hope and pray that there will be a SC banner for them as well.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Reef you can't front load them like you used to.

You can never pay less than 50% of the highest salaried year and you can never move more than 35% year to year, and of course you can't sign a guy for longer than eight years (seven if he is someone else's free agent or a player you acquired in this calendar year or some such BS)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

We'll his numbers work then no?

9 is the highest and 4.5 is the lowest, not less than 50%. And if my math is right no year is more than 35% lower than the preceding one. But then again math is not not strong point.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Hockey Widow wrote:We'll his numbers work then no?

9 is the highest and 4.5 is the lowest, not less than 50%. And if my math is right no year is more than 35% lower than the preceding one. But then again math is not not strong point.
Neither is English I think 8-)

Thanks dbr, I thought I heard something else on the radio.
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

My numbers work, I'm a math wizz and I've read posts from people that know the new contract.

I wanted to start with 10 mil in the first year but it just didn't work to get the AAV down to where I wanted it.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Knucklehead wrote:

My numbers work, I'm a math wizz and I've read posts from people that know the new contract.

I wanted to start with 10 mil in the first year but it just didn't work to get the AAV down to where I wanted it.
So are you saying this will be the new deal? If so I like it very much. Fair deal for all sides.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reefer2 wrote:

Neither is English I think 8-)

Thanks dbr, I thought I heard something else on the radio.
Smart ass!!!
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:

So are you saying this will be the new deal? If so I like it very much. Fair deal for all sides.

Sorry, not the new Sedin contract the new players contract outlining how contracts can be written.

I would love to see the Sedins sign a contract like that as well.

Even if you were still in Asia you would be more connected to the Canucks than me!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I' m home now, Asia is behind me! But I could be in Russia at the end of May, in time for the playoffs, again!
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Hockey Widow wrote:I' m home now, Asia is behind me! But I could be in Russia at the end of May, in time for the playoffs, again!
In Russia?! Be careful not to say anything positive about gays.... :?

Anyway, four games in, and each Sedin has six points.
They sure don't look like has-beens to me. Let's sign this extention and get it over with!
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Watching these Canucks games it should be pretty clear that without the Sedins' this team would be so atrocious!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote:Watching these Canucks games it should be pretty clear that without the Sedins' this team would be so atrocious!
This. A lot of this. As long as they are productive, we should be at least attempting to keep them.

Letting the Sedins go pretty much guarantees us a shot at a lottery pick. BTW, the draft lottery format has changed, so even if you're the worst team in the league, you only have a 25% of selecting first overall, and every team that misses the playoffs has a chance to pick 1st.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
SKYO wrote:Watching these Canucks games it should be pretty clear that without the Sedins' this team would be so atrocious!
This. A lot of this. As long as they are productive, we should be at least attempting to keep them.

Letting the Sedins go pretty much guarantees us a shot at a lottery pick. BTW, the draft lottery format has changed, so even if you're the worst team in the league, you only have a 25% of selecting first overall, and every team that misses the playoffs has a chance to pick 1st.
I dislike the system of rewarding teams for tanking. In the SHL, the two teams that finish last have to play relegation games against the four best teams from the second tier league to defend their SHL status. Almost every year some team is demoted and another team takes their place.

Helps keep the bad teams trying their hardest all the way till the final game of the season, as being demoted means economic disaster, and it makes the cutoff line for the two worst teams as interesting as the cutoff line for those who make the playoffs. 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Per wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

I dislike the system of rewarding teams for tanking. In the SHL, the two teams that finish last have to play relegation games against the four best teams from the second tier league to defend their SHL status. Almost every year some team is demoted and another team takes their place.

Helps keep the bad teams trying their hardest all the way till the final game of the season, as being demoted means economic disaster, and it makes the cutoff line for the two worst teams as interesting as the cutoff line for those who make the playoffs. 8-)
So you're saying we should have sent dEdmonton to the SEL years ago?! :eh:

I like it! :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Arachnid wrote:
So you're saying we should have sent dEdmonton to the SEL years ago?! :eh:

I like it! :D

+100 !!