Canucks select Bo Horvat with the #9 pick

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: Canucks select Bo Horvat with the #9 pick

Post by Rumsfeld »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: I think I can say with absolute certainty that Horvat is never going to be the offensive talent Ryan Getzlaf is. Getzlaf's talent was obvious... Horvat's not so much.

Still have very high hopes for him and think he's an offensively talented player.... just sayin'.

He made some excellent offensive plays in the scrimages.

He is a good skater, has an excellent shot, good hands, and good IQ. If he keeps improving he should be a solid offensive player at the NHL level.

Also note Horvat's recent Jr numbers are a bit skewed. He started off in a defensive role but just killed it the back half of the season and playoffs.

He does have a pretty sweet toe drag... but so do most first-round picks these days.

Have to see more of him with better players to really get a feel for his skill level.

That said, comparing any 18 year old picked out of the top3 to Ryan Getzlaf is a bit silly.

True enough. I'd be less inclined to if we hadn't traded a top-5 NHL goaltender for him. And Getzlaf was really just who came to mind the way folks around here have been talking about Horvat.... a big, talented first-line NHL center.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote: I'd be less inclined to if we hadn't traded a top-5 NHL goaltender for him.
Ummmmmm.... HOW MANY starts has your ginger had at age 27? :lol:

I heard they wanted to give him more starts

... but they kept finding him in the shower curled up in the fetal position on game day. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:... but they kept finding him in the shower curled up in the fetal position on game day. :drink:
That's where you're going to be when we compare their seasons come April...
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 1aLKudVKxQ

Just a sick play by Horvat.

Steals the puck, skate to stick with speed, burns the defenceman on the outside, and just an absolutely fantastic pass from the back hand.

6 points in 3 games so far after an absolutely dominating playoffs last year followed up by a great camp.

My guess is he has a fantastic WJC's and is one of the best players in the OHL this year.

Next years camp will probably be the most interesting in over a decade. It was easy to predict that the kids wouldn't be ready this season, next year there could be 4 guys making a big push at forward.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Potatoe1 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 1aLKudVKxQ

Steals the puck, skate to stick with speed, burns the defenceman on the outside, and just an absolutely fantastic pass from the back hand.

6 points in 3 games so far after an absolutely dominating playoffs last year followed up by a great camp.

My guess is he has a fantastic WJC's and is one of the best players in the OHL this year.

Next years camp will probably be the most interesting in over a decade. It was easy to predict that the kids wouldn't be ready this season, next year there could be 4 guys making a big push at forward.
Shhhhhhh...don't tell BD...he's close to the l'edge... :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ain't we lucky Nonis drafted Schneider
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Nonis a .250 batter with his first rounders. Not bad for a fat kid . Too bad the team didn't have Kopitar, Stewart and Perron
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Nonis a .250 batter with his first rounders. Not bad for a fat kid . Too bad the team didn't have Kopitar, Stewart and Perron
Now that would have been good drafting!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Nonis a .250 batter with his first rounders. Not bad for a fat kid . Too bad the team didn't have Kopitar, Stewart and Perron
Not fair to Luc Bourdon

Gillis in 6 drafts has yet to yield an NHL'er other than Hodgson whom he traded for a player with off ice issues in Rochester of the AHL to beat up Lucic in the playoffs
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Not fair to Luc Bourdon

I could give two shits about fair. Kopitar is one of the best players in the NHL. Bourdon was a 4/5 d man if he panned out. It was a terrible pick and i said it at the time.

It's not fair that you constantly slag Kassian about being this off ice pisstank but you still do it and what's more of a joke is you use greaseballs like Taylor, b MAc and Tony G to back up your claims.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: It's not fair that you constantly slag Kassian about being this off ice pisstank but you still do it and what's more of a joke is you use greaseballs like Taylor, b MAc and Tony G to back up your claims.
Agreed, at first he was just grumpy and screwing around.

But now it's time to face the sad truth, Bikerdude has gone full troll. :(

He now HATES our Vancouver Canucks, no doubt blames em for all his problemos...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:But now it's time to face the sad truth, Bikerdude has gone full troll. :(
Beyond.

He has become the ignorant fool he pretended to be while trolling.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Attaboy Boho! :lol:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote:But now it's time to face the sad truth, Bikerdude has gone full troll. :(
Beyond.

He has become the ignorant fool he pretended to be while trolling.
Hey! Leave our Voldemort alone :evil:

He makes me look good! :D

*poster edit so Dock can't use it as evidence* :lol: ...like a fan every year
Last edited by Arachnid on Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: Hey! Leave our Voldemort alone :evil:

He makes me look good! :D

It's far easier and lazier to be negative and lower expectations than have high unrealistic ones...like a Laugh fan every year
Does not compute, it can't be "easy" to make you look good. :mrgreen:

BikerDude what happened to you man, you used to bleed blue and... green... and silver and white.

Yo bro we're ALL frustrated our Vancouver Canucks have not yet sipped from the Holy Grail.

But we must never give in to bitterness.

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness."

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Step forth out of the darkness my dear Dude and let the healing begin!
____
Try to focus on someday.